Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results Day

• 25-07-2012 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hey everyone :)
    Just wondering what are people's plans for the 15th?How are people celebrating/Comiserating?
    Also, what time are people collecting their results at?My school never told us and I want to get them asap that day!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Goin out and doing an all nighter, go to the school at whatever time and get me results absolutely mortal :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I was thinking of just sleeping it out if I can and then going to the school, but realistically I'll want to see most of my exams out of curiosity (and hopefully nothing more :L) and I'll need to hand in that slip thingy to do it. So 9am, but I don't know if I'll open them in the school, don't want everyone being nosy. :pac:

Going to Skrillex that night with some friends, should be great craic. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I'm doing an all-nighter the night before, (did one last night, been up 33 hours and i'm grand :P).

Going to head in for 9 when they're first available in my School. There'll be a great nervous buzz with me and my friends and classmates, wouldn't miss it for the world!

Heading to a Hotel and Spa (adventurous I know :P) at around 4.30 that day, heading out the Saturday and Sunday with my friends and then, CAO offers are the Monday!

:D Should be quite the good time! Think i'll be alright for my first choice granted nothing went completely pear-shaped, and I don't think it did! Want to do Law and it's more than likely not going to rise much this year. Once I get the 460 for my Course, anything over is a bonus for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

absolutely getting fukced :) unless it goes horribly wrong and ill just go home and cry a couple of days :L

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Geo10

I'm probably not going to get much sleep (if any) the night before but I'll be going into school as early as possible!! Like Patchy I'm going to view my scripts out of curiosity so I'll apply for that! Again I also hope curiosity is the only reason I have to look at them!
    I'm not too worried about getting my points but there's certain subjects I'm extremely nervous about how I do in them!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Lavidabonita

OOOh love the idea of hotel and spa :O I'll probably just end up in town though :( Sounds like they'll be available at 9 in my school too so :O

Yeah I'm not as nervous about the points, I'm just really afraid I won't pass maths!I've never failed it (ordinary level) but on the day of paper 2 I was a mess!

I don't know where I'll open them, I don't think I could wait, I think I'll probably rip the envelope open straight away!The atmosphere in school is going to be soooo weird... Ugh I just want to know NOW !I don't want to wait 3 weeks :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

I remember last year for the results, I stayed up all night and went in at like 11am... I actually did nothing for that day, besides went out for dinner with my mates. Next day was my 18th, so that was celebrating the exams and my birthday that night. It was absolutely unreal!

This year, probably will stay up all night again and like go out for the results night. I don't know whether I'll go into the school for the results... None of my mates are, working on persuading them. ;P Tbh I didn't find results day/night amazing, no big deal, I'm only living for the session I'll have the few days after for my birthday! ;D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Not sure what I'll do! I know I'll want them straight away, but I'm thinking of sleeping in until maybe 10 and then going in for 11 or so. Don't want to open them in front of people, but I don't want to go in too late either. I also want to view all of my scripts regardless, so I'll need to send off for that. My biggest worry is that I'll fail maths. Not even just because I wouldn't get into college, but my maths teacher will be there for the results and I'm afraid I'd end up shouting at her :o

Not sure if I'll be going out either. I'm not really a big fan of going out, and I definitely wouldn't want to if I didn't do particularly well. Might just go for a few drinks with my boyfriend or something like that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

I won't be able to get to the school until after 12 probably, so hopefully there won't be many around. Don't know if I'll open them at school or at home. If I don't get what I want I'll definitely stay in, if I do well I'll probably go to the pub for a few pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭NinjaDucks

Argh, I have a feeling I'll just cry my way through the day :L
    I imagine I'll collect them around ten...ish. (ie. whenever I manage to drag myself outta bed and prep myself for 'em.) After that, I'll probably just go home and weep; maybe have pizza and drown my sorrows in watching Buffy and drinking Cherry Coke. S:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

I'm feeling ill and more ill every time I read a post. I don't even know for what. I know I have my course. I just feel horrific thinking about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'm gonna be here all night, then at my front door waiting for the post man. I may go out searching for him. I'm not doing anything that night, except maybe going cinema with some friends, it'd be too messy in town that night. I'm gonna go out on the Thursday instead.

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    I'm gonna be here all night, then at my front door waiting for the post man. I may go out searching for him. I'm not doing anything that night, except maybe going cinema with some friends, it'd be too messy in town that night. I'm gonna go out on the Thursday instead.

Postman? LOLWATDAFUQ?

Postman? LOLWATDAFUQ?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 whatsec

I have my whole day planned, going out to the pub the night before in the hopes that it will make me sleep the night, I want to sleep in as late as possible (probably won't last past 9.30) and then go into school as soon as I get up. I wanna go as soon as I wake up regardless so I'm hoping its not earlier than 9.30 (I don't wanna be waiting around but also don't wanna be there at 9 when it'll be packed!)

Then I'm off to the local pub for a cheese sandwich to either celebrate or commiserate.
    If I'm celebrating I'll go out, Club 92 hopefully if people end up choosing to go there.

Otherwise, I'm just hoping the midweek movie is a good one

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭NSNO

I hated my results night, club (the Venue in Swords) - was absolutely rammed to the rafters. Apparently nearly every club in town was similar.

Advice: throw a house party with your mates and enjoy yourselves. Save yourself the hassle/expense!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

ChemHickey wrote: »
    Postman? LOLWATDAFUQ?

#ExternalCandidateWoes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I'm not sure where I'll be going results night , I know it'll be somewhere in town.
    Last year I went somewhere crap , I didn't really want to celebrate tbh. It was quite packed in town too.

I'll probably go up to the school at 9.30/10ish all you'll be doing is standing around waiting and I live close. I really hope my instincts are right and my results will be great.

#ExternalCandidateWoes

Oh wow.... UGHHHH I feel sick for you.... :(

I'm anxious because I won't be at home the night before ( hehe, well, for round 18 nights before) and I feel I won't be able to sleep, and when I can't sleep I get frustrated, and when I get frustrated I get cranky, and when I get cranky, I just start to blame myself for not sleeping and almost begin to cry... and crying in a dorm of male pubescent adolescents is not a good thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Lavidabonita

I would actually prefer not to go into town but absolutely NONE of my friends would do anything else -.- Maybe the midweek movie on my own might be a plan!

• Advertisement

NinjaDucks wrote: »
    Argh, I have a feeling I'll just cry my way through the day :L
    I imagine I'll collect them around ten...ish. (ie. whenever I manage to drag myself outta bed and prep myself for 'em.) After that, I'll probably just go home and weep; maybe have pizza and drown my sorrows in watching Buffy and drinking Cherry Coke. S:

Oh my god do they still sell cherry coke?:eek:
    That is like my favourite drink ever and I only ever had it twice because I can never find it anywhere! Where do you buy it? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭skanger

Geo10 wrote: »
    That is like my favourite drink ever and I only ever had it twice because I can never find it anywhere! Where do you buy it? :)

if your town has any chinese newsagents like mine then you'll find it there

I'm bloody tripping over Cherry Coke at this stage (and Cherry Vanilla, imagine, omg ew) but I can never find Vanilla Coke for less than 1.30 a can. Woe. :(

New addition to my results plan: If I do well I'll buy myself a crate of it from the one shop that sells it :D:D:D

I'm not the only person who loves it?! :eek: Wow. Haha, sorry, just everyone I know turns their noses up at it. Umm, one Polish shop in my town used to sell bottles of it, but not anymore. (I usually just beg my friend to bring me home a little bottle from Poland haha.) But! I discovered a shop in Galway, a sweetshop off Main Street, Candyland, I think it's called, and they have cans of it (: I ended up buying a twelve pack before the leaving to keep me somewhat happy. I know they sell big bottles of it up in Enniskillen in Aldi, I think it is. G'luck with sourcing it (:

Thanks! It's times like this that I wish I lived in a city! We have no Chinese newsagents but we have a Polish one I've never been in before! So I'll check there but I doubt they have it :(
    The last place I saw cherry coke being sold was a shop called "Superdrug" in Dublin I think... or was it Cork??? It was years ago, I can't remember! I just remember the shop's name!
    I might get the train to Galway to buy crates of it in Candyland! :D That'd cheer me up if my LC results don't go so well!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

of course they all have lovely bottoms

Thanks! It's times like this that I wish I lived in a city! We have no Chinese newsagents but we have a Polish one I've never been in before! So I'll check there but I doubt they have it :(
    The last place I saw cherry coke being sold was a shop called "Superdrug" in Dublin I think... or was it Cork??? It was years ago, I can't remember! I just remember the shop's name!
    I might get the train to Galway to buy crates of it in Candyland! :D That'd cheer me up if my LC results don't go so well!
    not sure which county you're in but in dublin right across from connolly station there's a shop that sells cans of it - so it wouldnt be hard to find if thats handier for you. :P
    areyawell wrote: »
    of course they all have lovely bottoms
    o_O

or you could order some online and have 'em delivered -> candyland.ie :D Mmm, our Polish one had them in two or three times before stopping for no apparent reason. Wish they sold it properly here instead of us having to search around ): It seriously would cheer ya up to have some waiting for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 J.new

Christ :/ We're getting to this stage!

• Advertisement

Patchy~ wrote: »
    not sure which county you're in but in dublin right across from connolly station there's a shop that sells cans of it - so it wouldnt be hard to find if thats handier for you. :P

I'm in Laois so Dublin would be handier! I go to Dublin sometimes with my family/ friends so I might pick up some then! I sound like a druggie looking for his fix but that drink is just.... words can't describe! :D

Coke Vanilla was nice too, kinda tasted like coke with ice cream! Speaking of which I haven't had an ice cream soda since I was like 10!

Advertisement