Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results Day

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Geo10

NinjaDucks wrote: »
    Geo10 wrote: »
    Thanks! It's times like this that I wish I lived in a city! We have no Chinese newsagents but we have a Polish one I've never been in before! So I'll check there but I doubt they have it :(
    The last place I saw cherry coke being sold was a shop called "Superdrug" in Dublin I think... or was it Cork??? It was years ago, I can't remember! I just remember the shop's name!
    I might get the train to Galway to buy crates of it in Candyland! :D That'd cheer me up if my LC results don't go so well!

or you could order some online and have 'em delivered -> candyland.ie :D Mmm, our Polish one had them in two or three times before stopping for no apparent reason. Wish they sold it properly here instead of us having to search around ): It seriously would cheer ya up to have some waiting for ya.

Ooh! Seriously? I might do that instead actually! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

i miss vanilla coke:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

areyawell wrote: »
    of course they all have lovely bottoms

Father Ted quotes, applicable to every situation!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I'm in Laois so Dublin would be handier! I go to Dublin sometimes with my family/ friends so I might pick up some then! I sound like a druggie looking for his fix but that drink is just.... words can't describe! :D

Coke Vanilla was nice too, kinda tasted like coke with ice cream! Speaking of which I haven't had an ice cream soda since I was like 10!
    I'm the same with Vanilla!! When I was in America this summer I drank it every single time I bought a drink...I did buy strawberry cream soda at one point, and Orangina, but not without a bottle of Vanilla Coke at the same time. I'm addicted. :o

If you know where Templebar is there's a shop called Candylab that sells American "candy", it has cherry coke, vanilla coke, and everything a guy could ever need. <3
    Sunny!! wrote: »
    i miss vanilla coke:(
    Same. So much. There needs to be a petition for it to be brought back. ;_;

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

Patchy~ wrote: »
    I'm the same with Vanilla!! When I was in America this summer I drank it every single time I bought a drink...I did buy strawberry cream soda at one point, and Orangina, but not without a bottle of Vanilla Coke at the same time. I'm addicted. :o

If you know where Templebar is there's a shop called Candylab that sells American "candy", it has cherry coke, vanilla coke, and everything a guy could ever need. <3

Same. So much. There needs to be a petition for it to be brought back. ;_;

i remember the last time i drank it 2005 memories:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Aaagh this thread is making me nervous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I'll probably come into school about an hour after they open.
    I honestly don't want anybody in my face asking how I got on so they can tell me they did better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Not like anyone will have done better. :pac:

20 days! :D

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Not like anyone will have done better. :pac:

20 days! :D

Ah my school, there's a few:rolleyes:
    Though I think by the end of the year everyone had copped what a lazy fúcker I was, teachers and students alike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Is it kinda like JC results with everyone opening them around the same time or...?

I honestly don't want to hang around telling everyone, especially if I'm disappointed...which I probably will be.

• Advertisement

Namlub wrote: »
    Is it kinda like JC results with everyone opening them around the same time or...?

I honestly don't want to hang around telling everyone, especially if I'm disappointed...which I probably will be.

No sure its during summer this time, usually you'll have a few hours to come in and collect.
    Easier if u come in a little later to avoid the crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Mr Magners

I'm in Laois so Dublin would be handier! I go to Dublin sometimes with my family/ friends so I might pick up some then! I sound like a druggie looking for his fix but that drink is just.... words can't describe! :D

Coke Vanilla was nice too, kinda tasted like coke with ice cream! Speaking of which I haven't had an ice cream soda since I was like 10!

Deals Supermarkey in the Tesco shopping centre in Portlaoise sell Cherry Coke. I saw it there on Monday so its definitely there.

They had loads of it. Enjoy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

I just said I'd check the forum to see I wasn't the only one nervous about the results! Have my accomodation sorted but a part of me feels I won't make the cut :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Geo10

Mr Magners wrote: »

Deals Supermarkey in the Tesco shopping centre in Portlaoise sell Cherry Coke. I saw it there on Monday so its definitely there.

They had loads of it. Enjoy!!

Really? :eek: I was in there a good few times and I never saw it! Thank you! I'm going to go there and get some soon now!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

They've loads of bottles of Coke Cherry in Superdrug's in Dublin, might be the same in other Superdrug shops ;P
    Never liked it though, nor vanilla... The coke with the lemon/lime was the way forward ;D

Does anybody else NOT plan on going out on results night?
    I enjoy clubbing, but I really couldn't be arsed paying a premium to go out on results night just to go to a packed out club when I won't even feel like "celebrating" anyway.
    Honestly I don't need a piece of paper to tell me I have permission to celebrate, I'm sure everyone has a rough idea of what they got anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Eathrin wrote: »
    I enjoy clubbing, but I really couldn't be arsed paying a premium to go out on results night just to go to a packed out club when I won't even feel like "celebrating" anyway.
    Honestly I don't need a piece of paper to tell me I have permission to celebrate, I'm sure everyone has a rough idea of what they got anyway.

Totally agree about the clubbing part! It's way too packed on results night every year!

On your other point, I have to say, I haven't the foggiest how I did! :pac:

On your other point, I have to say, I haven't the foggiest how I did! :pac:

Well I'd never really given it much thought to be perfectly honest!!!
    I'm just trying now to recall how I think I did in my exams and I think I'd be correct in saying I got 555±10 points exc. +25 points for Maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Diamondsandrose

Ah but I see it really as one of the last big nights out/gatherings before so many people go there separate ways and you never see them again! Sure it may be over priced but I think it's worth it purely for the banter, and I can't help but think there'll be a very nostalgic atmosphere. Everyone can look at each other after 13/14 years of schooling and say f uck yeah, we made it.

Results night will be epic. :cool:

Ah but I see it really as one of the last big nights out/gatherings before so many people go there separate ways and you never see them again! Sure it may be over priced but I think it's worth it purely for the banter, and I can't help but think there'll be a very nostalgic atmosphere. Everyone can look at each other after 13/14 years of schooling and say f uck yeah, we made it.

You make it sound like hot chocolate around a fire, it'll be a big drunken messy rave.

And no offence to you, but the attitude that "we made it" is just wrong. School is a part of life. It doesn't aim to kill you, but nurture you. It should have been a positive experience, not something we escaped from. You will appreciate your school days later down the road of life and I can guarantee you then you won't be saying "I made it".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

^^That's what grad night/debs/whatever ye call it is for.

You make it sound like hot chocolate around a fire, it'll be a big drunken messy rave.

And no offence to you, but the attitude that "we made it" is just wrong. School is a part of life. It doesn't aim to kill you, but nurture you. It should have been a positive experience, not something we escaped from. You will appreciate your school days later down the road of life and I can guarantee you then you won't be saying "I made it".

Buzz killington alert. It's called having a laugh, and yes everyone will be drunk, makes it even funner. Well in fairness nobody really wants to do the whole ordeal of the LC, the stress, the workload and the control over you from teachers etc. School's no walk in the park, there is definitely a sense of relief as now you can do whatever the f uck you wanna do. Results night will be a huge celebration. Oh and my debs is on before results night so it really is the last time we'll be together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

there is definitely a sense of relief as now you can do whatever the f uck you wanna do.

Hate to be the "Buzz Killington" here, but I think you're going to be in for a shock.

Cruel Sun wrote: »
    Hate to be the "Buzz Killington" here, but I think you're going to be in for a shock.

Nah gonna have a great night with my friends, graduation night was so so so good, results night will be as good if not better :)

I agree. Maybe you were told otherwise Diamonds but you're going to have to put work into college too if you put work into your Leaving Cert.
    That said, these next few could be some majorly enjoyable years, but there's no way that you can do what you like. You still have obligations.
    And the work doesn't stop till retirement.
    I'm not saying there's no reason to be happy about it, but don't be delusional either!

Nah gonna have a great night with my friends, graduation night was so so so good, results night will be as good if not better :)

And don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge you that.

How so? We CAN pretty much do what we want. A lot of us are going to be moving out so there isn't really going to be anyone telling us what to do. What's your point?

I agree. Maybe you were told otherwise Diamonds but you're going to have to put work into college too if you put work into your Leaving Cert.
    That said, these next few could be some majorly enjoyable years, but there's no way that you can do what you like. You still have obligations.
    And the work doesn't stop till retirement.
    I'm not saying there's no reason to be happy about it, but don't be delusional either!

And don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge you that.

Oh I'm aware of that but having the leaving done is still a huge life hurdle that I'm pretty sure I'm entitled to celebrate! :p And in reality, I can do whatever I want, I can take my life savings, fly to france tomorrow and set up my own candle business if I want. The world is much wider now, there's so much choice. College is just one popular choice many people make.

Tbh I just disagree with all the negativity surrounding the results day/night. If I do well I am gonna go out and have a great night. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

finality wrote: »
    How so? We CAN pretty much do what we want. A lot of us are going to be moving out so there isn't really going to be anyone telling us what to do. What's your point?

I just don't think that saying "we can do whatever the f uck we want" is true. I'm not trying to be smart or condescending, I'm just being realistic. In college we're going to have assignments etc.. and just like secondary school there's still going to be rules and obligations.

I'm not saying he's not entitled to celebrate, not at all.

I just don't think that saying "we can do whatever the f uck we want" is true. I'm not trying to be smart or condescending, I'm just being realistic. In college we're going to have assignments etc.. and just like secondary school there's still going to be rules and obligations.

This has gone very off topic! :p

• Advertisement

Well of course we will have responsibilities, but the point is that the responsibilities will be entirely our own for the first time. We are going to have freedom that most of us haven't experienced before, and it's up to us to decide what to do with it.

Advertisement