Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results Day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I dropped to ordinary Envelopes on the day... :(

You'll need a calculator Texan :) And a table with points on it, if you don't know what each grade is worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭RedTexan

Patchy~ wrote: »
    You'll need a calculator Texan :) And a table with points on it, if you don't know what each grade is worth.

Know for a fact there will be a frantic rush for the one lad that remembers a calculator tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭bdoo

RedTexan wrote: »
    Just wondering, are the points calculated on the sheet we get or do I need a calculator? :)

Grades only, you'll have to do the maths!

Know for a fact there will be a frantic rush for the one lad that remembers a calculator tomorrow
    If you have an iTouch/iPhone/Android there's an app for calculating LC points, got my friend to get it on her iTouch for me, looks handy! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Killian In The Name Of

I'm really hoping none of my teachers will be there! Except maybe my French teacher. Even if I failed, she'd have a great sense of humour about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

I'm really hoping none of my teachers will be there! Except maybe my French teacher. Even if I failed, she'd have a great sense of humour about it!

Ugh, I know exactly which teachers are gonna be there ..forgot about that. :/

Can't wait for the news tomorrow with the annual disparaging of males with the 'superior performance' of our female counterparts and the tumbling grades in science subjects, they have this stuff written with months!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Eathrin wrote: »
    Seems unfair that you're a repeater with all this insider knowledge:pac:

Lolz. :')

Speaking of insider knowledge, I need to remember to not get my hopes up in the slightest when the teacher handing me the envelope says 'well done'. :L

Can't wait for the news tomorrow with the annual disparaging of males with the 'superior performance' of our female counterparts and the tumbling grades in science subjects, they have this stuff written with months!
    I'm dying to see what maths grades will be like and what people think of it!

• Advertisement

They'll surely have to give A1's all round to justify the delirium this new paper caused!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I dropped to ordinary Envelopes on the day... :(

I heard it was a tricky paper;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

i suddenly dont want the results:pac:

I studied the wrong saliva and I didn't learn the stamp that came up :eek::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

It was, question 3 was particularly hard- "What is an envelope?".

I understand the SEC have to make them unpredictable to prevent rote learning but that.....sure.....it wasn't even covered in the textbook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Cruel Sun wrote: »
    It was, question 3 was particularly hard- "What is an envelope?".

I understand the SEC have to make them unpredictable to prevent rote learning but that.....sure.....it wasn't even covered in the textbook.

We learned about that on our field trip to the Post Office.
    Were you absent that day?

"What is physics?"

It's a warm, summer evening in Ancient Greece... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

''What is Biology?''
    More like wtf was with the Biology. That exam still gives me the craps...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

TheComeUp wrote: »
    ''What is Biology?''
    More like wtf was with the Biology. That exam still gives me the craps...

I never even studied Biology, I didn't even have a Biology copy, every answer I gave on that test was a complete guess. I'm optimistic about my results(except Biology, that **** bored the hell out of me).

So in my school we line up outside the TY room and go in a few at a time to get them.

I'm finding it a little ironic that my last/penultimate time in the school will end in the TY room, yet I didn't do TY. :P

Going to run to the GP Area right away. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭crazy cabbage

wow. i haven't been in this tread since this time last year

Good luck everyone. Hope ye all get what ye want and if ye dont it isn't the end of the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

So I'm guessing results are comeing out tomorrow, as there seems to be way too many people online on leaving cert forum :D

any repeats here? how do ye feel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Sunny!! wrote: »
    any repeats here? how do ye feel?

Me! I'm just not thinking about it, haven't been thinking about it all week, it's great. :D But I do get slightly freaked out every time I go onto this forum. :o I just hope I don't feel like crap after getting the results. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

"What is physics?"

Respect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

I repeated.. I feel a lot more nervous this time around. Maybe it's because I actually worked this year, and last year things were going on that the results were the very last thing on my mind. :)
    But anyways nervous yeah. xD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

"What is physics?"

I remember playing the Big Bang Theory theme song before going into the Physics exam :')

worst thing about repeating is your comparing :L if i went down or remained the same i'd be gutted. I put the work in though this year!

subz3r0 wrote: »
    I remember playing the Big Bang Theory theme song before going into the Physics exam :')
    "We built a wall...FCUK WHAT DID WE BUILD NEXT?! :(" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

"We built a wall...FCUK WHAT DID WE BUILD NEXT?! :(" :D
    We built the pyramids :P

Advertisement