Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results Day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

oh no, I'd forgotten how horrible it was going to be to see my maths result :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Geo10

RESULTS TODAY! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Geo10 wrote: »

Oh God.

Hit the pub for pints anyone?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Geo10 wrote: »

Someone finally beat Patchy to it! :P :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

Best of luck to you all tomorrow. Don't stress yourselves out too much, I remember when my best friend opened her results, had an absolute freak out because she thought she did bad, she screamed at the principal and everything. I actually wanted to burst out laughing cause it was really funny. She ended up in the course she wanted & has just finished her degree.

There are loads of options and backdoors if things don't work out as you hope. The LC is made out to be the be all & end all, but all that's really important is you focus on getting where you want to be & doing what will make you happy. & people sometimes change their mind in college, or don't get their first choice and it's the best thing that ever happened to them. There are so many options for improving yourself and educating yourself. Just focus on your goal & do what you need to get there.

I really hope it goes well!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 MOR66

i was told they would be posted to my house a copy . . . are you able to log into your page on examinations ie now, prior to the results being uploaded?? thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

MOR66 wrote: »
    i was told they would be posted to my house a copy . . . are you able to log into your page on examinations ie now, prior to the results being uploaded?? thanks in advance :)

Why don't you check yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭CaoimheCweeva

MOR66 wrote: »

I don't think you're able to sign on until 12

I don't think you're able to sign on until 12

It's nearly quarter past twelve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 MOR66

i have checked! unfortunately cannot see anything suggesting it. thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

The only reference point I have is JC results day, when I was pretty disappointed with my results despite the fact that a) I barely studied and b) they meant nothing, and because of that I'm kind of dreading it despite the fact the situation is totally different.
    And the problem is that even in subjects like Irish and history where I was never going for an A1, and didn't do an A1 standard paper, there's this tiny, irrational part of me that expects to open the envelope and see those results, and so I'm going to be disappointed no matter how happy the other, rational 99.999% of me feels.
    So yeah, angsty.

Why don't you check yourself?

Well you're a barrel of laughs tonight...

It's nearly quarter past twelve

12 noon .. when they come out online?

12 noon .. when they come out online?

You should have specified.

Also, are you asking me when they come out online or are you one of those people who ends regular sentences with a question mark for no apparent reason?

The people who only need about 350 are so lucky .. the course I want to do isn't even necessarily high, I know people who need close to 500 points, and others who just WANT 500 points, which is ridiculous .. as long as I get my first choice, I'll be delighted! And here I am worrying my ass off that I won't get 400 points :/

You should have specified.

I thought it was pretty obvious really.

Namlub wrote: »
    Well you're a barrel of laughs tonight...

Thank you :)

I thought it was pretty obvious really.

You can't expect people to have the exact same train of thought as yourself. The whole fcuking world doesn't revolve around you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

You can't expect people to have the exact same train of thought as yourself. The whole fcuking world doesn't revolve around you

Well aren't you just delightful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭ivanh

Tried sleeping, didn't work. Gonna be a long night :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Think everyone understood except you tbh.

Cruel Sun wrote: »
    Well aren't you just delightful!

That should be: "Well, aren't you just delightful?"

The answer is yes.

Not going in until 10, fuq da law and the po-lice

Ugh I'm so restless and alert from work

We're all pretty stressed out over this, but you don't see anyone else acting like a complete douche, especially to a complete stranger. Maybe a couple of Xanax will help chill you the fcuk out.

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Think everyone understood except you tbh.

Yes, and?

Go to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Yes, and?

Is being extremely argumentative cool in your mind or something,because you're annoying the fcuk out of everyone inside here!

We're all pretty stressed out over this, but you don't see anyone else acting like a complete douche, especially to a complete stranger. Maybe a couple of Xanax will help chill you the fcuk out.

No, I'm not allowed to take Xanax. In addition, what did I do to deserve such a vain and heinous insult?

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Is being extremely argumentative cool in your mind or something,because you're annoying the fcuk out of everyone inside here!

"Is being extremely argumentative cool in your mind or something? Because you're annoying the fcuk out of everyone inside here!"

FYP. If that is your level of English grammar, I despair to think of what your English result will be today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 kt_rox

Jeez guys chillax... ye're all making a mountain out of a molehill :pac:

Advertisement