Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results Day

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭ivanh

150 perfect leaving certs :o

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

LoYL wrote: »
    Check out Irish Times on the net. Trends in results nationally are there already.

The higher level maths stats are surprising, only about 2% failing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭F9Devil

LoYL wrote: »
    Check out Irish Times on the net. Trends in results nationally are there already.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/frontpage/2012/0815/1224322199417.html

For anyone that's lazy

• Registered Users Posts: 31 SD021

From Irish Times:

"Applied maths students saw a huge A rate in their subject with almost 28 per cent of higher level students getting the top grade."

Makes me happy :D Might go to sleep on that note now :L

Darius.Tr wrote: »
    I doubt that anyone who is paying 50 euro per year , is doing this for these "pointless features". They are just supporting the team that works on boards.ie

I didn't say they were doing it for the pointless features, just that they receive mostly pointless features

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭K_1

'Major change to marking scheme in one of paper 2's 75 mark q's''. FML, that was my best question (Q8).

(maths HL)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭CaoimheCweeva

"Significant increase in points .. especially for science etc .. only 71 percent got A, B or C in Biology .." FUUUUUUUUUU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Those articles have actually really reassured me!

leaveiton wrote: »
    Those articles have actually really reassured me!

Opposite for me

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Louisa2

I'm sitting here doing a night shift and I have a few minutes to myself so I said I'd come here and say a little something to all of you LCs.
    It's exactly 6 years ago now that I sat up all night waiting for LC results. I went into my school the next morning and took one look at the sheet of paper and was terribly upset. Friends laughed about my upset as I had scored higher than all of them but this wasn't enough to get me my course.
    I took the decision to repeat in my old school and give the dream job once last chance. My friends were hardly supportive, all made fun of me for my lack of progression. The next August, exactly a year after my 1st results day I had to endure another sleepless night but the following morning was like a dream. I secured all the points I wanted and more and am now in my dream course in my dream college.
    I will be going into my final year of college this year. I'm going to miss it so much when it's over. I made amazing friends, met a boyfriend on the second day in my course and we're still together. Most of my friends have graduated for a year or two, some even dropped out. Most of them have emigrated or are out of work. The people who scoffed at me for taking one last plunge with the LC are now eating their words as I will have a job the minute I get out of college.
    What I want to say is, tomorrow is not the moment that defines your life and the kind of person you are. I have been the one that was dejected on results day. It is the attitude that you have surrounding however tomorrow pans out that will make you! If things go badly please do not think it's the end of the world. The minute I stepped into college talk of the LC stopped and everybody focussed on the future. If tomorrow goes badly explore your other options. Repeating may not be the answer for everybody but if you really, genuinely feel like you, for whatever reason, didn't give it your all the first time then going back is an option.
    I know a lot of you are going to roll your eyes at this and say oh it's easy for her to say this, I know I would have, but the day I got my first results I felt like repeating WAS the end of the world. It was practically a taboo subject in my school. I want you all to know that you can have the happiest of endings even if what's in that envelope tomorrow isn't what's you'd expected.

Good luck everyone. At this time of year, especially after doing the LC twice, I always think of people receiving their results. I've been at both ends of the Leaving Cert Results spectrum and I just want everyone to know that life will still go on and great things will still happen if you're not happy tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

SD021 wrote: »
    From Irish Times:

"Applied maths students saw a huge A rate in their subject with almost 28 per cent of higher level students getting the top grade."

Makes me happy :D Might go to sleep on that note now :L

Makes it harder to take now that I completely fluffed that exam.
    I always imagined I'd get an A1, but it wasn't to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

K_1 wrote: »
    'Major change to marking scheme in one of paper 2's 75 mark q's''. FML, that was my best question (Q8).

Subject?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

no mention of geography in the article!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Geo10

It's weird. Whenever I think about the LC results I'm ok, thinking that I shouldn't get too stressed over them BUT when I think of an individual subject and what I might have gotten in that my stomach turns! I feel sick and really nervous for example when I think "I wonder what I got in geography" etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Dylanj123

To take our minds off it..Does anyone have fifa12 for the xbox?

Geo10 wrote: »
    It's weird. Whenever I think about the LC results I'm ok, thinking that I shouldn't get too stressed over them BUT when I think of an individual subject and what I might have gotten in that my stomach turns! I feel sick and really nervous for example when I think "I wonder what I got in geography" etc.

Yeah, I'm the same. The results as a whole aren't worrying me but individual subjects are

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Sunny!! wrote: »
    no mention of geography in the article!

There was in one of them type in "leaving cert" on the Irish Times website there is several articles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

padocon wrote: »
    There was in one of them type in "leaving cert" on the Irish Times website there is several articles.

you wouldnt have a link or remember what they said i cant find it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Best of luck in the morning, folks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 abbeymate

Would just like to say good luck to everyone with their results tomorrow, especially those of us on boards who have kept me entertained through the ups and downs of the LC! As an avid follower of most posts leaving cert related, ye must appreciate the immense effort it took to actually sign in gor once, the lengths I go to for ye :-P
    BEST OF LUCK! :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Best of luck lads.

Don't worry if you don't get what you need, theres many ways to get there. Not the end of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭thisisadamh

Just up and now have a 30 min car ride to get to the school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Read all the statistics and stuff, so interesting. 17% A rate in HL Irish? Is that normal? :pac:
    83% ABC rate in HL Maths, 71~% ABC rate in business (uh oh :pac:), 14% A rate in HL French.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Where's this statistics rate yoke? :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Ooh read that, it would be the ones I didn't do higher level in :P
    still waiting on some sort of English statistic :O :D

Ahhhh same! Wonder how Pleaney skewed it! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭HeaneyBabe

About to leave, all in the luck in the world to everyone on boards who was with me on this while we should have been studying

I wouldn't have had it any other way. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

A simple message of reassurance.
    It's one year on and while things went my way, others I know had to repeat. There's no point lying really; today will have an effect on your life. However, that does not mean that good results = good or bad = bad. That you don't know. You'll just have to wait and see. Doing not as you expected can actually be a good chance to redeem yourself. Hastily made CAO decisions can affect your life in a much much bigger way than this can. A repeat year may be daunting but it doesn't have to be as much so. You can change school if you're sick of the one you're in.
    Anyway, good luck. Life begins today no matter how the results go.

(If drinking is your thing, then enjoy celebrating anyway. If it isn't enjoy doing what takes your fancy or just enjoying your downtime. Don't expect too much from tonight. It was crap for me but I had a really good night a few days later.)

:)

Advertisement