Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results Day

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

48 minute plus wait for me! Yaaay. :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I actually had a alright sleep my mum woke me up with the hoover . My results are out at 9 my friend just text me, I only just woke up. I'm still not going in until 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭BarnhallBull

A word of comfort for anyone whose results don't go the way they'd hoped today - I did the Leaving Cert twice, and just missed what I wanted on both occasions. I'm now about to start doing what I really wanted, I had great fun getting here, and i'm only 22.

I know it's easy to dismiss the importance of today out of hand, but just remember there's always another way to get where you want to go.

Go n-éirí libh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Leaving now, since it'll take me an hour to get there. :P

Good frickin' luck to everybody! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

I'm home from the gaeltacht for the day, have my results and am happy/sad (Better than the mocks, dissapointed in 2 subjects).Any thread for them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭mathstalk

Hopefully this aptly describes what most of you are feeling at the moment:

everything_went_better_than_expected.jpg

I'm just heading out now to get my results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

I guess I got what I deserved, and it could have been alot worse!;)

I think I'll be heading to UCD, so I might well see a few of y'all there.

To everyone here, thanks for all the laughs, the mock hints, the tomfoolery, that have really helped me to get through this last year in one piece.

Hope everyone got what they wanted! One day, we'll all look back at this and laugh...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

Ya I did fine but just hate how we've a week to wait now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

haha, pretty much exactly what I expected...apart from applied maths and Irish, I surprised myself there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

finality wrote: »
    haha, pretty much exactly what I expected...apart from applied maths and Irish, I surprised myself there!
    How'd you do? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Delighted with mine, got a nice bit above my course. Good luck everyone!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭CaoimheCweeva

Still haven't gone in yet, just prolonging the inevitable ... gah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Patchy~ wrote: »
    How'd you do? :D

I might be more specific later if other people are, I don't wanna be the first. :P Definitely not 625, but an improvement from my pres so I'm happy. Maybe a little disappointed with maths and English, but can't win em all. Have you got yours yet? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Ajireland95

Well i successfully ballsed that up completely. absolutely gutted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

finality wrote: »
    I might be more specific later if other people are, I don't wanna be the first. :P Definitely not 625, but an improvement from my pres so I'm happy. Maybe a little disappointed with maths and English, but can't win em all. Have you got yours yet? :)
    Check out the new results thread, I was the first! :P Wow, so close enough to 625 anyway, well done! :) Same with English haha, A2, but I can't complain. I was the first in my school, I think third to get results. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

I just can't believe my result.... Got 510! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SlyBacon93

480 so chuffed!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭NinjaDucks

I've to wait until after two :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭ivanh

Yay, 535 :)

Wont get Pharmacy but I'll definitely have my second choice, over a hundred points over :L

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

Fair play to ye all!
    And to those who aren't too happy, there's always other courses, options etc. Repeating isn't all that bad! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Well i successfully ballsed that up completely. absolutely gutted
    Not the end of the world! There's always other options to get you your dream course. Chin up :)
    In other news, Im delighted with what I got! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Geo10

600 points! :D Can't believe it.
    I got 7 A1s and 2 A2s!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭mathstalk

Geo10 wrote: »
    600 points! :D Can't believe it.
    I got 7 A1s and 2 A2s!

Seriously though, congratulations, you tank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭CaoimheCweeva

Never been so upset in my whole life .. missed out on my first choice by 10 points, but that was last years points, probably going up by quite a bit this year .. so gutted. I got a C3 in French, I thought I did so well in the oral and the paper was totally grand! I only didn't like the tape .. and got a D1 in Art, I don't think I should have gotten THAT low .. definitely getting a few re-checked. So upset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭BL1993

OVER THE MOON!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭EducationFinder

2mins

• Registered Users Posts: 14 blargh i cant pick a name

Got A1's in Maths, Applied Maths, Physics, DCG, Accounting and Chemistry, a C2 in Higher English and a C3 in Pass Irish.:D
    Completely Delighted, my hands were shaking for about two minutes afterwards, and i was in Shock for a good half hour.
    About 200 points more than I need for Science choice in UL, I just cant decide between two different courses, hopefully I will be able to quickly so I'm not playing catch up for too long.
    I wonder If I can get a scholarship? I Know the UL 40 ones are automatic and based on CAO scores, but i dont know how to apply to any others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭ivanh

Got A1's in Maths, Applied Maths, Physics, DCG, Accounting and Chemistry, a C2 in Higher English and a C3 in Pass Irish.:D
    Completely Delighted, my hands were shaking for about two minutes afterwards, and i was in Shock for a good half hour.
    About 200 points more than I nedd for Science choice in UL, I just cant decide between two different courses, hopefully I will be able to quickly so I'm not playing catch up for too long.
    I wonder If I can get a scholarship? I Know the UL 40 ones are automatic and based on CAO scores, but i dont know how to apply to any others.

So you got 625 and you want to do SCIENCE?? What a waste :L :L :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

ivanh wrote: »
    So you got 625 and you want to do SCIENCE?? What a waste :L :L :L

Yeah he should have gone for medicine and taken someone else's place in it just because he had enough points. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Actually can't understand how I got a C3 in English.. Gutted isn't the word. :/ it's not gonna affect my CAO yoke... But still. Been getting Bs all year.. Meh I'm very disappointed with that grade. :(

Advertisement