Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxigen - New waste collection for Dundalk

Options
  • 25-07-2012 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Can someone tell me what the new changes are to the Oxigen waste collection service in Dundalk and are they bringing in a pay by weight service?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Got a letter from them yesterday stating that from Aug 14th they will only be lifting the black bin every 2nd week along with brown bin and green bin the following week.

They are giving 7 bags too for extra waste till you get used to new system (of them doing half the job they are paid to do).

Also said that the pay by weight will be introduced in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 jmc19

Is the price dropping then?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jake The Fat Ma

jmc19 wrote: »
    Is the price dropping then?

HA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

No price drop, they are using the price of fuel and landfill costs to keep prices up.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

we did our own little dropping of our own and now bin share with someone else. Oxygen are a joke I complained about them collecting our bin at 11pm when kids are trying to sleep and was met with basically and Oh well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

peewee_44 wrote: »
    we did our own little dropping of our own and now bin share with someone else.

V&W are 2quid for recycling and E6 for black bins :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Antares wrote: »

Black Bags surely!

Black Bags surely!
    Wanna play spot the pedant?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Anywhere local sell gravity locks for wheelie bins?

Grow up!
    There's a world of difference between a Black Wheelie Bin (as we were discussing) and a black plastic bag (as you interjected). :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Anywhere local sell gravity locks for wheelie bins?

This may help:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=60019672

Grow up!
    There's a world of difference between a Black Wheelie Bin (as we were discussing) and a black plastic bag (as you interjected). :rolleyes:

I'd say my comment was understood despite my error. Asking you if you wanted to play spot the pedant was quite accurate in your response to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

Seen them the other morning chucking the black & green bins into the same truck

Advertisement