Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook Business page network

Options
  • 25-07-2012 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

I have set up a small network of like-minded business professionals on facebook with the purpose of supporting and promoting each others business thru word of mouth and recommendations using Facebook, Twitter, and any other forums or social media at our disposal.
    Members try to help and advise each other on any business or promotional issues, and actively try to 'get more business' for other members.

We try to keep the number of 'direct competitors' in the group to a minimum in order to maximise the promotion of each member, and its preferred if each member has at least a twitter account or is active on other fora .

We currently have 24 members and it is useful if a bit quiet at times and does not require too much time. I would like to add a few more members but still keep the group small and manageable.

We have an event manager, PR expert, Social Media expert, Baby Magazine editor, Advertising company, Customised Merchandising co, A few different Baby/family themed businesses including my own www.facebook.com/prints4gifts

Anyone here with an active Facebook Business page and think they could both benefit from and add to this group?
    Let me know if you're interested in joining....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭billybunty

I have set up a small network of like-minded business professionals on facebook with the purpose of supporting and promoting each others business thru word of mouth and recommendations using Facebook, Twitter, and any other forums or social media at our disposal.
    Members try to help and advise each other on any business or promotional issues, and actively try to 'get more business' for other members.

We try to keep the number of 'direct competitors' in the group to a minimum in order to maximise the promotion of each member, and its preferred if each member has at least a twitter account or is active on other fora .

We currently have 24 members and it is useful if a bit quiet at times and does not require too much time. I would like to add a few more members but still keep the group small and manageable.

We have an event manager, PR expert, Social Media expert, Baby Magazine editor, Advertising company, Customised Merchandising co, A few different Baby/family themed businesses including my own www.facebook.com/prints4gifts

Anyone here with an active Facebook Business page and think they could both benefit from and add to this group?
    Let me know if you're interested in joining....
    Hi, I would be. I have a web based business selling kids clothes age 0-7.
    Good idea. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I like the idea but don't use twitter, just Facebook, as with nearly 4,000 fans I am kept busy enough with Facebook without having to manage more forms of media. Can I ask why you have that rule in place, having at least a twitter account?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Acoshla wrote: »
    I like the idea but don't use twitter, just Facebook, as with nearly 4,000 fans I am kept busy enough with Facebook without having to manage more forms of media. Can I ask why you have that rule in place, having at least a twitter account?

Hi Acoshla, sorry if that is open to interpretation. You don't have to have a Twitter A/c but its preferable if you are active on more than just facebook. (All the members are very active already on FB and we are looking for people who are active in other areas too)

The reason I mentioned Twitter is that we have some very active tweeters on board including the person who started the #Irishbizparty on twitter, and most of us find that great for networking.

We can only add personal profiles to the group, then you can post links to your website, facebook page etc.

Feel free to PM any details and I'll add you if your business doesn't clash with existing members (This also applies to anyone else interested)
    or post on my FB wall saying you came via boards

Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Id be interested Billy. Im a photographer so that might be useful especuially for babies and young families. my business page is www.facebook.com/atlweddingphotography

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 bobbymoore1

Hi Kent

I would be interested in this. I have both Twitter and Facebook pages. I am not trading at present but my website will be up within the next week. Online football store.

Twitter is @getyourkitonnet
    Facebook is www.facebook.com/getyourkiton.net

Thanks
    Jonathan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭billybunty

Hi op. just wondering if you would get back to me on my earlier posting! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

In case anyone missed it in my previous post.
    We can only add personal profiles to the group, then you can post links to your website, facebook page etc.

Feel free to PM any details and I'll add you if your business doesn't clash with existing members (This also applies to anyone else interested)
    or post on my FB wall saying you came via boards

Thanks

https://www.facebook.com/niall.printsfourgifts?ref=tn_tnmn is my profile page (Admin of Sme group). I can only add personal profiles who are FB friends. If you send me a friend request I will accept and then add you to the group. You can unfriend then if you prefer to keep your personal profile private.

Advertisement