Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of a survey for a 30 year old house?

Options
  • 25-07-2012 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

We have just bid on an older two storey house and it has been accepted subject to survey. I was wondering if anyone could give me a guideline price for surveys? We are first timers and have no experience with engineers etc, are there any questions we should ask? Any advice appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I think a survey is 500 euro approx, ask is there any leaks,
    loose ,broken roof tiles,bricks that may need repointing,.
    A Survey should point out any faults ,problems anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

I just got a quote for a survey this morning, it was 360 including tax. cant offer any more advice, this is my first time buying a house too!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭seamusmacc

I hired a surveyor last month and I have to say he done a pretty good job. He is based in Dublin and charged me €400 (vat included) but I think its totally worth it. PM me if you need his details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭easterbride

Thanks for the replies ~ I got one quote for 360e not including VAT. Thanks for the offer OP but I am in the West.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

I had a survey done last month in Dublin 14 - 3 bed semi-detached, 2 storey house. 93 meters squared

Cost was €275

From what I gather price is based on size of house, and probably age if very old.
    Good luck!

• Advertisement
Advertisement