Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

superdry windcheater NOT WATERPROOF

• 25-07-2012 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

a
    about two weeks ago i bought a superdry windcheater jacket in arnotts for 100 euros. Then on holiday in kilkee i noticed a wet sensation in a line across the upper back. It turned out to be a horizontal leak along the stitching. I looked up superdry and their website on the net and noticed that superdry said nothing about the level of water resistance on the site that i could see (unless it's in japanese that is! as japanese characters are stitched into the front and back of the jacket). When i brought it back to arnotts i had photos of where the water leaked through along the stitching line. While i was explaining to the assistant that i was returning a defective jacket on the basis that it leaked along the stitching he immediately explained that the jacket was NOT WATERPROOF. When i explained that it was the stitching that was faulty he said he'd get the manager. When she arrived she immediately said that the jacket was NOT WATERPROOF as it was a 'fashion' item. I said it looked to be faulty along the stitch line (as per the photos which she perused) and that whether it was waterproof or not was irrelevant and that therefore i did not want the jacket. When i said i did not want the jacket she gave me a refund and that was it. When i held the jacket up to light i could see a lot of light coming through the stitching which is possibly the reason they say the jacket is not waterproof or even water resistant so for all those thinking of superdry remember it's a 'fashion' item with three zips but it's NOT WATERPROOF

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭toddunctious

My jacket is the same, any heavy rain and my shoulders feel the dampness. I've had mine a while though had to get an umbrella. I will replace it for the winter since its very light too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Did it claim to be waterproof?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

LOL. Sorry if this isn't helpful, but you'd think with a name like superdry that they would have some element of functionality, but obviously not. You could probably argue that the name is somewhat misleading, but yeah if it doesn't claim to be waterproof then I suppose you haven't got a leg to stand on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

OP you bought a WINDCHEATER, the clue is in the name, its designed to block wind, it's not meant to be waterproof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,667 ✭✭✭✭ted1

As above, you should have brought a rain jacket. Sun cream doesn't keep you dry either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 dfpk

and i thought the clue was in superdry, oh dear, silly me

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dfpk

and i thought dry keeps out the rain like sun cream keeps out the sun; it was labeled a superdry jacket not a super rain jacket i'm soooo silly me so i am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Elysian

dfpk wrote: »
    and i thought dry keeps out the rain like sun cream keeps out the sun; it was labeled a superdry jacket not a super rain jacket i'm soooo silly me so i am

Superdry is a clothing label, they make jackets, knitwear, hoodies, chinos etc. Expecting Superdry clothing to be waterproof is like expecting a pair of Diesel jeans to be able to fuel your car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Elysian wrote: »
    Expecting Superdry clothing to be waterproof is like expecting a pair of Diesel jeans to be able to fuel your car.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

dfpk wrote: »
    and i thought the clue was in superdry, oh dear, silly me

are you taking the pi55? :confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

My wind-cheater blew away once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

that superdry stuff is way over priced anyway,they are having a laugh charging that much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Ah Superdry, the company founded by a former market stall clothes seller in an industrial estate in Cheltenham. They've done a good job of fooling people into believing they're Japanese, I'll give them that.

As for mystery of the Superdry name, I'd say it's less to do with claims of waterproofing ability and more to do with someone seeing a sign for the beer Asahi Super Dry while on a trip to Japan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

Elysian wrote: »
    Superdry is a clothing label, they make jackets, knitwear, hoodies, chinos etc. Expecting Superdry clothing to be waterproof is like expecting a pair of Diesel jeans to be able to fuel your car.

This...lol, Superdry is a clothes brand based in a shipping container in England. It's a t-shirt brand, they don't make hi-tech sports gear. OP get a ski jacket or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

I bought a columbia coat - claimed to be wind and waterproof.

I went to Dorset with college to do field work and got drenched!! My phone was in an inner pocket and got zapped!

:mad: I don't think any coat can be fully waterproof!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

I've had a few North face jackets and the water just beads off them like a freshly washed and waxed car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

They've done a good job of fooling people into believing they're Japanese, I'll give them that.

They're about as Japanese as a scanger's tattoo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

CyberJuice wrote: »
    that superdry stuff is way over priced anyway,they are having a laugh charging that much

I got a Ben Sherman jacket in Debenhams in Belfast 2 years ago. Knocked down to €40. Best jacket I've ever had. Shíts all over that Superdry nonsense.

The only thing it doesn't have is a hood but that's what caps/hats are for.

Anyone who pays €100 for a 'fashion item' deserves to be ripped off.

Advertisement