Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

L200 Diff Lock.

Options
  • 25-07-2012 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Anyone know why a diff lock would not engage on a Mitsubishi L200.
    I've had it a few years now and never got down to finding out the problem.
    There,s a rocker switch to engage it when its in 4 wheel drive but the light on the switch just flashes and there is a low buzzing noise coming from the rear.
    Could it be something like a locking piston that has jammed or something like that?
    All suggestions welcome.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭JBokeh

I think it only engages when you're in low box 4wd. Have a peek underneath while you get somebody to press the switch and see where the noise is coming from,could be a pipe disconnected from the compressor that operates it

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Bull McCabe.

Thank for the reply JBokeh,
    It doesn't work in 4 low either. I,ve been stuck a few times in 4low where i could have done wit the diff locked. i'll press the button tomorrow and roll underneath for a look. I'll let ya know what i find.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

compressor could be broken.

You could join L200 Owners some great stuff to be found there.

Advertisement