Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ferguson Ariva 250

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Also, does everyone just leave theirs on all the time? Do you only switch it off at night etc?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 298 ✭✭Tony Soprano.

Thargor wrote: »
    Do you think Ill still get good signal on my 250 if I join another 25m of cable onto the 20m that's already on it if I relocate the dish? Currently 95%/95% signal quality and strenght.

Your 20m cable is probably the standard RG6 coax cable. Some would recommend you should use the higher quality WF100 cable for longer runs (over 30m). Not even sure if professionals would even bother with the WF100 though, and just go all RG6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

I'd recommend you replace the entire run with good quality cable as even the best joins using F connectors and weather protection can still get water ingress over time. As this is not an issue specific to the Ariva 250 it would be best if you started another thread if you need more info.

Thargor wrote: »
    Do you think Ill still get good signal on my 250 if I join another 25m of cable onto the 20m that's already on it if I relocate the dish? Currently 95%/95% signal quality and strenght.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 581 ✭✭✭phoenix999

dodzy wrote: »

For the money, they're a steal IMO.

Well after using Sky for years, I much rather the Ariva 250 remote and simple channel line up. I'm delighted with it. I didn't even need to buy an outdoor aerial for the terrestrial channels. And these HD channels are the business. Amazed that Sky has any customers with such a setup available. The money I save will pay for my heating oil refill.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 MickserB

Oh they are a steal, pic quality is excellent and the DTT option also, but lets just some clarify something, the Wireless is bad, the wireless option on this box is why someone might buy one, to connect remotely if they dont have close access to a router, the Apps are hit and miss, prob another release to fix them thats what I mean as a saga, i reckon we will see more firmware updates to remedy it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Re the wireless, has anyone tried a USB extension cable to re-position the dongle so it's got better line of sight ?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 MickserB

have a look at page 14, tested everything, various types, same result, the idea of a wireless dongle is for it to work in another room or not in the same room, this is something the dongles and or box is not very good at

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭big mce

Anyone know if the 250 has a T2 tuner in it? Says here it has but dubious:

http://www.pricerunner.se/pl/229-2842110/Digitalboxar/Ferguson-Ariva-250-Combo-DVB-S2-DVB-T2-Twin-Tuner-priser

• Registered Users Posts: 14 arv fergus

has anyone figured out how to get sky sports hd2 on the box yet.ive done blind scan on eurobird and astra 2a and cant find it???

i added eurobird and astra 2a did a blind scan and still no sky sports 2hd or sky 007 hd.what number fif sky sports 2hd come in on on all channels list.only have normall sky sports2

• Advertisement

big mce wrote: »
    Anyone know if the 250 has a T2 tuner in it? Says here it has but dubious:

http://www.pricerunner.se/pl/229-2842110/Digitalboxar/Ferguson-Ariva-250-Combo-DVB-S2-DVB-T2-Twin-Tuner-priser

Here's a copy of the user manual in English. You can check what's included:

http://www.ferguson-digital.eu/en/download/HD-Satellite-Receivers/Ariva-250-Combo/manual_EN.pdf/

arv fergus wrote: »
    i added eurobird and astra 2a did a blind scan and still no sky sports 2hd or sky 007 hd.what number fif sky sports 2hd come in on on all channels list.only have normall sky sports2

It was discussed here, bit hit and miss I think:

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056711036?page=44

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

.... perhaps you should add 28.5 to your satellites in setup and rescan that one (frequency) transponder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

MickserB wrote: »
    Oh they are a steal, pic quality is excellent and the DTT option also, but lets just some clarify something, the Wireless is bad, the wireless option on this box is why someone might buy one, to connect remotely if they dont have close access to a router, the Apps are hit and miss, prob another release to fix them thats what I mean as a saga, i reckon we will see more firmware updates to remedy it

Yes Mickser it is. But the lan port works fine. The range on the wifi is woeful and the range of these RT wifi devices are equally so, but for the FTA or whatever uses your are using for they are fine.

For people who want more they will move on to more expensive an possibly linux boxes. A lot more € in some cases.

Unlike me and you some just want FTA UK and Irish stations. This does it you must agree. :)

STB wrote: »
    .... perhaps you should add 28.5 to your satellites in setup and rescan that one (frequency) transponder.
    think i have it now.ill run through it in the morning.im told if i look through my all channels list it is listed as sky 2hd and not sky sports 2hd like the rest of the sky sports h
    d channels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭winston_1

It's a scrambled channel. Only a Sky box can get it.

winston_1 wrote: »
    i know its a scrambled channel but my ariva box should still pick it up on a scan but have a $ sign across from it to say its a ppv channel but my box isnt even listing it after a scan.

iba wrote: »
    Hi,

I just noticed that I have the same prolem. And like you I scanned on Astra at 11719 and 29500 but didnt get Sky Sports 2.

Dont really understand why it didnt pick it up cause thats the transponder listed in Kingofsat etc

Update: So I added the aove transponder to Euroird on 28.5 and picked up the 3 missing stations: MTV Live HD, Sky 007HD, Sky Sports 2HD.

bit conused why they dont come through on Astra 28.2 and also that I had to add the transponder to Eurobird

so anyway, job done, ut just wanted to let others know how to get Sky Sports 2 HD

Thanks

Iba
    did you run a blind scan on eurobird and astra 28.2 together or did you just run it on eurobird to find the last few channels.i did blind scan on 2 together on had no joy.what number did sky sports 2hd come up as on your all channel list and is it listed as sky sports 2hd or is it listed as sky 2hd. any help appreciated..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

Lads on the info bar during recording and on the info bar when playing back a recording there's a percentage icon. What does it pertain to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

winston_1 wrote: »

Completely incorrect statement.

The arriva will receive and open the channel with a relevant sky subscription card.

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Completely incorrect statement.

The arriva will receive and open the channel with a relevant sky subscription card.
    can you tell me what you did to find sky sports 2hd
    cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Brusna

can you tell me what you did to find sky sports 2hd
    cheers

On the installation menu go to TP list
    Select eurobird 1 with the left or right button
    Press the green button to add
    In the frequency box type 11719
    In the symbol rate box type 29500
    Set polarity to H
    Save
    Press the blue button to search

Brusna wrote: »
    Set polarity to H
    Save
    thanks for that.have it now.one more thing
    i downloaded A150Combo_20120808_1.19B1_patch.rarto a usb stick and tried loading it to the box for card sharing menu but menu will not appear on DHCP page.can you tell me if i have the right firmware for cccam and how to load it correctly using a usb.ot sure im doing it right after i get to upgrade by usb page.
    cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

thanks for that.have it now.one more thing
    i downloaded A150Combo_20120808_1.19B1_patch.rarto a usb stick and tried loading it to the box for card sharing menu but menu will not appear on DHCP page.can you tell me if i have the right firmware for cccam and how to load it correctly using a usb.ot sure im doing it right after i get to upgrade by usb page.
    cheers

Wrong software for the box, and you shouldnt be talking about stuff like that here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Wrong thread too

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭iba

did you run a blind scan on eurobird and astra 28.2 together or did you just run it on eurobird to find the last few channels.i did blind scan on 2 together on had no joy.what number did sky sports 2hd come up as on your all channel list and is it listed as sky sports 2hd or is it listed as sky 2hd. any help appreciated..

Hi

I just added Eurobird 28.5 to my Sats (put the heart beside it) but I didnt want to scan all the stations coz most of them are the same as Astra 28.2 - so I just scanned on one Transponder: 11719 and 29500 and H and it comes in with the name Sky Sports 2 HD.

hope that helps.

Regards

Iba

Tony wrote: »
    Wrong thread too

lol

So has anyone got the internet apps to work again yet or will we have to wait 4 a new f/w update?

And does anyone know the reason why they used to work but dont work anymore?

Im using the 1.20 f/w

Also i noticed someone mention earlier that they got the homeplugs below:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-PA211KIT-200Mbps-Powerline-Ethernet/dp/B004INVKP4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351087264&sr=8-1

I actually went 4 the 500Mbps ones (future proofing) as they were on sale last week in Amazon on Lightning Deals at under £30 - but anyway, the point is they work great with the Ariva 250 (and the Ariva 120)

Regards

Iba

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭petersburg2002

So has anyone got the internet apps to work again yet or will we have to wait 4 a new f/w update?

And does anyone know the reason why they used to work but dont work anymore?

Im using the 1.20 f/w

Also i noticed someone mention earlier that they got the homeplugs below:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-PA211KIT-200Mbps-Powerline-Ethernet/dp/B004INVKP4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351087264&sr=8-1

I actually went 4 the 500Mbps ones (future proofing) as they were on sale last week in Amazon on Lightning Deals at under £30 - but anyway, the point is they work great with the Ariva 250 (and the Ariva 120)

Regards

Iba

I bought these too and they work a treat. I got Youtube, DailyMotion and Vimeo working. The rest aren't available though.

I bought these too and they work a treat. I got Youtube, DailyMotion and Vimeo working. The rest aren't available though.

Thanks 4 ur Feedback.

Just checked again now and YouTube and Daily Motion are working 4 me. Very strange, when I tried yesterday they didnt work at all.

The others are not working 4 me though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 gerkildare

Brusna wrote: »
    Set polarity to H
    Save

I've just tried this - nothing doing, they're coming in as scrambled - anybody got any suggestions/workarounds please?

gerkildare wrote: »
    I've just tried this - nothing doing, they're coming in as scrambled - anybody got any suggestions/workarounds please?

Its a subscription channell, thats why its scrambled

Its a subscription channell, thats why its scrambled

Fair enough - but can somebody please explain how some folks here seem to be receiving them?? Or have I missed something in among the thread?

Pardon another dumbass question here...

If I re-scan for BBC 3 and BBC4, as per the data here... http://www.satellite.ie/acatalog/Frequently_Asked_Questions.html
    ... which satellite am I selecting, Astra?? 1, 2A, Eurobird ????

Thanks folks! ;-)

Fair enough - but can somebody please explain how some folks here seem to be receiving them?? Or have I missed something in among the thread?

I can only say in this forum that to get subscription channels u have to pay the subscription - eg you need to pay Sky to get a subscription card to acesss Sky stations

Pardon another dumbass question here...

If I re-scan for BBC 3 and BBC4, as per the data here... http://www.satellite.ie/acatalog/Frequently_Asked_Questions.html
    ... which satellite am I selecting, Astra?? 1, 2A, Eurobird ????

Thanks folks! ;-)

Astra 28.2 (I think it might be 2A) but I think they might also come in (duplicated) on Eurobird 28.5

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Colmos85

Hey,

My Ariva 250 is acting strange, the terrestrial channels are all freezing and the network options rarely work. I upgraded to v1.20 and I still get the same results.
    Had anyone got similar problems?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭petersburg2002

Colmos85 wrote: »
    Hey,

My Ariva 250 is acting strange, the terrestrial channels are all freezing and the network options rarely work. I upgraded to v1.20 and I still get the same results.

My terrestrial channels were doing the same. The satellite channels were fine. But the aerial was to blame. I'm just using an indoor aerial as I live in an urban area. So I just bought a new UHF indoor aerial. Problem resolved. Bad weather does tend to mess up the signal though (as it does with the Sky dish too).

My terrestrial channels were doing the same. The satellite channels were fine. But the aerial was to blame. I'm just using an indoor aerial as I live in an urban area. So I just bought a new UHF indoor aerial. Problem resolved. Bad weather does tend to mess up the signal though (as it does with the Sky dish too).

I was thinking this too but I it was working perfect for the first 2 months I had it. its only the last two weeks its like this and the web things dont work either.
    I took the box to a friends house and the same issue with the terrestrial channels were happening there. The signal intensity and quality are 80-90%.
    :(:(

gg69me wrote: »
    i got a 250 lately aswell but not that impressed as it completely froze three times already and the only way to get it working again was to switch off the box at the back and allow it to reboot . seems to happen alot when i go into the entertainment section and try to download movie clips etc or it happened once when i was recording onto my mains powered hard drive....has anyone else had problems with their box freezing up completely or am i just jinxed?

Yes I have similar issues and more

• Advertisement

Hey,

Hi,

Only youtube and grooveshack working 4 me today

I changed the video resolution down to 576p and the picture lagging/freezing no longer happens, want to have the HD res though. Dont know if this is a dodgy box.
    I downloaded the firmware update v1.2 and reset factory settings, since then the youtube app, vimeo, RSS & google maps work, none of the rest work still which I can get over, but the freezing picture issue is a PAIN.
    Hi,

Only youtube and grooveshack working 4 me today

I changed the video resolution down to 576p and the picture lagging/freezing no longer happens, want to have the HD res though. Dont know if this is a dodgy box.
    I downloaded the firmware update v1.2 and reset factory settings, since then the youtube app, vimeo, RSS & google maps work, none of the rest work still which I can get over, but the freezing picture issue is a PAIN.
    I have 2boxes and my hd channels are not as clear as they should be.its not the hdmi
    lead because I tried it on a Technomate box on the same channel and its crystal clear.do I need to adjust any setting on my 250box for perfect hd picture.

I changed the resolution by goin to menu - TV System - and there is option to change the resolution there, I had it set to 1080p_60 since I got it until the recent freezing problems with DDT channels on this setting.
    I have 2boxes and my hd channels are not as clear as they should be.its not the hdmi
    lead because I tried it on a Technomate box on the same channel and its crystal clear.do I need to adjust any setting on my 250box for perfect hd picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭AlmostCared

Hi,

Can anybody tell me why I am no longer getting the rte channels on my arriva 250? Was getting them last week and am getting the satellite channels now but no rte. Do I have to do something or is there some other reason for this? Any help appreciated as I am a bit slow on these things!!

Hi,

Can anybody tell me why I am no longer getting the rte channels on my arriva 250? Was getting them last week and am getting the satellite channels now but no rte. Do I have to do something or is there some other reason for this? Any help appreciated as I am a bit slow on these things!!

With everything powered on press the "ok" button on the remote and make sure it's showing "all channels" in the top section of the menu window. If it's not just use the left or right arrow keys on the remote until it is. You should be sorted then.

Thanks for your reply, did that but just still getting no signal, when i put it onto the DVB-T I still get no channels so am wondering do I need to do something else?

Just got the box to search again for the channels and have found them so all is well. Thanks for your reply.

Just got the box to search again for the channels and have found them so all is well. Thanks for your reply.

That was going to be my next suggestion :D Glad you got sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

terestrial channels are better on a tv connected from the aerial out of the box than the box itself

Advertisement