Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Michael Noonan attends Bilderberg 2012

• 25-07-2012 7:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭

why has there been no mention of this in the news? Our minister for finance has just attended the latest Bilderberg meeting in Virginia, USA.
    Why was he there? Who invited him and what was discussed?

Considering that the press made such a meal about Joe Higgins and the €900, why hasn't the press mentioned Michael Noonan and his entourage travelling to Virginia.

Here is a list of attendees http://www.bilderbergmeetings.org/meeting_2012.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Better there than Glenties Summer School navel gazing nonsense,

We've already had a thread about this. Turns out there really IS a conspiracy, and Noonan's in on it!

Or maybe the complete opposite. Whichever you like :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

A question or two for the politically well versed posters here:

Has Noonan attended this bilderberg meeting?
    What is the significance of this meeting?
    Why is there no media coverage about this, given all the air-time much lesser topics get?
    I dont want any conspiracy nonsense, just clear answers!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

If he's there he's there in a personal rather than official capacity. He's in a crucial role in a country whose future is crucial to world economics. If I were them I'd invite him, and if I were him I'd accept the invitation.

As to why it's not in the news, they either don't know or don't care or some combination of the two.

That, or it's an international cute hoor conspiracy to control the world media. The world is not run by lizardmen or an international masons/Jewish/crab people group but by a group of middle aged bald Limerick men living a rare second political incarnation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

why has there been no mention of this in the news? Our minister for finance has just attended the latest Bilderberg meeting in Virginia, USA.
    Why was he there? Who invited him and what was discussed?

Considering that the press made such a meal about Joe Higgins and the €900, why hasn't the press mentioned Michael Noonan and his entourage travelling to Virginia.

Here is a list of attendees http://www.bilderbergmeetings.org/meeting_2012.html

Has Michael Noonan claimed for expenses he ins't entitled to? I am not sure what the point of this thread is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

shedweller wrote: »
    Has Noonan attended this bilderberg meeting?

Seems so.
    What is the significance of this meeting?

Depends on your outlook, hugely significant or just some networking with well connected people.
    Why is there no media coverage about this, given all the air-time much lesser topics get?

It isn't a G-7/20/EU type meeting and not really of Irish interest.
    I dont want any conspiracy nonsense, just clear answers!

Unfortunately you kind of need the conspiracy nonsense, otherwise it just looks rather boring.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,211 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

If you listen to the conspiracy theorists, these guys run the world.

If thats right, and Noonan's been invited then either
    1) the world's fecked
    2) Noonan's getting a wrist slap from the powers that be.

Then again, if you listen to the conspiracy theorists, Elvis and BigFoot just shot up a cinema on the Moon.

I wouldn't have thought that a meeting of a lot of top dogs would be boring??! What they are talking about is important enough to warrant them all going to the same location, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

we'll see how long it take them to mention it in the news. I remember seeing this on Frontline a couple of years ago. Pat stops this woman in her tracks as she attempts to discuss the Trilateral Commission meeting which was held in the Four Seasons a day previous.

I saw that. That was gas! Look, i get that there are things our great leaders need to talk about and that there is a need for privacy etc.
    But this is something else. And any....any discussion on this bilderberg malarkey slides into conspiracy territory very quickly, with the resulting stigma attached. I dont want to see that happen here and i'll be waiting to see what "news" noonan has when he comes back from his little visit.

• Advertisement

Im afraid the chances of him sharing any of his Bilderberg experiences are small, considering that the 2012 meeting was over on the 3rd of June, unless he is taking the long way home.. although I could have sworn I saw him in the Dail one day on the RTE news :)

I see a distinct lack of replies here too! Seems there are things that just will not be talked about!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Even by Boards standards this is one of the most useless threads. Noonan is doing his job, and not just doing things that will be featured on television. In my opinion this is to his credit and there is no need for conspiracy theory threads on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

I see a distinct lack of replies here too! Seems there are things that just will not be talked about!

Probably because no one wants to be labelled a nut. The most powerful and influential people in the world meeting in secret what could they possible be talking about? The weather?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

That would probably be because it is private. I wouldn't read that much into a lack of replies on Boards tbh!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

ardmacha wrote: »
    Even by Boards standards this is one of the most useless threads. Noonan is doing his job, and not just doing things that will be featured on television. In my opinion this is to his credit and there is no need for conspiracy theory threads on this.

I would like to agree, but I dont know what you mean by 'this is to his credit'.. the fact that he attended itself? is it enough to determine whether it was a good or bad thing? If he was there in an official capacity, then surely we should know something about what was being discussed. Roughly how much would a trip like this cost? Minister for Finance + entourage, travel and accomm for 4 days.. yet the press decide to paste Joe Higgins all over the papers over €900 odd quid, which were travel expenses that he was entitled to anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I would like to agree, but I dont know what you mean by 'this is to his credit'.. the fact that he attended itself? is it enough to determine whether it was a good or bad thing?
    It's a global economics conference, so yes, the Minister for Finance attending is a positive thing. Personally I see it as a much more beneficial aim than paying for the travel expenses of Ministers who want to campaign in their local constituency.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Blowfish wrote: »
    It's a global economics conference, so yes, the Minister for Finance attending is a positive thing. Personally I see it as a much more beneficial aim than paying for the travel expenses of Ministers who want to campaign in their local constituency.

Its not really a conference if nothing is published from it?
    We found out recently what a dinner between two powerful people results in, imagine what the Bilderberg meetings must be like.

Video of John Major describing dinner with Rupert Murdoch:

John Major at Leveson: Rupert Murdoch told me to change policy on Europe
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLQxz9WFZGA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

The global elite run boards.ie. Why else would there so few posts in this thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Well, that's basically that. Bilderberg meetings are "think-ins" amongst the globally influential about the issues du jour - in a sense, not unlike this forum but with rather more clout.

Since they don't formally decide anything, don't issue recommendations, and don't publish any of the event, there's pretty much nothing to talk about except the absence of things to talk about. If you don't go down the conspiracy theory route, the whole thing is summed up in the title, which in itself rather explains the lack of media attention.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement