Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Still Live at Home ? My Rat Bastard Brother pays nothing !

• 25-07-2012 7:26pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 460 ✭✭

I have not lived at home for years, But my 43 tr old brother's marraige broke up about a year ago and he assumed he could just walk back on home to my elderly mother and live rent free. She was living alone and was on the household package( free electric allowance and free fuel allowance in winter). He expects a dinner when he comes home (Shift). My mother has lost the household package since he started using that address because she no longer lives alone.
    The FCUKER pays her nothing for anything..Ever !
    I only found out off her today !
    I feel like killing the Rat Bastard . I am too annoyed to ask what I should do

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

I came in here to say I give sixty euro to my mother.

Then I decided to say: just kill the rat bastard, after you take out a life insurance on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

He should be paying whatever the local rent is.

Considering the free food and probable washing, drying & cleaning done by your mother, it's still too little.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 460 ✭✭four18

At least 60, But the RB gives nothing, Never has...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

Rat bastard

four18 wrote: »
    At least 60, But the RB gives nothing, Never has...

Some people are just like that.
    I don't really expect anything other than her to do the washing since it's two of us here so it makes sense for it to be done all at once.

But yes, murder him is a fine solution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

He's 43 and working, there's no excuse for him not contributing to the household. I think your mam will have to get tough with him and issue an ultimatum, either start paying or get out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

When I was living at home I was giving IRE£50-60 once I got full time work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 460 ✭✭four18

grindle wrote: »
    He should be paying whatever the local rent is.

Considering the free food and probable washing, drying & cleaning done by your mother, it's still too little.
    but he gives nada, nought, nothing RB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Looks like it more belongs to personal issues section,but at age 26 im paying about 150-200 a month on bills mostly (food,petrol, and personal stuff comes out of my pocket.So unless your bastard brother is working for pennys he should contribute at least half of all the bills plus food and washing another 50e a week,that would be fair.

but he gives nada, nought, nothing RB

That's your mothers fault, though.

If she won't demand money in exchange for a free bed and board, then there's nothing you can do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

50 - 60 euro a week i assume ye mean ? cos like, that's my normal food shopping bill fo half a week...

Le them eat cake i say !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The prick should at least be paying her the money she's losing by him living there.

My 2 Brothers and I still live at home:

One Brother pays all the household bills
    Other Brother hands up €200 a month
    I can't pay as much because my income vaires from week to week, I hand up 30% of whatever I earn and I pay the TV license every year. My Mam refused at first but only deadbeat losers don't pay their way.

Your Brother is a jerk.

50 - 60 euro a week i assume ye mean ? cos like, that's my normal food shopping bill fo half a week...

My post? No defintly punts, paid similar in sterling just before we moved here. Haven't lived at home since before the Euro change over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Great to see a close knit family :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Your brother is a freeloader. The least he should be paying is 100e per week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Had to move back home last year after an old living arrangement fell apart, moving back out again in a couple weeks. I'd pay €240 a month, do all my own washing up and only take dinner when they're cooking a family meal, otherwise I'm happy to feed myself. Hate the idea of being a sponge, and I'm considerably younger than your brother OP.

That's absolutely disgraceful behaviour from him. On the flip side, though, I'd say he'll stay single and lonely for a while at that age, with that kind of attitude. Not good news for your mam, but at least he'll feel the consequences of being a sponge eventually and will hopefully cop on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

It's not very difficult to see why his marriage didn't work out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Thats all that steak!!! :p

irish-stew wrote: »
    My post? No defintly punts, paid similar in sterling just before we moved here. Haven't lived at home since before the Euro change over.

More of an in general question good sir !! 50 - 60 euro is low monies per week.. imo .. Caviar is not getting any cheaper..

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

Wait until you calm yourself and then have a word - can't believe he thinks what he is doing is okay, what a moron!!

If having a word doesn't work, there is a thread on here about disposing of a dead body :D

• Advertisement

More of an in general question good sir !! 50 - 60 euro is low monies per week.. imo .. Caviar is not getting any cheaper..

Well it bought slightly more 12 years ago.

:(

irish-stew wrote: »
    Well it bought slightly more 12 years ago.

:(

Apologies my statement was not directed at you in person .. as i previously stated , more of an in general question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

well you did ask, hence the replies,

his marriage broke up he went to the one place where he could, fook this get the locks changed while he is out do it yourself, if your mum told you she must be worried, if you don't want to change the locks you need to have a chat with him,

like a really good chat, how far are you prepared to go?, you might not like what you find out, the house might be left to him so he will laugh in your face, also he might tell you your a rat bastard of a brother and never come near my house again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

rat bastard havent heard that phrase in a long time.:D
    classy.

crazygeryy wrote: »
    rat bastard havent heard that phrase in a long time.:D
    classy.

Prefer the more traditional and eloquent term 'cunt' tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 42 JuliaJones

Similar situation in my mothers house, she has two sons living at home both in their 30's, both working. She cooks, cleans does drunken collections the whole lot. One brother gives 100 a week and contributes to bills, the other doesnt give a euro, but complains if his fave foods arent cooked etc.
    Sh!t hit the fan today when the brother who is paying found out. Turns out he was asked for the money other guy wasnt, I just sit back and enjoy the bickering thats going to follow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

kfallon wrote: »

as in cúnt bastard,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Am I missing a trick here?

This is your brother, have a word with him. His marriage broke up, he may be feeling a little sorry for himself and have overlooked taking care of the mammy with rent etc.

Do ye not talk to each other?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

You should challenge this shxt in da bucket to a duel at the nearest ball alley (preferably after 1 o clock mass).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

You need to go have a serious chat with your bro and tell him to start paying up or fook off somewhere else. if nessesary turn up yourself every week/month to take the money off him and give it to your mam.
    Leeching off an old woman is a scummy thing to do if he won't do what he should you need to make him do it!!!:mad:

as in cúnt bastard,

Ah no need to go overboard, just the 'c' word will do

Talking won't do it. Man up. Look up a couple of cagney amd lacey clips on youtube. Wrestle him lie rick flair would do a dingo woooooooooo

le la rat wrote: »
    Talking won't do it. Man up. Look up a couple of cagney amd lacey clips on youtube. Wrestle him lie rick flair would do a dingo woooooooooo

You want the OP to run off some ropes, bump his shoulder into his brother's leg, then strut around while screaming "woo" and finally asking his mother if she's prepared to ring the bell when he makes his brother tap out to the figure four?

Oh Jaysus, we got a 'live' one on our hands :eek:

:p

You want the OP to run off some ropes, bump his shoulder into his brother's leg, then strut around while screaming "woo" and finally asking his mother if she's prepared to ring the bell when he makes his brother tap out to the figure four?

If steel chairs need to be used then so be it. I prefer the suplex to the figure four. The figure four can be difficult to pull off if your not training regularly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I have not lived at home for years, But my 43 tr old brother's marraige broke up about a year ago and he assumed he could just walk back on home to my elderly mother and live rent free. She was living alone and was on the household package( free electric allowance and free fuel allowance in winter). He expects a dinner when he comes home (Shift). My mother has lost the household package since he started using that address because she no longer lives alone.
    Oedipus complex comes to mind.

Get over it OP, mind your own business!
    Yours,
    Rat Bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

But my 43 tr old brother's marraige broke up about a year ago and he assumed he could just walk back on home to my elderly mother and live rent free.

It seems he was correct in his assumption, since that is what he did/is doing.:rolleyes:

She was living alone and was on the household package( free electric allowance and free fuel allowance in winter). He expects a dinner when he comes home (Shift).

Perhaps he expects it because that is what he is used to getting. Why hasn't your mother asked him to eat out or cook the meal himself? Is she afraid of him? Or afraid he will leave? Has she asked him to contribute to the household expenses, or compensate her for the benefits she has lost because he is no living with her?:confused:
    My mother has lost the household package since he started using that address because she no longer lives alone.

Since you haven't lived at home for years and, unless your mother is not compose mentes, why don't you just leave her to sort it out with your brother? What's stopping her telling him to fcuk off with himself if she does not find the situation acceptable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

kfallon wrote: »

nah i think cnut is used to much.i prefer rat bastard for now.

If steel chairs need to be used then so be it. I prefer the suplex to the figure four. The figure four can be difficult to pull off if your not training regularly.

I don't think you've ever seen Flair blade before.

I sincerly think if weapons are involved and it's called for the OP to blade, he may very well die.

Yes but it could take years for the op to get into the shape of Flair. Maybe he should form an alliance. Someone within the neighbourhood watch group twould be perfect. Then send the mam on holidays and invite jessica fletcher to stay. Problem solved bye bye rats Basxxxxxd

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

sure I paid the guts of €100 a week when I was at home and saving for a mortgage deposit.

your mother needs to give him an ultimatum imo, either pay up or get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭purplepanda

Maybe the Mam doesn't want to take the money as she's still hoping he will find somewhere else to say?

If she takes it then he has the feet under the table so to speak & won't be leaving anytime soon? :rolleyes:

The money he's saved so far should be enough to pay a deposit for rental by now anyway :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    It seems he was correct in his assumption, since that is what he did/is doing.:rolleyes:

Perhaps he expects it because that is what he is used to getting. Why hasn't your mother asked him to eat out or cook the meal himself? Is she afraid of him? Or afraid he will leave? Has she asked him to contribute to the household expenses, or compensate her for the benefits she has lost because he is no living with her?:confused:

Since you haven't lived at home for years and, unless your mother is not compose mentes, why don't you just leave her to sort it out with your brother? What's stopping her telling him to fcuk off with himself if she does not find the situation acceptable?

This is the issue with a lot of Mammies. They don't want to ask their children for money, out of pride or embarrassment or whatever, and pricks like the OP's brother are all too happy to take advantage. The bottom line is the Mother is worse off financially since the Son moved in and thus he should compensate her.

If he was any sort of man he would offer his Mother money, she shouldn't have to drag it out of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Uses "social media consultant/blogger" as their title.
    owns an iphone/macbook/ipad but could'nt fix any of them to save their bleedin life
    likes to claim to be a "/total nerd"

f**k off and die

Bambi wrote: »
    owns an iphone/macbook/ipad but could'nt fix any of them to save their bleedin life

f**k off and die

Wha? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

f**k off and die

Got the right thread there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Got the right thread there?

Where? Wha'? Dirty rat bastard moved my post :confused:

fukit headwash lie down frame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Goes off on a spiel about how everything being disposable and not fixing things is the future, cause his time is too valuable and things are supposedly too hard to fix now?

Wouldn't know which way around to put in a surface mount resistor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

Set a mouse trap for the rat bastard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭okiss

Your brother is being very unfair at the moment with your mother.
    Her package is worth a lot to her - she should have a free tv licience, free line rental for the phone or call credit of €20 -€30 a month if she does not have a land line and the esb is worth apox €250 to €300 a year. She may also be entitled to a fuel allowance for €20 per week for apox 25 weeks a year.
    Any of us can fall on hard times but at this stage your brother should have sorted things out and be leaving home.
    I would tell him in front of your mother the value of the benefits she is missing on because of him living with her. I would tell him also that he can pay the bills and that tell him can also pay for the turf, coal or oil needed to heat the house with the winter coming up which should cost him a few 000 euro.
    He should be giving your mother at least €130 per week to cover the bills and his food and this would be cheap.
    Did his wife kick him out because he is a mean **** ?
    Does he have children or is he paying his ex maintenance?

• Advertisement
Advertisement