Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC slow tonight?

• 25-07-2012 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭

Anyone else's connection slow tonight in Dublin 5?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

not slow, but some web pages half loading and when i refresh it's fine...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Ever since the "free" speed increase my connection has become really unstable. Erratic pings and lost packets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

Stevek101 wrote: »
    Ever since the "free" speed increase my connection has become really unstable. Erratic pings and lost packets.

Yes that's what i'm experiencing too. Never had so many problems when i was still with eircom :rolleyes:

Perfectly fine here, usually I'd be the first to complain if something's wrong but not tonight:

2083792946.png

25 meg in Dublin 3 btw

2083804254.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Grand here,whenever it does get slow I usually just have to turn the router off and on again and speeds return to normal

2083816011.png

• Registered Users Posts: 45 rez

Inbox wrote: »
    Anyone else's connection slow tonight in Dublin 5?

I'm in D3 and my connection dropped out last night at about 10.

I have physical sync on the line but cannot get an IP address from DHCP.

I'll contact them when they open see what's up., was on here hoping to find it was a general issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 rez

Ok so powered down my modem for 30 mins and rebooted.... got an IP that time so all ok again.

Is it the Thompson modem? Mine might be overheating not sure.... have it tucked away in a press...

rez wrote: »
    Ok so powered down my modem for 30 mins and rebooted.... got an IP that time so all ok again.

Is it the Thompson modem? Mine might be overheating not sure.... have it tucked away in a press...

Mines the Cisco 2324 model.

It improved late in the night but i have no connection this afternoon :mad::mad:

Will i ring UPC up?

I rang them up, fault on the line but area connection is fine. They are sending someone out Monday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Well think a couple of days I can't get my 120 Line to perform at all at any point of the day.

2087177183.png

This is my usual result.

Well no sign of UPC today, supposed to be here between 9-1pm :rolleyes:

Is there a UPC representative on boards? I think i've seen them before but cannot find them now.

lol they arrived at 12:45 :o:D

All fixed now :)

2091699675.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

Inbox wrote: »
    All fixed now :)

2091699675.png

What was the problem?

Dodgy cable apparently. Not sure how the cable went dodgy though,they didn't know either.

Advertisement