Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fort Haven Coolaney

Options
  • 25-07-2012 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

We are thinking of moving to a house here just wondering what this estate and coolaney is like?
    Whats the bus service like to Sligo? I checked bus eireann website and for some of the bus times there is dots at coolaney stop does this mean it doesn't stop there at this time?
    http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1315579738-475.pdf

Any help would be appreciated we have had bad luck with cold damp houses and now we have a 6 month old baby so don't want to be in this kind of house

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

The dots mean that this service does not go to that stop.

The public transport is almost non-existent from looking at the bus timetable.

If you were depending on public transport it probably would not be an option.

Collooney or Ballymote are on the train line and there is a train every 2 hours and might be worth considering. Also a much better bus service.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davebirl

Bus leaves sligo station monday to Friday at 6.25am and arrives in Coolaney at 7am
    Bus leaves sligo station monday to Friday at 5.20pm and arrives in Coolaney at 6.05pm
    Bus leaves sligo station Saturday at 5.20pm and arrives in Coolaney at 6.05pm

Bus leaves Coolaney monday to Friday at 7am and arrives in sligo station at 7.45am
    Bus leaves Coolaney Saturday at 1.20pm and arrives in sligo station at 1.50pm
    Bus leaves Coolaney monday to Friday at 6.25pm and arrives in sligo station at 78.55pm

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭coolegrain

i live there.
    it's a quiet estate..you could hear a pin drop outside after 10.30....few kids around during the day playing, but all nice kids...we've never had any hasstle there in any way.

are you buying or renting ?...if buying, make sure and inspect the house very well....we had issues (bought new) and still have some drainage issues as do some of our neighbours.....and the gardens (everyones) are like swamps all year round...if good weather comes it takes a week to dry out......personally, i dont think the houses were as well built as i hear some say.
    one thing that bothers me is that it is all cheap partition walls upstairs, and the attic is a great size, you can easily walk around up there with loads of head space but you cant but any weight up there at all due to them partition walls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

Thanks for the replies. We are renting, I noticed the garden when we viewed the estate agent said it was because of the all the rain lately so thats good to know. That has put me off now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭coolegrain

sorry...i didnt mean to put you off...its a great street to live in...nice friendly people and safe if you have kids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Nothing like the odd pint in the happy landing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

coolegrain wrote: »
    sorry...i didnt mean to put you off...its a great street to live in...nice friendly people and safe if you have kids.

No its great to get advice from someone living there. We have had trouble with crappy houses in Sligo so we want to make sure we find somewhere good. We have a dog and small baby so the garden is something we really need.
    Its a shame because Coolaney is a lovely town and the house is nice but we will keep looking. I'm going to post another thread for advice on estates in colloney, ballymote and ballasadare.

Advertisement