Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Craft Beer in Cork

• 25-07-2012 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi, I'm trying to place I can go to to get a good range of craft beers to buy, Ideally in south cork or the city. Has anyone got any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Off license or pub? The Abbott Ale House, Franciscan Well, Bierhaus or Bradley on North Main Street would be good places to start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Here's the Beoir list of outlets selling craft beer in Ireland. They also have an iOS and Android App call BeoirFinder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Bradley's on North Main St is the best imo, good prices on a HUGE selection.

Out in Carrigaline, the Carry Out is after getting in TONS of craft beer-Irish, English, American, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,538 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

mmcn90 wrote: »
    Here's the Beoir list of outlets selling craft beer in Ireland. They also have an iOS and Android App call BeoirFinder.
    They also have the rather funky online map now too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

They also have the rather funky online map now too.

I hadn't seen that, how very clever!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Bradley's on North Main St is the best imo, good prices on a HUGE selection.

Out in Carrigaline, the Carry Out is after getting in TONS of craft beer-Irish, English, American, etc.

Abbott's has the best selection without doubt, but I find one of the off licence staff (Eastern European guy) to be very off putting. The main guy in Bradley's is sound, but parking is an issue there if you're buying a fair bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Nevkiwi

Thats great info, Carrigaline would be my local so might pop in there. It's off licence I would be interested in rather than pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A_Fitz

Abbott's has the best selection without doubt, but I find one of the off licence staff (Eastern European guy) to be very off putting. The main guy in Bradley's is sound, but parking is an issue there if you're buying a fair bit.

That lad is an ignorant, unhelpful ****, at best. It's ridiculous that someone with his lack of manners is employed to serve the public, moreover in a job where advising and informing the customers is vital.........the barman upstairs, Terry, is a sound, helpful lad.

On numerous occasions in Bradley's I have seen the staff watching me like a hawk; it's highly insulting and off-putting, and I'm not the only person who has noticed this. Sort it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭eurokev

go to carryout on the bandon road, great selection about 250 different beers, really good prices, can usually source what youre looking for, they also distribute a good few Irish craft beers trouble, O haras bottles and kegs, 8 degrees, dungarvan, stonewell, kentucky bourbon

eurokev wrote: »
    go to carryout on the bandon road, great selection about 250 different beers, really good prices, can usually source what youre looking for, they also distribute a good few Irish craft beers trouble, O haras bottles and kegs, 8 degrees, dungarvan, stonewell, kentucky bourbon

My local offy, great selection in there. Almost as good as the Abbots.
    Edit: Just went up to get some kentucky bourbon ale after reading this and they don't have it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭eurokev

For anyone that would like to go

There is a free Irish Craft Beer Event happening tomorrow friday 12 oct in Galvins Carry Out in Carrigaline across from the Collin's Super Value from 5 to 7. Its a good thing to try and get to.

There will be brewers from Stonewell cider ( made in Nohoval ) and 8 degrees ( made in ballinora ) you will get to taste their beers aswell as others from trouble brewing and O Haras I think. Its a great chance to try a product you may be apprehensive to try and to hear what the brewers have to say

Advertisement