Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mens Olympic Football Megathread (Super, me arse)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Jesus christ Clev :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Whats going on?I was watching the swimming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Whats going on?I was watching the swimming.

Cleverly took a shot which hit both posts and came back out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

UAE's celebrations scare me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

What a goal! Lovely stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

Sturridge having a MARE. Awful stuff. Bellamy not much better at the moment, no end product

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Beautifully play from UAE.

Quickest feet since I watched Irish Dancing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

What a save by the Honduras keeper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Cracking save from the Honduras keeper there.

Keeper was a chicken there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

GB 2-1 up now, sinclair with his 1st touch of the ball and puts it in the net, 2 assists for bellamy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

that was a quality goal by Sturridge!....goal of the tournament so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Dannnnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Great goal

3-1

Sturridge.

Lovely finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Class from Sturridge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

GB 2-1 up now, sinclair with his 1st touch of the ball and puts it in the net, 2 assists for bellamy

Cleverley assist, Nice finish from Sturridge 3-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Spain on the verge of going out here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Spain on the way out! Incredible stuff

• Advertisement

It's things like this that make me hate modern football, total disrespect to the referee from Spain.

The attitude of the Spanish is disgraceful. Good riddance

Again from Alba, roaring at the linesman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

F**k me the Spanish are bad losers. Muniain is very lucky to be on the pitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

whats happening at the spain game?

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭CongoPowers

I'll be happy to see the Barça lads come back earlier, but man, that's tough on Spain. Battered Honduras in the second half, even robbed with that penalty not given. Muniain was great, and I can't really find it in me to give a fúck that he was harsh with the referee or whatever.

Anyway: No Thiago, no party. Again.

• Advertisement

And Spain are out...

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Spain on the way out! Incredible stuff

I'm happy they're gone. I only switched on in the last 15 minutes but they've acted like spoilt gobshítes the whole time. They were a disgrace crowding around the ref a good few times trying to influence his decisions. That was the ugly and petulant side of the beautiful game. Good riddance.

They had more than enough chances in the 15 minutes I saw to win the match. They only have themselves to blame.

Anyway it's better for a team like Honduras to go through imo. They'll benefit more from this than Spain ever would.

Jordi Alba an absolute disgrace. Fair play Honduras. Bye bye Spain

ceegee wrote: »
    F**k me the Spanish are bad losers. Muniain is very lucky to be on the pitch

They can literally fuck off at this stage, terrible losers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

If Mata hadn't stepped in when he did, I'd be suggesting the ref start producing post game cards for dissent.

• Advertisement

I'll be happy to see the Barça lads come back earlier, but man, that's tough on Spain. Battered Honduras in the second half, even robbed with that penalty not given. Muniain was great, and I can't really find in me to give a fúck that he was harsh with the referee or whatever.

Anyway: No Thiago, no party. Again.

Muniain jostled the ref twice - penalty incident and after the final whistle. Dont care how well he plays, he acts the thug when losing and delighted to see him gone. Most of he teammates werent much better

Would love to see a bit of retrospective punishment for that conduct after the game? Giving their country a bad name here. Anyway they're gone, my heart bleeds.

WHo was the Spanish number 8? Behaved like a child at the end and made contact with the ref for the Mata booking in which Mata literally squared up to the ref.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The Spanish really are spoiled brats these days.

Would love to see a bit of retrospective punishment for that conduct after the game? Giving their country a bad name here. Anyway they're gone, my heart bleeds.

WHo was the Spanish number 8? Behaved like a child at the end and made contact with the ref for the Mata booking in which Mata literally squared up to the ref.

Muniain was #8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

We have Mata back early thats a plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

They may be very talented footballers but by god they are sore losers, horrible to see that sort of shíte going on. Not sad to see them go if that's the way they're going to behave, some players showing no class at all.

This Olympic football tournament was supposed to come down to a showdown between Brazil and Spain, the two teams with by far the best talent on show. Instead Spain are out without having scored in 2 games while Brazil are motoring on playing some great stuff. Much prefer the Brazilians myself anyway, a joy to watch.

Muniain jostled the ref twice - penalty incident and after the final whistle. Dont care how well he plays, he acts the thug when losing and delighted to see him gone. Most of he teammates werent much better

Meh, he's just very immature. He'll learn not to let the frustration get the better of him.

mike65 wrote: »
    The Spanish really are spoiled brats these days.

These young lads have it too easy. They've never really known what it was like to lose and to be regarded as a joke on the international stage.

The older players, Casillas and Xavi, have been through it all and they know what it's about and show the respect that is needed to succeed.

Meh, he's just very immature. He'll learn not to let the frustration get the better of him.

Jostling the ref is a serious issue he had every right to send him off

Highlight was him skying a shot over kicking the ground and a huge cheer from the crowd. Needs to learn to grow up spoilt child.

I've lost any tiny bit of respect I had for Alba too

• Advertisement

Jostling the ref is a serious issue he had every right to send him off

I don't disagree, I just don't care.

"Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser" - Vince Lombardi.

BKC wrote: »
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser" - Vince Lombardi.

It isn't simply a case of being a good loser and being a bad loser.

For me, people should show a bit of dignity when they lose. They made fools of themselves and that takes away from the enjoyment of their play. Even up until the last minute they were creating great chances. They tore Honduras apart a number of times.

Losing with dignity and showing respect for your opponents and officials is a key part of the game imo.

It isn't simply a case of being a good loser and being a bad loser.

For me, people should show a bit of dignity when they lose. They made fools of themselves and that takes away from the enjoyment of their play. Even up until the last minute they were creating great chances. They tore Honduras apart a number of times.

Losing with dignity and showing respect for your opponents and officials is a key part of the game imo.

Yeah, I was just throwing that out there. I know what you're saying. Perfect example: Roger Federer. Wins with respect, loses with dignity. Classy sportsman.

BKC wrote: »
    Yeah, I was just throwing that out there. I know what you're saying. Perfect example: Roger Federer. Wins with respect, loses with dignity. Classy sportsman.

It's amazing watching the tennis, volleyball and all these other events that are played in a mighty spirit then you see crap like that from the Spanish. ANd the worry is that they won't be the only ones

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

It's amazing watching the tennis, volleyball and all these other events that are played in a mighty spirit then you see crap like that from the Spanish. ANd the worry is that they won't be the only ones

The worst spirit I've seen so far is the road race cycling from Mark Cavendish/team GB

dfx- wrote: »
    The worst spirit I've seen so far is the road race cycling from Mark Cavendish/team GB

Really? No interest in that cycling lark tbh

Just Google Mark Cavendish and you'll find out. Him and the rest of the cycling team were basically giving out that no one helped them to win the gold medal. The other countries were too negative and didn't want him to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Just Google Mark Cavendish and you'll find out. Him and the rest of the cycling team were basically giving out that no one helped them to win the gold medal. The other countries were too negative and didn't want him to win.

How much do you know about cycling, did you see the two races today and yesterday?

• Advertisement

Tox56 wrote: »
    How much do you know about cycling, did you see the two races today and yesterday?

I am able to cycle a bike, therefore I feel I know a bit about it.

No, I did not see the race yesterday. I was out cutting the grass.

I missed todays race because I was up in Thurles at the hurling.

From what I've read and heard their attitude was pretty poor. Whining instead of winning.

Advertisement