Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recieved bill for an Eircom Engineer that Vodafone requested

Options
  • 25-07-2012 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

HI there,

I have just recently recieved a bill from eircom with a charge listed as "other charge" of €100. This is apparently is for work carried out by an Eircom engineer. An engineer did come to my house on the date in question. This call was arranged via Vodafone and not by me, I wasn't made aware that this call was made by Vodafone. I was a customer of vodafone at the time that vodafone arranged this call with Eircom, I am since no longer a customer of Vodafone. At no point I was told that there would be a charge for this call out. I do not believe I should have to pay for this charge nor will I be doing so, Eircom have indicated that this is an issue for Vodafone to resolve, Vodafone Customer Care have indicated that there is nothing they can do as they haven't received the bill. That means I am left with a bill to pay that I didn't know I was going to recieve. Can this be resolved please as I don't have the money to pay for this bill.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭thesphinx

Hi there

Just to note on this Vodafone appear to be blaiming Eircom on this and Eircom is blaming Vodafone, which leaves me with a bill for €100, this is very unfair on the customer. It appears they don't wish to communictae with each other.... I am finding it difficult to get a resolution to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

thesphinx wrote: »
    HI there,

I have just recently recieved a bill from eircom with a charge listed as "other charge" of €100. This is apparently is for work carried out by an Eircom engineer. An engineer did come to my house on the date in question. This call was arranged via Vodafone and not by me, I wasn't made aware that this call was made by Vodafone. I was a customer of vodafone at the time that vodafone arranged this call with Eircom, I am since no longer a customer of Vodafone. At no point I was told that there would be a charge for this call out. I do not believe I should have to pay for this charge nor will I be doing so, Eircom have indicated that this is an issue for Vodafone to resolve, Vodafone Customer Care have indicated that there is nothing they can do as they haven't received the bill. That means I am left with a bill to pay that I didn't know I was going to recieve. Can this be resolved please as I don't have the money to pay for this bill.
    Thanks

Hi thesphinx,

This is a bit of an awkward one to deal with from our perspective. The reason I say this is that initially when the fault was logged on our system (6/6/12) you were a Vodafone customer. The way it works is that we advise Vodafone of any possible charges and in turn they are supposed to advise yourself. But while the fault repair was in progress the account left the other company and came back to eircom, however the fault was with Voda equipment according to the notes left by the engineer.

By the time this was resolved and the charge applied the account was back with eircom. It was very unfortunate timing here. I have sent a couple of requests for further info so I may be able to shed some more light on what exactly was done and our responsibilities for it. Also, did the engineer ask you to sign any forms when he visited? Normally I would have to point you back to the other company to deal with it but in this case I don't think they can do much as they wouldn't have access to an account belonging to another company. I know this doesn't answer the query at the moment but leave it with me and hopefully we can sort something out.

Regards

James

Thanks James

I didn't this there would be any issues moving back to Eircom but unfortunatley it has now opened a can of worms. According to Vodafone they can't do anything until they recieve a bill from Eircom, I have asked Eircom to do this and I was told that this isn't they way they operate. so hence Eircom just bill the customer which I see is very unfair on the customer. The engineer asked for someone in the house to sign the form whether that occured or not I don't know.... I really hope this can be rectifeied soon...

Thanks James

I didn't this there would be any issues moving back to Eircom but unfortunatley it has now opened a can of worms. According to Vodafone they can't do anything until they recieve a bill from Eircom, I have asked Eircom to do this and I was told that this isn't they way they operate. so hence Eircom just bill the customer which I see is very unfair on the customer. The engineer asked for someone in the house to sign the form whether that occured or not I don't know.... I really hope this can be rectifeied soon...

Hi again,

I can see your point on this but it is difficult when dealing with an issue between 2 different providers. The problem is that only certain information is visible on both sides so neither can get the full picture. The initial report was logged with Voda but the charges have only hit on the eircom bill now. Normal process is that another company requests a tech callout from eircom Wholesale, who bill that company and they in turn pass the charge to their customer (if the work resulted in charge). It is the other companies responsibility to advise you of the charge. In eircom we advise at the initial stage of logging the fault but I'm not sure how other companies go about it. Could you PM me with a mobile number as I may need to call you at some stage for further info.

Thanks

James

Hi James

I have just sent you a PM with my number on it. It is extremely difficult delaing with two suppliers, one appears to be blaming the other. Yes I was a customer wih Vodafone at the time when they requested an enginner to call out, and no I did not agree to this or was notified about the costs involed. The engineer that visited that day indicated that it was a faulty modem and no work was carried out. In this instance yeah it should be Vodafone that should be paying the bill, when I have spoke to Vodafone they have claimed that they have no issue crediting this amount or waiving this charge but in order for them to do that they told me they must get a bill from Eircom so this look into this further. When I asked Eircom to do this I was told that is not how you operate. So now I have two supplier not co-operating at all, all i want to do is get this sorted, I have a bill to pay and being honset I can't afford to pay it. Please can you ring me tomorrow on this I can give you whatever information you require, the quicker i get this sorted the better for me as this bill is due to be paid on the 3rd of August, or maybe a stop can be put on part of this bill until this issue is resolved.

• Advertisement

Hi There

I don't know if it was you James that got this sorted thanks of it was... I just recieved a call from someone in eircom and the €100 has been credited, I was told that I should never have been billed, the engineer that had called out hadn't let the paperwork in with Vodafone in a timely fashion which resulted in me being charged. Thanks anyway if was you that got the issue resolved...

Hi There

I don't know if it was you James that got this sorted thanks of it was... I just recieved a call from someone in eircom and the €100 has been credited, I was told that I should never have been billed, the engineer that had called out hadn't let the paperwork in with Vodafone in a timely fashion which resulted in me being charged. Thanks anyway if was you that got the issue resolved...

Hi thesphinx,

Wish I could take full credit for this one but all we did was escalate it to the relevant people. The main thing is that you got sorted. Apologies again for the hassle you had getting it resolved but it's just all the red tape involved when trying to get something done between 2 big companies. Any further questions you know where we are.

Regards

James

Advertisement