Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Topping off the day with a racist bus journey...

• 25-07-2012 8:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭

Some servile piece of scum started mouthing off to an elderly foreign lady just now. Not too sure how it kicked off, but I think the scumbag - young girl, maybe 16 at most - had her feet on the seat and the lady wanted her to move them. Called her everything under the sun, told her she was in '****in Ireland now', called her a 'foreign c**t', top of her voice, kids there and all. Kept up a steady torrent abuse until she got off a few stops later.

A couple of people turned to look but nobody intervened. I genuinely feel quite guilty about that now, it seems wrong to not have done something. Bah. Place is gone to the dogs :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I would have had to do something. No way would I stand by and listen to that.
    The bystander effect bugs me big time.

I'd have had her kicked off the bus. Little bitch :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

So you did nothing...you should start a Facebook page on it and get everyone to like it; that will save humanity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

A backhand into the mouth, her parents should get........:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    So you did nothing...you should start a Facebook page on it and get everyone to like it; that will save humanity.

Yah I knew writing that post that it was a bit esoteric and would get this kind of response. I feel very down about it though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Is calling someone a foreign **** racist now?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

So you did nothing...

What would you have done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Skanger youngwan mouths off having been challenged over feet on seats. Nasty but do you really expect anything different from these types? I'm sure she'll go on to be a fine upstanding lady.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

There's no way ANYBODY should have to put up with that kind of abuse, no matter what their race, religion or anything else. Thats vile and a sad indictment of the generation of self-entitled little shíts this country has produced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Samich wrote: »

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,593 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Sure if you did anything you'd probably be hopped on and kicked off the bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

syndeyfife wrote: »

Makes ya a better man than me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Whatever way I glanced at the boards.ie homepage, I saw:
    Bargain Alerts - Topping off the day with a racist bus journey...

was expecting a completely different conversation.

Bought popcorn and all :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

yah, if i had of been there i'd have slapped the face off her and then thrown her off the bus while everyone cheered. nah not really. but you'll get loads of heroes on here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

I would not feel too bad OP, most people on a bus will do nothing, its called the bystander rule. There are many people on a bus and everyone although repulsed is waiting for action from someone else. Remember that next time and it will possibly inspire you to act.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

emo72 wrote: »
    you'll get loads of heroes on here now.

I wonder do they bring their keyboards with them on the bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

She'll get her comuppance eventually, she'll mouth off to the wrong person some day and get a dig......and totally deserved!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Flashing at them will shut them up.

Plus you get turned on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

syndeyfife wrote: »

Me too.
    Though I can sometimes understand people not wanting to interfere I couldn't stand by in a situation like that and not open my mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Tym

A couple of people turned to look but nobody intervened. I genuinely feel quite guilty about that now, it seems wrong to not have done something. Bah. Place is gone to the dogs frown.gif

Hmmm, how many women were on the bus? I don't think a man would be comfortable intervening unless she was a he.

• Advertisement

TelePaul wrote: »
    Makes ya a better man than me.

Im a 20 year old girl and even I wouldnt let her publicly humiliate someone over their race.

I can hand on heart say I have never witnessed something bad and NOT done all I could to help. Ill admit sometimes its putting yourself at risk, but Ill never not do all I can.

Ive done it countless times, from small things, to big things. And I dont regret any of it, but I know if I didnt, Id always regret it....as you do now.

Splendour wrote: »
    Me too.
    Though I can sometimes understand people not wanting to interfere I couldn't stand by in a situation like that and not open my mouth.

Fully understand it tbh. Some people don't deal well with confrontation. I gather from the OP that the woman herself sat by and took the abuse, whereas I would give someone like that a full on bollocking. People are different, that's life.

in fairness 20 year old girls are the scariest things on earth. i would never start an argument with one, they're just mad ted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I'd have had her kicked off the bus. Little bitch :mad:

I know.. bleedin fordiners :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

So I hear your a racist now Ted. Didn't think you were into that sort of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I hate those racist buses.

I know.. bleedin fordiners :mad:

:eek:

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

xzanti wrote: »
    What would you have done?

Honestly? I would have engaged with the woman that was getting the abuse and if the scumbag tried to shout I would have told her to shut up that adults were talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

The trollop will surely get her sour desserts sooner,hopefully,than later.Probably knows she's only a little **** anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Bajer

Of course it is. Is calling someone who consistently makes idiotic comments a f&*#in retard bad form on boards?

Mod: Banned.

Honestly? I would have engaged with the woman that was getting the abuse and if the scumbag tried to shout I would have told her to shut up that adults were talking.

yea then "Britney?" says "Wha tha phook u say? Ya phooking scumbag ya! Anto did ya hear wha he sayed to me?

"You think yer a hard man mate? talkin 2 me burd like that? stitch that ya cant!"

then we all hear about the poor unfortunate guy who was stabbed and left with his head smashed up.

theres feic all you can do about scumbags. they fear nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

xzanti wrote: »
    I wonder do they bring their keyboards with them on the bus.

Not just keyboard warriors. I was on a Dart one day and these young lads were kicking a can about, shouting and cursing and making a general nuisance of themselves running up and down annoying people.
    The train was pretty packed and I couldn't help but say something to them. I didn't raise my voice but calmly asked them to respect other people on the train. When I was getting off a woman came up to me and thanked me for speaking out but at the time no one backed me up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

OP .... This had to be either the 77 bus from Jobstown, the 76 from Ballyer or the 13 from Finglas to Clondalkin ? ;)

Or the 75 or 56a!

Bajer wrote: »
    Of course it is. Is calling someone who consistently makes idiotic comments a f&*#in retard bad form on boards?

You on about me?

• Advertisement

You on about me?

Yes. Amateur troll?

You on about me?

"I don't see anyone else here so you must be talkin to me!":D

Yes. Amateur troll?

You're calling me a troll?

Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

TelePaul wrote: »
    Yah I knew writing that post that it was a bit esoteric and would get this kind of response. I feel very down about it though.
    Care to explain what you mean here?

You're calling me a troll?

Why?

Because the majority of posts that I have seen you write seem to go against all reasonable definitions of common sense and seem more designed to elicit responses from other posters. You wait to see what the prevailing trend is and then adopt a contrary view. Classic troll behaviour.

• Advertisement

Because the majority of posts that I have seen you write seem to go against all reasonable definitions of common sense and seem more designed to elicit responses from other posters. You wait to see what the prevailing trend is and then adopt a contrary view. Classic troll behaviour.

Eh quote me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

mackg wrote: »
    Yes

Xenophobic I would think

Yes. Amateur troll?

It's against the charter to call someone a troll

It's also against the charter to back seat mod but im not telling you to stop just letting you know all friendly like

Tigger wrote: »
    It's against the charter to call someone a troll

It's also against the charter to back seat mod but im not telling you to stop just letting you know all friendly like

Thanks for the heads up. I'm not trying to mod - but if someone is taking a deliberately contrary view and seems to be thriving on it - it seems like classic troll behaviour to me. No one else seems to be pulling him up on it. Even though my account is old, I'm a bit of a noob here and I witnessed similar posts yesterday on the "stag night" thread.

Tigger wrote: »
    Xenophobic I would think

Way I see that is it's calling them a cúnt because they are foreign, either way it's not very nice.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm not trying to mod - but if someone is taking a deliberately contrary view and seems to be thriving on it - it seems like classic troll behaviour to me. No one else seems to be pulling him up on it. Even though my account is old, I'm a bit of a noob here and I witnessed similar posts yesterday on the "stag night" thread.

Why not just ignore it? Wait for a mod to sort it?

That little red and white triangle in the bottom left of a post is for reporting it, do that and let the mods deal with it. that way threads don't get dragged off topic.

mackg wrote: »
    Way I see that is it's calling them a cúnt because they are foreign, either way it's not very nice.

Nope she called her wan a Cnut cos she's a piece of ****. She would have called me a big **** some one else a fat **** someone else a spells ****

She called yet wan a forgien **** cos she was forgien
    Stupid little cunt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

What she did was discriminatory and abusive. Let's not get bogged down in semantics.

Good advice guys - thanks. Apologies for breaching protocol. Is there a way to ignore a user?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement