Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Topping off the day with a racist bus journey...

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Bajer wrote: »
    Good advice guys - thanks. Apologies for breaching protocol. Is there a way to ignore a user?

There is an ignore button on your profile somewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Good advice guys - thanks. Apologies for breaching protocol. Is there a way to ignore a user?

Just dont press the quote button....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

What she did was discriminatory and abusive. Let's not get bogged down in semantics.
    Gawd don't tell me she was an anti-semantic as well as a racist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

u shoulda recorded a video of it on your phone and then post it all over facebook/twitter etc, next time do that and bring shame on the lass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

I'd have passive-agressived the biatch...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

TelePaul wrote: »
    Some servile piece of scum started mouthing off to an elderly foreign lady just now.

Servile? Wrong word surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Bajer

syndeyfife wrote: »
    Why not just ignore it? Wait for a mod to sort it?
    mackg wrote: »
    That little red and white triangle in the bottom left of a post is for reporting it, do that and let the mods deal with it. that way threads don't get dragged off topic.
    Just dont press the quote button....

I hit the multiquote button in an attempt to quote the two people who offered similar good advice, but it obviously didn't take. I didn't bother corrected it as all the the relevant posts were posted within a very short period of time and it seemed to be quite easy to follow. But thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

A backhand into the mouth, her parents should get........:mad:

Why over-complicate matters by looking for someone else to blame?

Do you not believe in personal responsibility?

A spirit, a spirit: he says his name's poor Tom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

What she did was discriminatory and abusive. Let's not get bogged down in semantics.

Yeah cause if there's one thing I hate more than discrimination and abuse it's those damn Jews.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Called her everything under the sun, told her she was in '****in Ireland now', called her a 'foreign c**t'
    Look at her general direction, and shout as loud as you can "SHUT THE FCUK UP YOU STUPID FCUKING COW". A bully is only as loud as you let them be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

In my 20's I wouldn't have hesitated to put the little bint straight. Now that I'm 39 I'd be afraid to say anything at all, to be completely honest. The problem is that scum fear nothing because they know that people will be too scared to get involved.

If you get involved and you are attacked the odds are that every other passenger on the bus, including the racially abused passenger will not intervene. If the gardaí were to get involved if you were attacked the odds are that none of the passengers will admit to have seen anything at all.

If it went to court a lawyer will argue that said bint comes from a broken/abusive/deprived etc background and said bint is the real victim. She will still be walking the streets while the system finds some way to avoid sentencing her to any detention or prison time. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Ficheall wrote: »
    Care to explain what you mean here?

That I knew what I was trying to convey but that I didn't do it in a very transparent way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Sea Filly wrote: »
    Servile? Wrong word surely?

Thought it meant underling. Maybe not.

Lots of grammar nazis in this evening!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Lots of grammar nazis in this evening!
    Actually...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,679 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I would have had to do something. No way would I stand by and listen to that.
    The bystander effect bugs me big time.

What would you have done?
    What if her skanger boyfriend happened to be also on the bus with his lowlife friends?
    The OP could have got alot of hassle for being a good samaratian.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

In my 20's I wouldn't have hesitated to put the little bint straight. Now that I'm 39 I'd be afraid to say anything at all, to be completely honest. The problem is that scum fear nothing because they know that people will be too scared to get involved.

If you get involved and you are attacked the odds are that every other passenger on the bus, including the racially abused passenger will not intervene. If the gardaí were to get involved if you were attacked the odds are that none of the passengers will admit to have seen anything at all.

If it went to court a lawyer will argue that said bint comes from a broken/abusive/deprived etc background and said bint is the real victim. She will still be walking the streets while the system finds some way to avoid sentencing her to any detention or prison time. :mad:
    And the fact you are in a confined space doesn't help either. Those type of things can get out of hand. I would have told the driver to get the guards waiting at the next stop and chuck her out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

i hear ya brah. tho your username suggests female. a 39 yo fella knows the score, however maybe the only thing a scumbag bint fears is a 20 yo female,because seriously they have no fear either, and maybe enough pent up rage to actually relish an encounter with the aforementioned scumbag bint.

seen girls going at it enough times to stay well enough away.

Lean forward, protect the elderly lady and tell the little scumbag to get her feet off the seat and shut the f*&^ up. Then stare her down.

btw - previous poster - "brah"? This happened in Dublin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

It's a given fact....RE the bystander experience.....if someone is being stabbed to death in broad daylight and there are 40 onlookers, nobody will do a thing. If there are only 2 or 3 onlookers, they will always intervene.

In larger crowds, the herd mentality takes over and people regress hoping for a dodgy situation to just go away (do the gas chambers ring a bell?). when the numbers are much smaller, man's fury kicks in over his innate desire to stay below the radar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

do the gas chambers ring a bell?

Don't think so ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

Best thing to do in these situations now I think is to film it and stick it on youtube.

What would you have done?
    What if her skanger boyfriend happened to be also on the bus with his lowlife friends?
    The OP could have got alot of hassle for being a good samaratian.

I would have told her to give it a rest shes making a show of herself.

I couldnt give a flying monkeys how many people she was with. Id never ever sit back and watch that happen, out of 'fear' of these pr*cks. They are all talk, Ive stood up to them numerous times.

Worst Ive come out was when 2 travellers asked me for a cigarette. Now anyone that knows me, knows Im the most generous person on the planet. Id give my last breath if someone was polite.
    I was living with my parents still so i would have been about 17. Walking to the luas and 2 travellers walked towards me and told me to give them a smoke each. I said no. This went on for about 5 minutes. Them trying to intimidate me, me (sh*tting it on the inside) but not backing down, and still smoking a cigarette lol
    Ended up the 3 of us kicking absolute lumps out of each other. I had a black eye, burst lip, lots of missing hair, scrapes all up and down my arms and knees. There was NO WAY I was going to give them a cigarette. If anyone wants respect from me, then they treat me with respect, otherwise they'll get whatever they give straight back.

Ive calmed down a lot in recent years, but my father always taught me to stand up for others the way i would for myself or family...thats how I've always lived my life. I could tell you a million storied like the above, yes thats probably a very bad thing...

I understand not everyone is as stupid as me, but you asked me a question and i answered it. Yes, the OP could have got a lot of hassle for it, but its the bystander effect. Shes not going to start laying into him on a packed bus, and if she does more fool her!

I would have told her to give it a rest shes making a show of herself.

I couldnt give a flying monkeys how many people she was with. Id never ever sit back and watch that happen, out of 'fear' of these pr*cks. They are all talk, Ive stood up to them numerous times.

Worst Ive come out was when 2 travellers asked me for a cigarette. Now anyone that knows me, knows Im the most generous person on the planet. Id give my last breath if someone was polite.
    I was living with my parents still so i would have been about 17. Walking to the luas and 2 travellers walked towards me and told me to give them a smoke each. I said no. This went on for about 5 minutes. Them trying to intimidate me, me (sh*tting it on the inside) but not backing down, and still smoking a cigarette lol
    Ended up the 3 of us kicking absolute lumps out of each other. I had a black eye, burst lip, lots of missing hair, scrapes all up and down my arms and knees. There was NO WAY I was going to give them a cigarette. If anyone wants respect from me, then they treat me with respect, otherwise they'll get whatever they give straight back.

Ive calmed down a lot in recent years, but my father always taught me to stand up for others the way i would for myself or family...thats how I've always lived my life. I could tell you a million storied like the above, yes thats probably a very bad thing...

I understand not everyone is as stupid as me, but you asked me a question and i answered it. Yes, the OP could have got a lot of hassle for it, but its the bystander effect. Shes not going to start laying into him on a packed bus, and if she does more fool her!

Cool story bro - glad you got your traveller hatred out there. Why aren't more people just saying they would threaten to knock the **** out of her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

Lean forward, protect the elderly lady and tell the little scumbag to get her feet off the seat and shut the f*&^ up. Then stare her down.

btw - previous poster - "brah"? This happened in Dublin.

Yea, sorry about that. Find myself slipping into Cartman mode sometimes. Too much Southpark.

Cool story bro - glad you got your traveller hatred out there. Why aren't more people just saying they would threaten to knock the **** out of her?

I most definitely do not hate travellers. Quite the opposite actually. These just happened to be not so nice travellers.

emo72 wrote: »
    Yea, sorry about that. Find myself slipping into Cartman mode sometimes. Too much Southpark.

No worries dude - :nods

I most definitely do not hate travellers. Quite the opposite actually. These just happened to be not so nice travellers.

GTF- you went on a wild rant about them, which had nothing to do with the original post. If you even said that you would have kicked the sh*t out of the skanger based on your experience with the travellers - fair enough. But you didn't. You just used this thread as an excuse to vent your traveller experience.

GTF- you went on a wild rant about them, which had nothing to do with the original post. If you even said that you would have kicked the sh*t out of the skanger based on your experience with the travellers - fair enough. But you didn't. You just used this thread as an excuse to vent your traveller experience.

Someone's insecure.....:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

deccurley wrote: »
    Thats vile and a sad indictment of the generation of self-entitled little shíts this country has produced.

Hang on a second now there now Ted. "The generation of self-entitled little shíts" is a bit fecking strong. There's no such generation. If you were to call any other demographic group such a thing there'd be uproar. Yes, there are people who are fcukers, however there's no definining trait to them other than them being fcukers. They can be young or old, male or female, catholic or atheist. To call any one group such a thing is bigotry.

I was on the bus home today and there were some lovely teenagers of the generation I believe you're referring to. They stood up the front and chatted about soccer and the match they were planning on seeing all the while I was on the bus home. I literally stood there thinking it was great to see kids/teenagers so engaged with something so honest and wholesome and in no way being the stereotype curmudgeons like to portray kids as. I actually enjoyed the bus home because it was so pleasurable seeing teenagers doing everything right and being so pleasant.

Thats 2 threatening pms ive gotten off you now.

Keep them to yourself.

If you cant handle AH then you know where to go.

• Advertisement

Lyaiera wrote: »
    Hang on a second now there now Ted. "The generation of self-entitled little shíts" is a bit fecking strong. There's no such generation. If you were to call any other demographic group such a thing there'd be uproar. Yes, there are people who are fcukers, however there's no definining trait to them other than them being fcukers. They can be young or old, male or female, catholic or atheist. To call any one group such a thing is bigotry.

I was on the bus home today and there were some lovely teenagers of the generation I believe you're referring to. They stood up the front and chatted about soccer and the match they were planning on seeing all the while I was on the bus home. I literally stood there thinking it was great to see kids/teenagers so engaged with something so honest and wholesome and in no way being the stereotype curmudgeons like to portray kids as. I actually enjoyed the bus home because it was so pleasurable seeing teenagers doing everything right and being so pleasant.

I was nearly taking your post seriously until I saw you using the word "curmudgeons". You weren't on the bus home to Darndale, I take it? Or Coolock, or Finglas.

I was nearly taking your post seriously until I saw you using the word "curmudgeons". You weren't on the bus home to Darndale, I take it? Or Coolock, or Finglas.

Do I know you or something?? Is that why Ive gotten 3 threatening pms from you?? Give it a rest ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

What? No. There's buses going to lots of places. What are the chances I'd be going on any of those buses?

Also, curmudgeon is a perfectly cromulent word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Do I know you or something?? Is that why Ive gotten 3 threatening pms from you?? Give it a rest ....
    You should report them.

Where To wrote: »
    You should report them.

I did, then i got another 2 lol

Thats 2 threatening pms ive gotten off you now.

Keep them to yourself.

If you cant handle AH then you know where to go.

Would you care to publish the two threatening PMs? I'm sure if I sent you two threatening PMs that the mods would be interested! My PMs were quite conciliatory following an unprovoked attack from yourself.

Now you say that that there were two offensive PMs -which have suddenly have become 3 offensive PMs? This is easily resolved - forward the offensive PMs to the mods. Msg 81 references 2 offensive PMs. Msg 83 references 3 offensive PMs. The second and third offensive PMs apparently occurred within 10 minutes of each of each other - according to your posts. So could you please post these offensive messages and prove that you are not a tosser. I'll sit here waiting.

Would you care to publish the two threatening PMs? I'm sure if I sent you two threatening PMs that the mods would be interested! My PMs were quite conciliatory following an unprovoked attack from yourself.

Now you say that that there were two offensive PMs -which have suddenly have become 3 offensive PMs? This is easily resolved - forward the offensive PMs to the mods. Msg 81 references 2 offensive PMs. Msg 83 references 3 offensive PMs. The second and third offensive PMs apparently occurred within 10 minutes of each of each other - according to your posts. So could you please post these offensive messages and prove that you are not a tosser. I'll sit here waiting.

1.Private Message: Easy now

Just cos I'm a noob on boards - don't assume I'm a noob. I'm not. Don't **** with me. I've gone easy on my replies.

2.Really?
    Do you really want to do this?

3. ?
    You may want to remove that comment - otherwise I will be obliged to reply. And I will be obliged to reply to every comment you make.

And 4 now since I started copying and pasting....

4. ?
    You still want to do this?

Want to do what?!!? What do i want you or not want you to do?? Why cant you stop sending me messages!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Lyaiera wrote: »

If I posted that I enjoyed observing a couple of teenage girls on the bus on the way home, it would be seen as somewhat less acceptable, I suspect. :(

1.Private Message: Easy now

Just cos I'm a noob on boards - don't assume I'm a noob. I'm not. Don't **** with me. I've gone easy on my replies.

2.Really?
    Do you really want to do this?

3. ?
    You may want to remove that comment - otherwise I will be obliged to reply. And I will be obliged to reply to every comment you make.

And 4 now since I started copying and pasting....

4. ?
    You still want to do this?

Want to do what?!!? What do i want you or not want you to do?? Why cant you stop sending me messages!?

Where are the threats or offensive messages? :-)

BTW - you are a clown! You have edited half of the responses. Idiot. Just go away. My job title has more syllables than you could pronounce.

• Advertisement

Where are the threats or offensive messages? :-)

I think Ive had enough crazy for one night thanks.....

DO NOT send me another message.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

called the cops?

I think Ive had enough crazy for one night thanks.....

DO NOT send me another message.

Take a screenshot of these messages - upload them to imgr and post the link here. Easy. We're all waiting.

Take a screenshot of these messages - upload them to imgr and post the link here. Easy. We're all waiting.

OR!!! How about this.....

You dont send me anymore messages?? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Oh, the lulz..:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Syndey, report the the PMs and if appropriate, the Admins will deal.

Thread is going nowhere good at this stage.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement