Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gun graphics

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

shooter88 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever used these looks pretty good but are they just going to peel off after a few weeks of temp and moisture changes?

http://www.mossyoakgraphics.com/accessories/shotgun-rifle-mossy-oakr-camo-gun-kit-904.html

some of the airsoft shops around dublin do camo dipping, its around 100 euros i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

rowa wrote: »
    shooter88 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever used these looks pretty good but are they just going to peel off after a few weeks of temp and moisture changes?

http://www.mossyoakgraphics.com/accessories/shotgun-rifle-mossy-oakr-camo-gun-kit-904.html

some of the airsoft shops around dublin do camo dipping, its around 100 euros i think.

Just keep in mind Airsoft shops are not firearms dealers and leaving a firearm with them, well, you might as well hand it in to the guy behind the counter in your local spar.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

I've had a Hydrographics [another company] finish on one of my rifles over in Oregon since 2001.

In case you are not familiar with the state - the coastal region is the wettest part of the USA [averaging over 100 inches of rainfall a year] and also has about 30% of its area as classed as high desert as well as serious mountains up to around 12,000 feet. Temps range from -20C to plus 40C.

Needless to say, spending any amount of time there means that you are going to reap the 'benefits' of all this interesting weather.

The finish has a couple of nicks from catching on the tailgate of the pick-up, but apart from that has stood up really well. It's not just dipped and left, it is cured and then epoxy resin coated a few times afterwards - see the Youtube movie on how it's done.

tac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

bravestar wrote: »
    Just keep in mind Airsoft shops are not firearms dealers and leaving a firearm with them, well, you might as well hand it in to the guy behind the counter in your local spar.

This is true and correct, but as the process takes very little time maybe they can do it while you wait/watch ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

This is a company in dublin that do it, give them a call. A few lads I know were in contact with them a while back about getting it done.

http://www.aquaprint.ie/index.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement