Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 RROD Repair

Options
  • 25-07-2012 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

Hi guys

Anywhere in Limerick i can get this fixed asap. its the 0102 code error that I have, hopefully to get it fixed tomorrow if possible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 celticalldway1

I have had this twice,on 2 xbox's,and both times i opened up the xbox myself,removed all the parts and simply re-assembled it..worked for me..if your not familiar with electrics and static electricity i would suggest getting someone you know to do it for you..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

I have had this twice,on 2 xbox's,and both times i opened up the xbox myself,removed all the parts and simply re-assembled it..worked for me..if your not familiar with electrics and static electricity i would suggest getting someone you know to do it for you..

Shocking advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

OP
    What your looking for is somebody with a BGA rework station to reflow or reball your console.

I used to do this,
    But I dont do it anymore due to problems I had with the fumes involved in the repair.

There was another lad down in abbeyfeale/newcastlewest area doing it at one stage but I wouldn't reccomend him if he's still at them.
    I was given a few of the consoles he worked on, to give a second opinion on which he had proclaimed completely dead and I was not impressed with his work to say the least. :rolleyes: ...

Plenty of cowboy jobs in the city centre too.

There is one person out in castletroy that I would say should be fairly good.
    He has the proper equipment and definatly sounds like he can use it
    http://team-xecuter.com/forums/member.php?u=163452
    I've never seen his work but I've never herd anything bad about him or had to clean up a dodgy repair by him.
    Which is more than I can say for most of the "pro" repair shops in Limerick.

Advertisement