Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 25/7/12 to 12/10/2012

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Caller 1: My kids have no books
    Caller 2: well my kids are sharing shoes
    Caller 1: we don't have anymore money
    Caller 2: we have less

Its like who can be in the worse position

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

and the moral of the story is.

dont be a lazy bastard, get off your arse, and go to the shops.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Joe trying to make it sound sinister "nondescript building in walkinstown". It's right on a main road with a massive "schoolbooks.ie" sign on it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

joes getting worried they might go MCD on his arse.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Gosh this caller is very annoying with his 'blah blah blah', god love the poor staff if he gets through to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

In future go into town and support your local economy, and ffs give up on the "Nobooks.ie" effort, you're not even Funny Friday standard with that.

Next!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭furiousox

Spokesperson for schoolbooks.ie

1891d1344872169-director-mel-stuarts-death-brings-memories-willy-wonka-pure-imagination-willy_wonka.jpg

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Joe Duffy pulls up your man on saying that schoolbooks.ie were "not able to run a sweet shop"..

Already today, Joe has called Revenue policy as lunacy (i.e. them being the company that get the funds to cover RTE's 17m loss), he's said that Target had "gone bust" and has tried to promote competitors of the school book company..

So i dont understand how he is giving out to somebody else about being loose tongued.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Did any of them think to check out the website yesterday and today for the latest info ?
    http://www.schoolbooks.ie/[/QUOTE]

Are you joking?

Sure then they wouldn't be able to call Joe. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Why cant they get off their arses and get the books themselves?

• Advertisement

Ryanair ??? could this be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

So i dont understand how he is giving out to somebody else about being loose tongued.

Schoolbooks.ie will have the following on their website from now on

loose_lips2.jpg

Ryanair, I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

So, 5 minutes ago Joe was moaning about a big foreign company taking business from irish companies that can't pay their tax, now he's hammering an company for not delivering their stuff even though they have a day left.
    Is there any company safe? Schoolbooks.ie should move to ballyfermot, they'd be ok then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Did any of them think to check out the website yesterday and today for the latest info ?
    http://www.schoolbooks.ie/

liveline researchers obviously to busy to check it out :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

obviously you are not getting on a plane without a passport love.

Ryanair - BINGO! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Why cant they get off their arses and get the books themselves?

Cos they have already bought them! Also school book buying has led to traffic gridlock in the past believe it or not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Joe Duffy pulls up your man on saying that schoolbooks.ie were "not able to run a sweet shop"..

Already today, Joe has called Revenue policy as lunacy (i.e. them being the company that get the funds to cover RTE's 17m loss), he's said that Target had "gone bust" and has tried to promote competitors of the school book company..

And now we have the monthly lets bitch about Ryanair slot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

no he went for a walk joe

• Advertisement

Micheal O Leary pushed the boy out of the wheelchair Joe:D

What did you do?
    I rang Liveline.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

europa11 wrote: »
    In future go into town and support your local economy, and ffs give up on the "Nobooks.ie" effort, you're not even Funny Friday standard with that.

Next!

I bet Syl Fox is writing it down as we speak. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

all hail AER LINGUS

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Fuinseog wrote: »
    obviously you are not getting on a plane without a passport love.

From the UK? Why not? I know it's Ryanair policy, but they are just total cnuts when it comes to making exceptions for situations like that.

Pr1cks.

He really hates Ryanair

No point arguing with you either Joe.

The Shoutdown Kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

you need a passport to travel to another country. simple as. why does he encourage these people?

Ryanair is very clear on their policies. Why is she even on air?

• Advertisement

Drugs in the wheelchair

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement