Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 25/7/12 to 12/10/2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

she got her books in a box. i will sleep well knowing that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

One minute left and he takes a break

ah yeah but that's the difference between 395k a year, and 400k a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

She probably got some other poor bastards books, just to shut her up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

So the treatment of brain tumour woman was terrible by ryanair, but it's ok to cut her off for an ad break and a quick chat to some idiot outside schoolbooks.ie. Brilliant Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

she will be back on tomorrow to say they are the wrong books.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Obviously blocking the gate worked for her, there will be a queue of gate bockers tomorrow ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭furiousox

When she gets home and opens the box it'll be full of these :pac:

9781848270992.jpg

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

furiousox wrote: »
    When she gets home and opens the box it'll be full of these :pac:

9781848270992.jpg

Ha ha. Well done well done

it slates ryanair for not showing her compassion, then tells this lady to who wants to read a poem from her dying husband to do it quickly.

classy guy Joe

The irony, talking about ryanair being completely inflexable in situations like that, then Joe has to cut her off because he has an adbreak he has to take.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Looks as if The Siege of Skewelbukes.ie goes up a notch as Joe rallies the rabble to walk on Walkinstown and block the gates.

(that's according to his blurb on RC, so maybe a dose of death or more Ryanair bashing will be in store instead) :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Cienciano wrote: »
    The irony, talking about ryanair being completely inflexable in situations like that, then Joe has to cut her off because he has an adbreak he has to take.

This is Lahv Lahn, where The Duffmiester General thinks irony = copper-coloured.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Was I hearing things there from the news... Sciphol airport has a possible hostage situation on a plane??? Is that as well as the WWII bomb they found there this morning?? :confused:

I'm googling frantically and can't find anything except the old bomb... :rolleyes:

Found it!! There is a hostage situation. Wonder if Joe will have a frantic Irish person on the line from the airport!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

so Ryanair plan on bidding for Aer Lingus in the new year, surely this has not gone un-noticed in Duffy Tower. i expect this matter will be dealt with the usual unbiased, straight down the middle, manner of the liveline :rolleyes:

so Ryanair plan on bidding for Aer Lingus in the new year, surely this has not gone un-noticed in Duffy Tower.

Could imagine if RyanAir made a bid for RTE... Joe would be reaching for his duffel coat.

Reportedly there's a hijack situation in Schipol airport (in Holland).

would'nt matter to duffy, not wanting to fly with Ryanair next year is more important to joe then any hostage situation.

No hostage situalion and lives in danger in Schiphol airport, after all. Claire Byrne sounded quite disappointed!

Could I just put something forward for pre-Liveline discussion... I think Claire Byrne has improved significantly in the few weeks that she's been presenting the news..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Could imagine if RyanAir made a bid for RTE... Joe would be reaching for his duffel coat.

No, apparently it was a communication error between pilots and traffic control, thankfully.

Why doesn't Horatijo just buy Aer Lingus? He (almost) makes enough........;)

Then he could make ads like Victor Kiam did for Remington years ago "I liked it so much, I bought the company".

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

No, apparently it was a communication error between pilots and traffic control, thankfully.

But sadly for 'Joseph' it was a Spanish airline not Ryanair.

• Advertisement

I'd much rather imagine the 1st meeting between Micheal O'Leary and Joe about his salary :D

Could I just put something forward for pre-Liveline discussion... I think Claire Byrne has improved significantly in the few weeks that she's been presenting the news..

Do you mean hotter?

I think Joe was about to ask "Is that a real degree?" before yer man cut across him

Was there a module on snide remarks on that course.. :D

Pilot: Ola, can we land on runway 34?
    ATC: You're plane is being overrun by arab terrorists.. hang on, we'll save you..

is it just me but every time a business seems to go out of business, it always cripples ''rural ioreland''

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The man is right,so many owners have to try and hang on because there is nothing for them when they close the doors

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

sudzs wrote: »
    No hostage situalion and lives in danger in Schiphol airport, after all. Claire Byrne sounded quite disappointed!

Heard that, a "damp squib" she called it.

Yeah, I was hoping for some murders and explosions too Claire. :(

Duffy having a go at quinn now.. A company that gave more to the state than he ever did... How much of a fkin levy are we paying for you Joe?

• Advertisement

Ohmigod!! Febrile chickens!! :eek: Run for your lives!!!!! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement