Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 25/7/12 to 12/10/2012

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

She couldn't go to her local shops in Kilkenny to buy the books because of her 'medical condition' but has no problem traipsing to Dublin and throwing a tantrum outside the gates of the place and getting Joe to phone her about it .

Ah fek that.

Whats the big deal with having the books on time anyway?
    What harm is a delay of a couple of days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Oh give me a break...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

To be fair, it is an issue, and it's not fair to dismiss it because they are schoolbooks.

I'm sure those of you who think its a storm in a tea cup would be having a conniption fit if you had upwards of €400 debited from your bank account and nothing to show for it 6 weeks later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Cassidy28

Stop moaning people seriously go to you're local shop you stupid people

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Give it a few weeks and they'll all be ringing in again complaining about little Jonny's back being broken from lugging around a bit rucksack full of shcool books. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Cassidy28 wrote: »
    Where's the ipads
    I think some idiot headmaster brought them in somewhere and it lasted a week. All the kids were playing games on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

Jesus cant you take the kid on a drive to the depot for the books ffs. Itll be nice...he will fall asleep on the drive.....ahh blisssss.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Blocking the gates! Sounds like the last days in Saigon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

well if you had gone to shop a month ago and bought your books, today you would be playing with your son

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

snubbleste wrote: »
    Good question
    Call 1850 715815

If somehow you manage to get through and on air, prepare to hear the words "Bad line! Bad line!" as soon as you ask any question about Joe's financial affairs....just before you're swiftly cut off.

• Advertisement

To be fair, it is an issue, and it's not fair to dismiss it because they are schoolbooks.

I'm sure those of you who think its a storm in a tea cup would be having a conniption fit if you had upwards of €400 debited from your bank account and nothing to show for it 6 weeks later.
    If it was a shop in Dublin I could just pick them up from, it wouldn't bother me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Joe Duffy is the wrong rte idiot to be discussing business and taxes. Joe wouldnt know the 1st thing bout running a business or what the idea of a hard days work is

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Well one of the guys its only 3 weeks, they have been assured they will get the books in the coming days, its overkill to be constantly phoning and blocking the gates demanding books because it is detracting from them doing the actual work. I am sure the people are annoyed but considering the cluster f**k this country is in at the minute there could be better items for Live Lahnnnnnn than hysterical parents. I'm sure there are parents out there without the money for any books at all.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Spot on. Play by the rules, or GTF.

This guy is an idiot.. trying to make out like Target are looking for an amnesty.. they paid off 1 MILLION in taxes in the last few months.

neris wrote: »
    Joe Duffy is the wrong rte idiot to be discussing business and taxes. Joe wouldnt know the 1st thing bout running a business or what the idea of a hard days work is

Has he ever earned a cent that did not come from the State?

This guy has a good point. Joe knows it, but doen't like it!

Revenue, Good :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

How did I know Finbar would hail from Cork? :pac:

• Advertisement

The government are like drug dealers. If anyone takes the piss and doesn't pay them, they take swift and hard action to act as a deterent!

Finbar is looking for a row

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Finbar is standing on his soapbox while on the phone to Joe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

telekon wrote: »
    How did I know Finbar would hail from Cork? :pac:

I think the Barry McCarthy surname gave it away. :pac:

This guy tried out for Donald Pleasance's role in Halloween I.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Hanging by sellotape, hope its not the tesco value brand.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

"Save the jobs" etc. If there's demand for the services, those people will get jobs. If not, then that's just the way it is. We cannot keep unsustainable businesses open at the cost of the taxpayer just to keep jobs open which are not required, especially when those companies cannot afford to pay their taxes.

This is bad people, this is bad, but Joe's ok and once Joe's okay everything else is ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Has Joe gone asleep ? What's this guy left rabbiting on talking crap for.

• Advertisement

Hanging by sellotape, hope its not the tesco value brand.

Things are so bad they cant afford a good rope

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement