Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 25/7/12 to 12/10/2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Feck, missed the start.....am tuned to misery fm now though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

syklops wrote: »
    I'm baaaaack!

Yaaaaay!!! Missed ya! ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Joe; ask the caller does the Uncle own a farm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Kind of ironic that this guy is an ex trade union official... it's because of the unions that they cant make the necessary pay cuts (70% of the HSE expense), which forces the Government to make these cuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Should that man not be in a nursing home?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

if you were to do larrys uncle?? what kind of home helps that joe?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Joe must be really struggling to understand that people work for €14 per hour.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

RadioRetro wrote: »
    I resent your comment. I'll have you know that my frail mother can't do without her home help. She helps her shower in the morning, something my mother wouldn't allow myself or my brother to do for obvious reasons. The home help also provides some company for mother as we are not up there every day.
    I completely agree with you. My 85 year old granny suffered a stroke a few years ago but continues to live independently because she has a Home Help (and because our family have a rota in place to support her).

If Home Help hours are cut there will be more elderly people entering nursing homes and that is going to cost the State far more. It now costs over €900 a week for nursing home care.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe to lady home help caller: 'If you were to do Larry's Uncle'

hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

I agree with Joe that local Councillors wages and 'entitlements' (such as that wheeze exposed today) should be slashed before any cuts are made to services like this.

I hope Joe would also agree that RTE salaries are also taking a savage amount from the public purse and should also be cut drastically to more realistic levels.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

She should have returned that question to Joseph "how much are you paid per hour?".

lol.. well done on sorting out that line issue during the break, Joe.

I hope she never has to dial 999 with that shíte phone

Jaysoose wrote: »
    Should that man not be in a nursing home?

He'd find it difficult to present Liveline from one but I suppose to answer your question, then I'd say yes he should.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

My mother did exactly the same with my Grandfather some years back but not every old person in the country has a family to support them. They're not as lucky as your family or mine.
    MrsD007 wrote: »
    I completely agree with you. My 85 year old granny suffered a stroke a few years ago but continues to live independently because of she has a Home Help (and because our family have a rota in place to support her).

If Home Help hours are cut there will be more elderly people entering nursing homes and that is going to cost the State far more. It now costs over €900 a week for nursing home care.

Joe explains to the well-heeled that €9.50 per hour is not €950.00 per hour (about a third of what he gets).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

europa11 wrote: »
    He'd find it difficult to present Liveline from one but I suppose to answer your question, then I'd say yes he should.

well done...i suppose if joe was in a home he wouldnt have to rent a crowd for funny fridays..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

well done...i suppose if joe was in a home he wouldnt have to rent a crowd for funny fridays..
    Captive audience...

The abuse of the elderly will continue............

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Is it on today? Trying to get it on the RTE Player and for some reason I have Radio Netherlands (Bridges with Africa).

Any links to other online players?

EDIT: My bad, I had Radio 1 Extra on. Oops!

• Advertisement

What does he give a text number for? Not as if he ever reads them out.

Oh! I forget, handy revenue earner :rolleyes:

Barking dog is back :D

I think that woman better check her texts, her house must be on fire..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Let the dog in...

another Liveline, another Cujo !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Joe must be really struggling to understand that people work for €14 per hour.:rolleyes:
    When she said €14, Joe should have laughed and said "I wouldn't get out of bed for anything less than €5000". Man of the people

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Let the dog speak

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I'm with the dog on this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

europa11 wrote: »
    What does he give a text number for? Not as if he ever reads them out.

Oh! I forget, handy revenue earner :rolleyes:

RTE text lines are cost neutral

Standard network rates apply

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Larry speaks dog stops

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement