Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 25/7/12 to 12/10/2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

PauloMN wrote: »
    There's a much bigger problem with that 84 year old than a few hours of a home visit. Not excusing the removal of his home help, but he should not be living alone imo.

I think that is the point. It doesnt just cost 9-14 euros per hour to pay a home help. Presumably they have a car and petrol to pay for as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

neris wrote: »
    If it wasnt for joes union buddies minister reilly could cut staff numbers from the back offices in the hse and keep frontline services.

He will not allow that fact to be part of a meaningful debate.

The call screeners jobs depend on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Back after three weeks' holidays - sounds like business as usual on the LL. Thanks be to Jaysus I don't have any relations who are in need of these services.

Did I miss any classic Livelaahn when I was away - any pwnings of Joe for me to listen back to?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

As long as the CPA agreement stays in place there will have to be more front line cuts. Labour need a reality check

What if he wins the lottery and can the afford private care. Surely he still wont be entitled to his free home help as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

I would prefer a revolver and a bottle of whiskey if i had reached that age and was in so much pain
    Or if you were Enda Kenny!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Yakuza wrote: »
    Back after three weeks' holidays - sounds like business as usual on the LL. Thanks be to Jaysus I don't have any relations who are in need of these services.

Did I miss any classic Livelaahn when I was away - any pwnings of Joe for me to listen back to?

Just damo the donkey. Joe took abit more time off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

baldbear wrote: »
    As long as the CPA agreement stays in place there will have to be more front line cuts. Labour need a reality check
    You're sounding good on the phone to Joe there.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Good woman

and Joe jumps straight in defending it:mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

The real failing of this government imo is the complete failure to tackle tax evasion, dole fraud and any cuts to social welfare. If they had done those things properly, we'd probably not be having this discussion.

I hope every single person who doesn't pay their taxes (income, VAT or whatever else), household charge etc., and every dole grabbing layabout listening to this feels guilty for their part in the removal of essential services to vulnerable people.

• Advertisement

Ah SIPTU, when things cant get any worse, SIPTU come along.

Joes activated the hotline to liberty hall

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Yakuza wrote: »

Best is to scan over the thread. I always erase the last hour and 15 minutes out of my mind at 3pm every day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Bitch slapping ahoy!

uh oh !

Savage her:D

What does Larry work at? (if he does)

Why did Joe not let the SIPTU try to answer that womans criticism/question? Instead letting Larry rant about the neo-liberal agenda.

Heres an ideas siptu lady. Let the hse cut the pen pushing wasters & then give home help more hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

If there was every a reason NOT to give RTE more money it is those fkn stupid license ads..

• Advertisement

Press Release

SIPTU campaign to defend Home Help services in Waterford and Tipperary

Date Released: 30 August 2012
    The SIPTU national campaign to defend Home Help services is convening a series of meetings in Waterford and Tipperary during September.
    SIPTU Lead Organiser, Miriam Hamilton, said: “All HSE Home Helps in the Waterford and Tipperary areas are requested to attend one of the meetings. It cannot be emphasised enough how important it is for Home Helps to attend, so they can discuss the growing threat to services in their local area.

“Despite the protection of the Croke Park Agreement, which prioritises the use of Home Helps directly employed by the HSE to provide these vital services, year on year the number of workers employed is being reduced while there is a corresponding increase in the outsourcing of the provision of services to private for-profit companies. This process is eroding the quality professional services which Home Helps currently provide."

Miriam Hamilton added: “The SIPTU Home Helps campaign is focused on defending services for the benefit of workers and their clients.”

SIPTU and the HSE are currently in discussions on contracts of employment for Home Helps. However, these contracts will only partially provide the protection needed against the outsourcing of services.

The campaign meetings in county Waterford are being held in the following venues:

O’Shea’s Hotel, Tramore, at 3.00 p.m. on Tuesday, 4th September.

Portlaw Community Centre, Portlaw, at 7.30 p.m. on Tuesday, 4th September.

SIPTU Office, Summerhill, Waterford City, at 6.00 p.m. on Thursday, 6th September.

The campaign meetings in county Tipperary are being held in the following venues:

SIPTU Office, Anglesea Street, Clonmel, at 3.00 p.m. on Monday, 10th September.

Carrickbeg Community Hall, Carrick-on-Suir, at 6.30 p.m. on Monday, 10th September.

Spafield Family Resource Centre, Old Road, Cashel, at 5.30 p.m. on Tuesday, 11th September.

Kiely’s Bar, Tipperary Town, at 8.00 p.m. on Tuesday 11th September.

http://www.siptu.ie/media/pressreleases2012/fullstory_16476_en.html

Joes Agenda clarified

this item today ties in with a SIPTU campaign kicking off nationwide

We are ON TO YOU Joe

BAI next call

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

:D The railing-painters will love their job being called "mickey mouse".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

There's a lot of large fonts around here today...

If there was every a reason NOT to give RTE more money it is those fkn stupid license ads..

I kind of like them to be honest.

They won't talk me into getting a license though. Considering they are taking 20-30 seconds off of their prime time potential advertising revenue, its no wonder they are in financial trouble.

There's a lot of large fonts around here today...

Joe's agenda needs to be high lighted

They have NO shame

thats the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Joe talking about Vetting procedures...wonder is that why the dog fecked off?

This sh1t would really cheer you up:(

Think he's going to drag the week out of this.

Must have bought a new set of nipple clamps.

• Advertisement

Drek and Brek next.........:eek:

More happiness spills from the airwaves :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement