Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 25/7/12 to 12/10/2012

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

yer man is obsessed with tea and sugar

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

"its a disgrace Joe"

Oh boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

This guy for real. Businesses change suppliers and hes kicking up about it. Get real u twat its called the open market

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

my friend wrote: »
    theres a restaurant near me, must have 10 staff, speaking with one of them NONE of them are on the books

the place is in Business 8 years and theres a Revenue office around the corner

The owner wont put anyone on the books because then he'd have to pay them 8.65

shocking stuff and impossible to compete with

(yes, they are all from a non EU country and the owner has a penchant for expensive German cars)

How is their hair?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Fuinseog wrote: »
    7 euro for a haircut on talbot street. if you are not fussy, why pair more?

I've been going there for the last year (I assume you mean the Polish place?) - great value and a decent cut - though it's not too hard to screw up a number 2 around the sides and trim (what's left of) the top :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

vicwatson wrote: »
    Whos that Wexford guy on whining about the barbers courses?

this fella? :D

mick-wallace-3760-00120269-390x285.jpg

Boombastic wrote: »
    How is their hair?

my point being that the same (its safe to assume) is occurring in the Barber trade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

europa11 wrote: »
    this fella? :D

mick-wallace-3760-00120269-390x285.jpg

Is that mickser macWally?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I don't buy this "They can't even cut hair" argument. You might go somewhere once but if they mess up your hair you won't go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Whos that Wexford guy on whining about the barbers courses?

Here's the man himself -

http://www.wexfordpeople.ie/local-notes/trevor-goodison-40th-birthday-in-bugler-doyles-2119896.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

finally someone points out that caller number number is economical with the truth

Boombastic wrote: »
    Is that mickser macWally?

Clare's tattooed hands didn't give it away? :D

Ah good aul jlc agreements. The ruin of many a small businessand industry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

Fiver Friday...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

The voice of reason. Does he not know your not allowed be reasonable on Liveline.

Would love for Joe to ask if the first guy was really going to pay the barbers 100 euro a day.

'They all came back up to the house. The party went on until 8 o'clock in the morning. It was a great night,' said Trevor this week.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

That last caller is trying to launch a campaign to close the barber shops. It brings a whole new meaning to closing the head shops.

Someone needs to tell fbd its autumn now and summer never came

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭qwert2

surferdudz wrote: »
    Fiver Friday...

Bingo!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Yakuza wrote: »
    I've been going there for the last year (I assume you mean the Polish place?) - great value and a decent cut - though it's not too hard to screw up a number 2 around the sides and trim (what's left of) the top :)

chinnese dude in fairview charges eight euro. friendly and does a good job. went for a haircut in Dorset steet. friendly guy but was worried about the baseball bat he kept. thank christ I had the money on me.
    you cannot walk a kiliometre without encountering a barbers in Dublin. Galway still charges 15 euro for a basic haircut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Insert Funny Friday style joke here:

There were two barbers in my town when I was growing up Joe. We called the first one Barber Amháin, the other one we called.....
    Barbarella-poster.jpg

I'll get me coat.

Buke reviews :eek:

Is it Christmas already?

Another arty farty upset coz sum one doesnt like their work. Get off the air ya whinging git

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

That last caller is trying to launch a campaign to close the barber shops. It brings a whole new meaning to closing the head shops.
    Well we all know Joe has no trouble closing down legitimate businesses with one hand and sympathising with people effected by the recession on the other. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Mannix Flynn. Professional angry man :rolleyes:

gb-and-mannix-flynn.jpg

one bullet, who do you shoot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

europa11 wrote: »
    Clare's tattooed hands didn't give it away? :D

I was thinking about it.. If they were a couple could you imagine the name The Irish Sun would dub them.... (you know like Brangelina)

Claire and Mick..

CLICK

my friend wrote: »
    gb-and-mannix-flynn.jpg

one bullet, who do you shoot?

If you shoot at close range the bullet might go through gabriel byrnes head and then into flynns

I was thinking about it.. If they were a couple could you imagine the name The Irish Sun would dub them.... (you know like Brangelina)

Claire and Mick..

CLICK

i was thinking 'mare !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Claire and Mick..

CLICK

Or Mare.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement