Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 25/7/12 to 12/10/2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

neris wrote: »
    joe do rte pay u to drive to work??

probably not as im sure you have a chauffer

???

No, I think it's called a pilot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

How can Joe do stuff like this without being mortified at his OWN remuneration ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"Fought hammer and nail"...

Was there no teeth available.. :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Yeah, this is to the forefront of my thinking every time I hear joke giving out about the agency hourly rate.. complete hypocrisy.. How much do Joe's makey uppey company (for tax avoidance purposes) charge in FEEES to RTE..

Well he is in such demand he could EASILY get a multiple of that* from any of the many, many, many TV and Radio stations that compete with RTE on a National basis. Oh, wait.....

*In his own head. And that of his agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

the agencies have to make money aswell they have office staff to pay, insurance, over heads and not to mention the employers prsi that they pay for employing these carers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Suzie4

imagine it joe,our own family was left to look after our sick father joe,i mean imagine it joe,the hse are taking our lives away joe..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

As they might have said on Father Ted

"Look at them there, aren't they great? The Chinese Carers; a great bunch of lads"

....and they say we aren't a self-congratulatory race. Anyway, this crowd are so far stuck up their own holes they're never coming back to reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

How can Joe do stuff like this without being mortified at his OWN remuneration ?

No Shame

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

30 mins is a ridiculous schedule....HSE or Care Providers ARE taking advantage of largely female sensitivity ..no way can you enter someones home and interact with your client AND do the listed jobs in a 30 minute shift...

in other jobs people take 15 mins to smoke a fag ,,,FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Don't get don't get

Welcome to the private sector luv. Oh and great way to abide by a secrecy clause _ ring Joe !

• Advertisement

whats her complaint? that she has to work?

you choose to do the job,you are paid for your work...

why is this even on the air?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

130 km a day.. stop spoofing.

Suzie4 wrote: »
    you choose to do the job,you are paid for your work...

why is this even on the air?

Because she wants more benefits..because..

SHE IS ENTITLED to more..

Just because.

Suzie4 wrote: »
    imagine it joe,our own family was left to look after our sick father joe,i mean imagine it joe,the hse are taking our lives away joe..

i mean to say joe,we are taking a job away from a poor unemployed person joe,if we could just get some home help for 25 hrs a week,that would be grand.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Pinko Lonergan on with Moncrieff and tax payer funded shoe polishers with Joe

Great little country

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

and that

joes wondering what this prsi she talks about is

I would GLADLY work for the HSE....how did jd MANAGE TO turn her ambition into a slur on the HSE...

"The taxpayer has to pay much more than they would if you were directly employed by the RTE HSE"

• Advertisement

NON topic of the year goes to this person...

still havent figured out why she is on the air,bar the fact duffy likes her voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Well I think she's only fantastic. If only we had more like her we would be out of the financial mire quick smart, oh yes, she's one in a million.

Will you shut up now, luv?

So she'd work for the HSE "no problem"

So would I love, so would I.

i can honestly say i dont give a fiddlers elbow about you and your troubles sir.

"carers" allowance....money paid to people who look after people they propose to love...to save the state money...LOL...

what a caring society we live in..

How in gods name could joe even contemplate this guys situation..

his faux sympathy is quite pathetic.

the problem is that no one now wants to look after their own family. 14 hours..2 hours a day must be helpful...why can't someone say , thanks..

Jaysoose wrote: »
    How in gods name could joe even contemplate this guys situation..

his faux sympathy is quite pathetic.

look hardly any right thinking person thinks some one should get paid for looking after someone they love..

no sympathy here either .

my friend wrote: »
    Pinko Lonergan on with Moncrieff and tax payer funded shoe polishers with Joe

Great little country

Must have a buke out has he? Was on with the good Doctor Plank yesterday.

an early Contender for Joe's Christmas Buke Poll perhaps?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Going by recent calls to the Liveline, is everyone in this country costing the state more than they contribute?

Whatever happened families and care of same by same?

• Advertisement

europa11 wrote: »
    So she'd work for the HSE "no problem"

The point that all these people seem to miss is that there is a reason why the HSE sees it as a better deal to employ agency staff.... The "entitlements" that the unions have got for their members have effectively made them unemployable.. With agency staff i) they can be sure the person will show up, ii) they can made accountable for their work (and fired if necessary), and iii) they dont have to pay PRSI and pensions, and other perks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement