Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 25/7/12 to 12/10/2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

It's Nell mcCafferty

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Ungrateful angry Nordie Alert

Put ear muffs on any kids close to the radio

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Suzie4

oh god no...not again..that voice sends shivers down my spine...

solution...your family takes care of you..

Move on.

yes go home please...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Suzie4 wrote: »
    look hardly any right thinking person thinks some one should get paid for looking after someone they love..

no sympathy here either .

Are you serious? the guy wasnt looking paid he was complaining about the cuts to the home help which gave him a couple of hours off. Its only right he should get a carers allowance he is saving the state a fortune.

No sympathy? Theres a word for you but it would likely get me banned..

any family lee??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Jaysoose wrote: »
    How in gods name could joe even contemplate this guys situation..

his faux sympathy is quite pathetic.

Joe thinks this guy is trying to survive on €50,000 PER MONTH. That's why he's being sympathetic. He can't imagine such poverty and deprivation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

JD = Ireland's Biggest Stirrer

This woman is very arrogant in her demands

She calls herself a stake holder, the sort of crap bandied about by the liar Ahern while he was bankrupting the country.

I say she should be very grateful.

I also note her political bias, she's failed to acknowledge James O'Reilly

I can't believe they arrived for an all nighter without adequat bedding , and nurishment...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

They got breakfast, sweets, brandy.. :eek:
    No wonder they're not leaving, I'm thinking of heading up there myself..

• Advertisement

Are you serious? the guy wasnt looking paid he was complaining about the cuts to the home help which gave him a couple of hours off. Its only right he should get a carers allowance he is saving the state a fortune.

saving the state a fortune???? the mentality of someone who seems entitled to something.

maybe people should want to look after their elderly relatives ...instead of expecting the state to do it...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Move on! (both of you)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

neris wrote: »
    so will joes topic be for today the reversal of cuts or the child abuse in the church. definitley wont be sunshine lollipops and rainbows

This child abuse you speak of. Is that some sort of new story?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Joseph is doing a lap of honour

Lee!
    Where were you BORN?

I think part of the problem in this country is a lot of people who think they are stakeholders are actually......................steak holders:
    waiter.gif

this woman is actually really annoying..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

i can honestly say i dont give a fiddlers elbow about you and your troubles sir.

"carers" allowance....money paid to people who look after people they propose to love...to save the state money...LOL...

what a caring society we live in..

if you had to give up work next week to look after a sick family member ( and i sincerly hope you dont), how would you finance yourself??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

saving the state a fortune???? the mentality of someone who seems entitled to something.

maybe people should want to look after their elderly relatives ...instead of expecting the state to do it...

Stress for people who have no help looking after relatives often end up as cases of abuse

where do YOU think the savings should come from Joe???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

This is very short sighted. The man was just saying his home help gives him a break to get a small bit of well earned time for himself
    I dont think that any of us, unless having been in a 24 hour caring situation for a spouse/relative can quite contemplate what that's like.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Fair play to this woman. It was people like her who yesterday shamed James Reilly into doing his U-turn. The man is an embarrassment.

Lee you ungrateful Cnut

I have had 8 hours off work in the last 2 days

Busy paying taxes do as you can whine and bitch about your 'entitlements'

Go Fugg yourself Lee, oh that's right , some freaks done it already and I'm covering that tab too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Did you even listen his wife is incapacitated and requires full time care, this would cost the state an absolute fortune. This isnt a man looking for someone to care for his elderly mother so your talking out your arse.

im moving on..nothing good can come of this.

Fighting with SIPTU?!!

Bad line imminent!

Is the great JD calling it a " mini Budget" pompous ass

so where are the protests on the streets...the refusal to pay tax...the strikes ..the new political movements...????

because of all the bailouts and cuts...??

oh no ...sure theres the joe duffy show..we can all call in...and feel like we are doing something..:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Tax payer funded maid

Let's see if he owns his property, then let the state claim it in lieu of services provided

The relatives would be quick to surface

people in this country dont remind me of sheep anymore...

they remind me of suckling baby lambs ...just born...

HELPLESS .

• Advertisement

carefull!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement