Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 25/7/12 to 12/10/2012

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Lady says: No negro zone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Pesky foreighners! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

poor Joe sounds so very exasperated by all this ...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

We can't 'compute it' because everybody wants to fire the 'pen pushers'.

" I;m lucky to have the home help" finally a bit of gratitude...

• Advertisement

I am happy to contribute for this woman's child's care costs

I refuse to fund a house-maid service for oul farmers

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Definitely need to prioritise here. If a gentleman can drive himself around, then the state needs to look at whether he needs daily home support, or if he can pay towards it. The issue that caller had was more to do with her own hours and work situation than the gentleman in question tbh.

Carers like this lady on now need all the support the state can offer, and more. Cut dole to those who should not get it and give carers more.

Suzie4 wrote: »
    has anyone mentioned the legalisation of abortion to prevent these so called future entitlements and care needs no?

no that would be too sensible of course.

CP Often occurs at child birth due to O2 deprivation , your solution is no solution at that point...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Suzie4

did you ever think of all this when you had the child no??

omg i hate the utter uncaring way people just give birth to humans without their consent ,then feel they need to be praised for looking after them..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

has anyone mentioned the legalisation of abortion to prevent these so called future entitlements and care needs no?

no that would be too sensible of course.
    That would open a whole big can of worms

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

oh god no...not again..that voice sends shivers down my spine...

solution...your family takes care of you..

Move on.

yes go home please...
    any family lee??
    saving the state a fortune???? the mentality of someone who seems entitled to something.

maybe people should want to look after their elderly relatives ...instead of expecting the state to do it...

You obviously haven't a fúcking clue what its like to care for someone or be in a positition where care is needed.

You seem concerned anout where your hard earned taxes are going.

Personally I'd prefer my taxes being spent on exactly this kind of thing. Allowing those who, through no fault of their own, cannot take full care of themselves a modicum of dignity and independence is money well spent.

Carers are saving the taxpayer far more than you will ever contribute.

Cop yourself on, learn a little about the subject at hand before coming on here whoring for the rest of us to hit the thanks button.

oh I see, so its self assessment ? sound very efficient ..

omg i hate the utter uncaring way people just give birth to humans without their consent ,then feel they need to be praised for looking after them..
    As the woman said, the CP occured because of a premature birth. She did not chose that.

i know fully about caring for a dying mother with cancer.

so lapin how about you realise,i know exactly what im talking about ,then re read my posts...and you might learn something.

i no more need your thanks than i need to read your ill informed abuse.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

You hate the uncaring way people give birth to humans without their consent, yet you reckon we'd save a fortune if we just aborted any of the troublesome ones?

Wow. Just wow. :eek:

so lapin how about you realise,i know exactly what im talking about ,then re read my posts...and you might learn something.

Sorry to hear about your mother but you were lucky if your family was able to look after your mother. Not everyone is in circumstances that enable them to look after ill family members.

As the woman said, the CP occured because of a premature birth. She did not chose that.

i was making a general point. when it occured would only apply if it was after the birth.

im sure there are plenty of people out there who rely on the state for care,but hadnt the bravery do go ahead with the abortion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Your posts are astounding in their lack of empathy, moreso that you have cared for a dying mother.

Sorry to hear about your mother but you were lucky if your family was able to look after your mother. Not everyone is in circumstances that enable them to look after ill family members.

my point is...people need to make sacrifices for people they proport to love..

no one seems to understand this...hence they expect and think they deserve help from the state.

Your posts are astounding in their lack of empathy, moreso that you have cared for a dying mother.

i dont empathise with weak people who decide to rely on the state ,rather than bite the bullet and do what they should do themselves.

what happened when there werent home care helps,or the likes.??

People HAD to look after their loved ones.

Simple.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

no one seems to understand this...hence they expect and think they deserve help from the state.

I doubt anyone would dispute that but at the same time when it comes to 24 hour care I certainly wouldn't deny anyone a couple of hours a day state funded help to give them a small break.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

A welcome change of subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

The state has a duty of care to all of its citizens, and a greater one to those who don't have the means to look after themselves. The man earlier with the sick partner didn't want to have the state do all of his work, just some respite in the form of a few free hours a day. If he wasn't around, the cost to the state would be far greater.

I doubt anyone would dispute that but at the same time when it comes to 24 hour care I certainly wouldn't deny anyone a couple of hours a day state funded help to give them a small break.

and so you eventually get my point...so a couple of hours...if you have to look after someone 24 hrs a day..ok

that would be 14 hours a week...which is what the guy was getting who was moaning about it..

Yakuza wrote: »
    The state has a duty of care to all of its citizens, and a greater one to those who don't have the means to look after themselves. The man earlier with the sick partner didn't want to have the state do all of his work, just some respite in the form of a few free hours a day. If he wasn't around, the cost to the state would be far greater.

he was getting 14 hours help...and still moaning..that was my point!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

The state should be there to help people in that very position.

Not everyone can make the sacrifices you demand to look after a loved one.

How can they pay the costs if they give up their job? How can you after someone if you lose the roof over your head ?

Such actions will ultimately cost the state a lot more in the long run.

Also, your mother was fortunate to have family around. Not everyone has that. You really should try to be more understanding of others.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

and so you eventually get my point...so a couple of hours...if you have to look after someone 24 hrs a day..ok

that would be 14 hours a week...which is what the guy was getting who was moaning about it..

Was he not "moaning" about the fact that those hours were going to be cut?

PauloMN wrote: »
    You hate the uncaring way people give birth to humans without their consent, yet you reckon we'd save a fortune if we just aborted any of the troublesome ones?

Wow. Just wow. :eek:

yeah thats true...makes perfect sense...why do you think people have abortions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"Some of my best friends are rally people"

• Advertisement

Can everyone chill

I'm sure that some thoughts are been lost in translation

People have different ways of looking at things and nobody here was saying the most defenceless should not be granted every comfort

It appears all schemes in Ireland are abused

Surprised the coeliacs weren't on complaining today re their food 'entitlements'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement