Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 25/7/12 to 12/10/2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

No funny friday? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Striaght in with death.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Death and Hospital Car Parking combo.

Off to a flyer Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

tedious amount of detail.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Her day can only get better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

The "bitch" bit was implied... :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

"the woman is in bits"

"dont call me a bitch!"

Terrible line! Terrible line!! :D

by the way..there is an appeals system,,, 50% success rate
    she made a mistake...unfortunate , but her mistake all the same

"The doctors and nurses were fantaaaastick Joe, but those car park attendants are barstewards Joe"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Jaysus - can the caller not put himself in the mindset of the person at the other end of the phone? Of course they've heard these stories before - how are they expected to tell the genuine cases from the chancers?

• Advertisement

"2/3rds of people who ring in from hospitals....." you are such a stirrer JD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I have my doubts about that two thirds figure.

do not buckle David...

surferdudz wrote: »
    "2/3rds of people who ring in from hospitals....." you are such a stirrer JD

Moochers, Joe, Moochers..

no ..its an incentive to DISPLAY A TICKET>..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

If youve a death related story your at tge top of the calls que. The fresher the death the quicker you get on.

Joe dave cullen will you eat u & this lad apart.....

Jesus thats a license to print money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Waffle...clamping income only.

Bullcrap being talked here an incentive to clamp, €80 a pop.

Private clampers have no authority what so ever..no legal standing at all i wish joe would pull him up that his company are basically extorting money from people.

Ah how the f*ck are car park people supposed to know the circumstances of people at the hospital, if it was a case of playing the old soldier everytime every Tom, Dick and Joe:) would be leaving without a ticket and a ready-to-tell sob story..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I don't see the problem if you can claim the release fee back, once you prove you paid for a ticket.

Obviously the PR skills could be improved, especially when dealing with people coming in and out of a hospital.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I can't imagine I'd have the ability to muster a complaint after a family death, would be last thing on my mind.

surferdudz wrote: »
    no ..its an incentive to DISPLAY A TICKET>..

Most places you go in, you take the ticket, you put it in your pocket and you pay when you go out. You cant get out until you pay.

Why is this one any different?

If this was ryanair, Joe would be lambasting them for trying to catch people out. It is in the interests of the company for people to make mistakes and get clamped.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I've never met a reluctant clamper. "Reluctantly" me hole.
    Clamping is illegal in Scotland and AFAIK about to be made illegal in England and Wales.

oh-the-huge-manatee.jpg

If you appeal, it would be most likely that you would be refunded (cos you're on the Joe Duffy show)..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

So they basically make it as awkward as humanly possible.

So what if people have handed their ticket over the time is paid for what difference does it make it somebody takes the spot?

syklops wrote: »
    Most places you go in, you take the ticket, you put it in your pocket and you pay when you go out. You cant get out until you pay.

Why is this one any different?

If this was ryanair, Joe would be lambasting them for trying to catch people out. It is in the interests of the company for people to make mistakes and get clamped.

he already admitted they made a mistake by not displaying....annoying for them of course, and they CAN appeal , but their mistake all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Simplest solution here is a Pay on Exit system. For example St. James Hospital has (or had) it and bar the cost, it works well. No need to constantly worry about having to get out any buy another ticket.

In places like this I always hand over my ticket if there's time remaining to someone coming in, and I've been on the receiving end of this too. So if the feickers seeme put such a ticket in my car, even if it has an hour left on it, they'll clamp me. Retarded system.

Is there clamping in Lourdes?

• Advertisement

how is heading to Lourdes relevant?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement