Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 25/7/12 to 12/10/2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

"Not church bashing"......sounds like it.

Surely they're entitled to expect someone who is acting as a godparent to a child being baptised to be a member of the same Church.

(not that I give a fiddlers' but isn't the theory regarding godparents about them helping in the raising of kid as a Catholic or whatever, rather than just showing up for the pisss-up)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Eh. Godparents have no legal standing, what is Joe on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I bet Father Iggy is ringing up as we speak :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Surely you would tick.."Yes" and let the church be none the wiser..

stupid people not playing the game very well is not news.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Limbo?? Shur Limbo is gone!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I had a Magnum at lunchtime (no recession in my house :D!). The stick was not inserted properly and after one bite, the weight of the remaining ice cream was too much for the stick and the ice cream fell to the ground. I was disappointed but I got over it immediately because I'm an adult.

However, after a few minutes of Lahv Lahn I feel I should call in to Joe to discuss the minutiae of ice cream structural engineering, weights and measures, ice cream stick technology and various ice creams with Joe and a representative from Unilever/HB.

It's possibly as relevant as some of this week's callers.

I will of course ask Joe how his leg is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

Is this clown retarded...... Follow the rules .....sign the paper that your catholic and let it go to another church . Brown envelope anyone!!!

sudzs wrote: »
    Limbo?? Shur Limbo is gone!! :rolleyes:

No it isn't :D

3413205092_3535cebfeb.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Was that the liveline caller on that Sky ad.... "One needs one's tv to have digital etc etc"

Jesus, Sky picked up Rhoda pretty quickly to do the VO for that ad!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I had a Magnum at lunchtime (no recession in my house :D!). The stick was not inserted properly and after one bite, the weight of the remaining ice cream was too much for the stick and the ice cream fell to the ground. I was disappointed but I got over it immediately because I'm an adult.

However, after a few minutes of Lahv Lahn I feel I should call in to Joe to discuss the minutiae of ice cream structural engineering, weights and measures, ice cream stick technology and various ice creams with Joe and a representative from Unilever/HB.

But but but, was it a white magnum OR an almond magnum we're dealing with?
    Almonds are heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Today's show:

'I don't like the rules waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! There should be an exception for me waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!'

Irish people make me sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

In the current economic climate, where people are already stretched, it's a disgrace. You spend €18,000/week on chocolate and can't afford the childers school clothes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

europa11 wrote: »
    No it isn't :D

limbo_kids.jpg

Just what I was thinking.....haha. Well done.

Jaysus, for a second there I thought it was Funny Friday :eek:

Joseph O'Connor flashbacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

the guy said to me..you should have gone...to specsavers..............boom

Almonds are heavy.

It was the "Infiniti". Now that I think of it Joe would REALLY love this topic as he could ask Unilever/HB why they were falsely advertising an ice cream that claims last forever, yet doesn't!

Almonds are heavy.

It was the "Infiniti". Now that I think of it Joe would REALLY love this topic as he could ask Unilever/HB why they were falsely advertising an ice cream that claims last forever, yet doesn't!

Try explaining to a 4 year old that "NO, it doesn't grow back" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

All he would do in that situation would be to bring on some incoherent,decrepit,rambling old b0llox would used to wash the HB delivery horses in the 50's, and get the whole show out of it

I'm pretty sure it would be easier to explain it to a 4 year old than to explain it to Joe!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Ha ha, out in the middle of the country side. He doesn't know the area very well.

All he would do in that situation would be to bring on some incoherent,decrepit,rambling old b0llox would used to wash the HB delivery horses in the 50's, and get the whole show out of it

Laughed so hard at this, nearly sick :D

A salt-a-dee-eart "in the rare auld times" type person? On Lahv Lahn?! No way!:D

I'm pretty sure it would be easier to explain it to a 4 year old than to explain it to Joe!

Good point, well made :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

"It's another little form of taxation, like the tolls.."
    And the TV LICENCE! I'd say the f-word is said on liveline more often than the TV L-word

Dan! Dan! Dan! Get off the phone!

alan-partridge.jpg

Muttering away to himself (as only he can)....."another form of taxation like the Tolls"

or the Licence Fee Joe :mad: mention that next time you're giving out about stealth taxes....ye ould bollox:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Nah, Joe has pull in this industry.. He would have got the kid that ran up from the fields with the bucket of Hazelbrook farm..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

europa11 wrote: »
    Muttering away to himself (as only he can)....."another form of taxation like the Tolls"

or the Licence Fee Joe :mad: mention that next time you're giving out about stealth taxes....ye ould bollox:cool:
    I actually hope the TV licence goes up, just so it makes it onto liveline.

• Advertisement

Current caller:

tumblr_m95rx0ybtb1qac1f0.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement