Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 25/7/12 to 12/10/2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭abacus120

What a lovely tribute to Cathy,such a sad story,i cried all through the song,and i think joe genuinely was upset,you would want to be pretty hard to not be touched by Cathy's story

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

withless wrote: »
    Why is it shameful?

its shameful cos we live in a first world country , but provide a third world health system.

I am surprised Joesph did not mention the Pakistani fighting for his life after been stabbed with a blood filled syringe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Fuinseog wrote: »
    its shameful cos we live in a first world country , but provide a third world health system.
    Have you ever seen a third world hospital?

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Goat the dote

If it was me I would go outside his house and torch the money infront if him. Judge makes it seem ok if he can pay up, she's not a hooker.

I hope that b*stard "drops the soap" every day he's there in prison.

• Advertisement

Have you ever seen a third world hospital?

not personally. friends have though and they said it was better than Irish hospitals. counter question- have you ever spent a day waiting on chair waiting to see a doctor and two days on a trolley in a busy corridor?

I hope that b*stard "drops the soap" every day he's there in prison.

thats why they invented soap on a rope

• Registered Users Posts: 6,965 ✭✭✭furiousox

He'll probably get 10 years with the last 9 and a half suspended.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Aren't these just buzzwords that dumb people use to sound important? Not that I'm accusing you of anything like that.

not personally. friends have though and they said it was better than Irish hospitals. counter question- have you ever spent a day waiting on chair waiting to see a doctor and two days on a trolley in a busy corridor?
    Would you say you had a First World education?

• Advertisement

Would you say you had a First World education?
    are you trolling or do you seriously think we have an efficient health system?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

are you trolling or do you seriously think we have an efficient health system?
    The Irish health system has problems but if you think you can compare third world hospitals with Irish hospitals, then you either haven't seen a third world hospital, or are trolling yourself.

The Irish health system has problems but if you think you can compare third world hospitals with Irish hospitals, then you either haven't seen a third world hospital, or are trolling yourself.

you seem to be located in France so what do you know about Irish hospitals?

i have reason to visit hospitals , especially outside the Pale.

third world hospitals will not keep you waiting several hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

Why is it shameful?

The 12 year wait cystic fibrosis suffers in Ireland had, just to get a dedictated unit to treat them is shameful.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0730/breaking48.html

I remember a lot of young callers, who had cystic fibrosis, on Liveline eloquently highlighting the need for this. Sadly some of them have since died.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

you seem to be located in France so what do you know about Irish hospitals?

i have reason to visit hospitals , especially outside the Pale.

third world hospitals will not keep you waiting several hours.

Just because someone is located in France doesn't make them French no more than me being located in a garage makes me a mechanic.

For what it's worth the Irish health care service IS a shambles but it is NOWHERE near 3rd world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Anyways, wonder what's on the lavhline agenda for today?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

probably the Seapoint Tragedy Murders ....

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Wall to wall crime today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Nah, Maeve Binchy I reckon. It has everything, illness, death and luvvies.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Nah, Maeve Binchy I reckon. It has everything, illness, death and luvvies.

No mention of her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

I reckon it'll be maeve too.

Ya can practically hear Joe fapping away already

She's media establishment. They just won't be able to help themselves. My only query will ve just how over the top it becomes.

Lollers wrote: »
    The 12 year wait cystic fibrosis suffers in Ireland had, just to get a dedictated unit to treat them is shameful.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0730/breaking48.html

I remember a lot of young callers, who had cystic fibrosis, on Liveline eloquently highlighting the need for this. Sadly some of them have since died.
    Don't you think that the government of the day shares a responsibility for that? And thus the people who repeatedly voted for that government?
    3 cheers for Bertie!
    An Irish solution for an Irish problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

whatever he mentions at 1245 never ends up as what is discussed. that 1245 segment is nearly like false advertising. id say joe is sitting in rte practicing his eulogising for maeve binchy now. id say theres "fantastics" and "brilliant" ringing round the corridors of the radio centre now

Will anyone mention her morbid obesity?

no, just as The Ippy campaign never addressed skincare, UV Cream and Irish peoples need to avoid the Sun

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

excuse the pun but that is the elephant in the room! joe doesn't do elephants in rooms!

I was thinking, the mammy from yesterdays show, Catherine from Kerry

Joe should give her a regular slot.

who binchy or the ippy woman?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Joe will hardly be in any position to criticise, he seems to have developed a fondness for the sweet things in life himself.:D

joe-duffy.jpg

Have to agree though, luvvie/celeb death has trumped everything on RTE today, everyone falling over themselves and chic-lit:rolleyes: authors filling the airwaves since daybreak with their favourite Maeve stories.

No way will Duffer miss out on the grieving. I expect a "funny friday" style line up of Z-list celebs along with chic-lit and wannabee authors, who will no doubt regale us with their personal one-on-ones'.

• Advertisement

pauline mcglynn, that twat amanda bunker, the o kane idiot and the x trolley dolly as the chick chit authors and joe giving em all a free plug telling how wonderful n artisitic they are.... vomit

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement