Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 25/7/12 to 12/10/2012

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Who was Cathy Durkan ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Suzie4 wrote: »
    See this type of ignorance is depressing.

alan ryan had a garda car following him around allof the time..on the day he got blown away ..no garda to be seen.

If you dont believe the guards know who all the big drug dealers are and are in their pockets,then you are the naive one.

nothing to do with moon landings..

suzie! are you trying to fall out with us?

Lapin wrote: »
    Who was Cathy Durkan ?

mursheen's ma?
    So goodbye, Muirsheen Durkin, I'm sick and tired of working,
    No more I'll dig the praties, no longer I'll be poor.
    For as sure as me name is Carney
    I'll be off to California, where instead of digging praties
    I'll be digging lumps of gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Lapin wrote: »
    Who was Cathy Durkan ?

The woman who had cancer and was on liveline asking for the drug "Ippi" to be made available. Remember Joe had us all convinced that Ippi was a miracle cure, but despite his forcing the HSE to provide Ippi, she died in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Suzie4

my friend wrote: »
    suzie! are you trying to fall out with us?

just telling it like it is my friend..dont take it personally and we call still sleep in the same bed..;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

sudzs wrote: »
    The woman who had cancer and was on liveline asking for the drug "Ippi" to be made available. Remember Joe had us all convinced that Ippi was a miracle cure, but despite his forcing the HSE to provide Ippi, she died in the end.

on a serious note, it might save future lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

ThisRegard wrote: »
    You'll need to be able to spend 10 minutes describing the make up of the stick, and you need to pick a phrase that can be repeated after every sentence. Once you master that, go knock yourself out.

If you're really bored (and I mean REALLY bored), go back through my posts (or to last Friday's part of the thread) to find it. It's definitely news Lahv Lahn worthy.

Fuinseog wrote: »
    on a serious note, it might save future lives.

no. I posted on the CT Data, that Drug is merely a misery extender in limited cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

If you're really bored (and I mean REALLY bored), go back through my posts (or to last Friday's part of the thread) to find it. It's definitely news Lahv Lahn worthy.

Be sure to clarify whether it cost you €2.00 or €200 or €2,000 and throw around the word devastated a lot - you got the gig call 1850 Lahv Lahn

• Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭furiousox

no. I posted on the CT Data, that Drug is merely a misery extender in limited cases.

Only if taken between 1.45 and 3.00 daily.

CPL 593H

• Advertisement

telekon wrote: »
    Had a look out the window there. Nope, no British army. :confused:

Did you check up your sleevies?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Suzie4 wrote: »
    alan ryan had a garda car following him around allof the time..on the day he got blown away ..no garda to be seen.

So if the gardai were tailing him all the time, why didnt they arrest him when he was shooting his rivals, or threatening pub owners? Cops dont have the resources to follow all gangsters all of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Oh, I read it at the time, and it was fascinating, really. But can you string it out for a half hour on Liveline ? Are you up there with the best wafflers this country can be proud of ?

I want Cheese dippers (aka Mozzarella sticks) but mcDs had none, the staff member was very dismissive of my disappointment at them being out of stock

perhaps I shall call Joe?

I want Cheese dippers (aka Mozzarella sticks) but mcDs had none, the staff member was very dismissive of my disappointment at them being out of stock

perhaps I shall call Joe?

Go for it, but make sure your tale of woe is long winding and confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭furiousox

Just heard from someone who was in Dunnes Stores in Donaghmede SC that a swarm descended just before the funeral and cleaned the place out of black trousers, black ties and white shirts. :pac:

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

furiousox wrote: »
    Just heard from someone who was in Dunnes Stores in Donaghmede SC that a swarm descended just before the funeral and cleaned the place out of black trousers, black ties and white shirts. :pac:

Question is did they pay for the items? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Oh, I read it at the time, and it was fascinating, really. But can you string it out for a half hour on Liveline ? Are you up there with the best wafflers this country can be proud of ?

Wouldn't class myself as a waffler, but as the proud :rolleyes:creator of the attached, I think I have enough ammunition to keep Joe enthralled for at least 30mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Wouldn't class myself as a waffler, but as the proud :rolleyes:creator of the attached, I think I have enough ammunition to keep Joe enthralled for at least 30mins.

Particularly like "Childers hostible". But but but where's "it's a DISGRACE"?

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Molloys Clondalkin

I dont see an ahhh jayssus or hold the phone away from you maureen on it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

And how does that make you feel?

sligojoek wrote: »
    And how does that make you feel?

Devastated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Transcript of some of Joe's conversation with Paul on Broadsheet just now: http://www.broadsheet.ie/2012/09/12/talking-to-joe/#comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

Let me phone first. its raining in Templemore today when Jean Byrne said it wouldnt rain at all. Its a disgrace, so it is.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

What's up for today folks? Will we get a full week out of the RIRA lads (who just happen to have all the time in the world for their style of "communihy wuurk" cause they've no jobs, and are happy to scrounge dole from a state they do not recognise, while criticing the police service that they also don't recognise)?

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    Let me phone first. its raining in Templemore today when Jean Byrne said it wouldnt rain at all. Its a disgrace, so it is.

but make sure you talk about the IMF and other topics as well so nobody has an idea what you are on about. Speak fast, put the phone in your mouth and see if you can get through the rant without breathing.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

but make sure you talk about the IMF and other topics as well so nobody has an idea what you are on about. Speak fast, put the phone in your mouth and see if you can get through the rant without breathing.

Can't believe you forgot the mandatory barking dog.... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

PauloMN wrote: »

Can't believe you forgot the mandatory barking dog.... :mad:

I can provide the dog, she's been wanting to talktejoeee for weeks.
    It seems I, as her carer haven't hoovered out her bed in nigh on two weeks now..... Deyeeeknowwharrrameeeein?

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

And the door bell ringing and the phone vibrating in your mouth from people texting you to tell you that you are on the radio

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

surely Hillsborough will get a mention today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement