Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 25/7/12 to 12/10/2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I didnt think he was going to dedicate half the show to that. But he did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

its 3.03 whats going on :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Having failed to draw tears today, I think Joe should have waited on to interview Mooney on the death of the barn owl...tears would flow methinks

signostic wrote: »
    Having failed to draw tears today, I think Joe should have waited on to interview Mooney on the death of the barn owl...tears would flow methinks

Joe:"And tell me Derek. What colour was the Barn Owl?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

syklops wrote: »
    Joe:"And tell me Derek. What colour was the Barn Owl?"
    And how did you feeeeel Derek when you saw the cold lifeless corpse of your beloved owel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

An wha was yor owels difference Derek ya know before he dy ed

And how did you feeeeel Derek when you saw the cold lifeless corpse of your beloved owel?

Joe:"When you heard that it was the oil that had killed your beloved dear friend. Did you say anything? Did you heh heh, did you heh, did you say "Oil I avenge you my feathered friend heh"
    Derek:"Its too soon for jokes Joe"
    Joe:"Sorry Derek, sorry. Did you consider suicide?"
    Derek:"No, I was cut up about it certainly, but I wasn't that low"
    Joe:"No, I meant do you think the owl committed suicide. By jumping into the oil. Maybe the pressure of being on screen 24 hours a day, having to remain well preened at all times, seeing the comments on twitter.... Do you think it was too much.
    Derek:"I didnt think of it, but now you mention it.... Could this have been my fault? Could I have prevented this from happening? Maybe if I'd turned the stream off at night for his own privacy, maybe.... maybe he'd still be here..... sniffs
    Joe:"Let it out Derek. You weren't to know you were slowly smothering him with fame and fortune. You weren't to know you would send him to an early oily grave. Let the flood gates open Derek, let it out....
    Derek:"What have I done?!?
    Joe:"yeah yeah yeah"<sighs>

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

"Joe, I was with 'a friend' and it was as hard for him as I found it hard Joe ;) ....and equally hard to say Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! to Barney"

DerekMooney.jpg

Who oiled up the bird?

Who oiled up the bird?

Brek mistook the bird for her snack box dinner.

• Advertisement

Joe:"When you heard that it was the oil that had killed your beloved dear friend. Did you say anything? Did you heh heh, did you heh, did you say "Oil I avenge you my feathered friend heh"
    Joe:"No, I meant do you think the owl committed suicide. By jumping into the oil. Maybe the pressure of being on screen 24 hours a day, having to remain well preened at all times, seeing the comments on twitter.... Do you think it was too much.
    Derek:"I didnt think of it, but now you mention it.... Could this have been my fault? Could I have prevented this from happening? Maybe if I'd turned the stream off at night for his own privacy, maybe.... maybe he'd still be here..... sniffs
    Joe:"Let it out Derek. You weren't to know you were slowly smothering him with fame and fortune. You weren't to know you would send him to an early oily grave. Let the flood gates open Derek, let it out....
    Excellent but he wouldn't say committed suicide...can't remember the stupid euphemism he uses though...

Excellent but he wouldn't say committed suicide...can't remember the stupid euphemism he uses though...

Your right, he would say "Died by suicide"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Skylops...I think a call from the RTE Drama Dept to you is eminent ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

europa11 wrote: »
    "Joe, I was with 'a friend' and it was as hard for him as I found it hard Joe ;) ....and equally hard to say Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! to Barney"

DerekMooney.jpg
    Mooney looks like he just sat on Dermot's "cucumber"

Ooohh Matron!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Danny Ellis on with Pat Kenny now.. If he sings that Tommy Bonnar song, I'll never feel safe to switch on the radio at this hour again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Danny Ellis on with Pat Kenny now.. If he sings that Tommy Bonnar song, I'll never feel safe to switch on the radio at this hour again.

Sounds like he had a sh1tty childhood - abject poverty followed by his mother basically offloading him to an orphanage :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I cant see Gaga ringing him looking to cover it..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Joe thinks poverty is a makey upy fantasy world. He thinks everyone is on €950 an hour

Yakuza wrote: »
    Sounds like he had a sh1tty childhood - abject poverty followed by his mother basically offloading him to an orphanage :eek:

with a childhood like that, i'll be surprised if he hasnt recieved a call from the liveline researchers has'nt rang into liveline for todays show to talk about it.

would somebody fix Joe Dolans fooking car so i dont have to hear that promo again

• Advertisement

who in the genral public do the DAA send letters of authority to? Wouldnt even think Michael OLeary thinks their letters are authority

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Good man joe ask him to tell his story then interrupt him and bring him off the topic at hand.

Thought you could not do that without trading as the company name

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

neris wrote: »
    who in the genral public do the DAA send letters of authority to? Wouldnt even think Michael OLeary thinks their letters are authority

Was just about to post this...WTF?? Joe think because he can wave people through security the DAA is now an official body.....

would somebody fix Joe Dolans fooking car so i dont have to hear that promo again
    Is that ad better or worse than hearing about South Georgia, the size of your thumb?

Thought you could not do that without trading as the company name

Don't get me started on the IEDR. I used to be a Hostmaster. :mad:

sounds like the kind of bullying & threatening letters or emails you get from county councils. they always threaten courts and costs

Is that ad better or worse than hearing about South Georgia, the size of your thumb?

worse, especially after hearing it every day for what feels like the last 10 years.

He will probably get 5 times whats it worth if he is dealing with a county council

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

It's hardly the stuff of popular discussion. Feck all people will be interested in this, can't see why they decided to lead off with it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement