Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 25/7/12 to 12/10/2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Did ANYONE stop?

The ex pat wan wouldn't be able to spend all day on the beach if she stopped!.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

sudzs wrote: »
    It isn't the fast lane, it's the overtaking lane!!! :rolleyes:

Motors is thataway--->
    does Joe not realise that the 999 number is now redundant, when anything happens and i mean anything, most people seem to dial 1850 715 815 instead.
    Naah, it's 0118-999-881-999-119-7253:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Mooney Tunes offs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Dear God, I'd say Dermot Morgan is rolling in his grave.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Tales of old Dubalin town today with Guineys closing i would imagine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Tales of old Dubalin town today with Guineys closing i would imagine

Joe will be cranking up his Ballyer accent for the day if so, and no shortage of Salt-of-de-erts to express amazement that the store is closing despite them buying 'everything' and spending their every last cent there for decades on end.....or given the likely demographic, "quid, shilling, penny and powend" will be the currency terminology in vogue.

Bingo call on "and didn't yer owan blessed mudder shop in Guineys, Joe"

......wonder if he'll manage to squeeze a few deaths in. Was there ever a fire there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

europa11 wrote: »
    ......wonder if he'll manage to squeeze a few deaths in. Was there ever a fire there?

I heard him mention Suicide on the RC show, so yes thankfully there will be Doom and Gloom :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

I nearly 'died' when I had to wear the crimpoline trousers me ma got there, will that do? Will I ring, will I... will I????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Caller:"Dare was d day wen dat man got hit by d tram. di ya remember dat Joe? God, lord, wasn't it awful. It turned out he wasn't right in himself and he he just lept in front a it, and sure the driver could do nothin. Like he couldn't swerve cuz it was a tram, di ya get me? Hello are you dare Joe?
    Joe;"Yeah I'm still here."
    Caller:"And dare was people all around and dey was crying so dey was, and I was dare wit me bit of shopping, and what was I in tow-an for? Oh yeah I had to go out to me sisters, she wasn't well and i brought her a bit of coddle I had made d night before, and I went in to clearys to look arou-and, and that reminds me Joe, isnt it terrible about Clearys? I heard its be-en taken over by a namerican fir-em. Will we still be able to pay in di you-rows, or will I have to get dollars? I think I have some dollars from the ty-am my cousin came to visit me, and I remember we went into Guineys, or did you hear about Guineys, or isn't it terrible Joe. Where will we go for da bit of shoppin now Joe?

I wonder if the you-won't-get-a-grant-unless-you've-paid-your-household-charge issue get a mention?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Yakuza wrote: »
    I wonder if the you-won-get-a-grant-unless-you've-paid-your-household-charge issue get a mention?

lol Bingo! well done well done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

who can afford to pay two euro a week?

Actually narrating out loud that you're thinking of buying a TV license is actually the easier option. Its just not as productive as going to the Post Office.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

stir it up there Joe,

Is this Joe Higgins' brother?........in Germany :eek:

yer man is ringing from Germany where if you get a student grant you have to pay half of it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

Fuinseog wrote: »
    who can afford to pay two euro a week?
    definitely not the poor students..........ahem..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

syklops wrote: »
    Actually narrating out loud that you're thinking of buying a TV license is actually the easier option. Its just not as productive as going to the Post Office.

I'm sitting here looking at my reminder to pay 160 F88King for mine, I hate paying it, of all the things I have to pay this one kills me :mad:

surferdudz wrote: »
    definitely not the poor students..........ahem..

Sure how would a poor student afford a six pack of dutch gold if he had to pay student grants himself?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 Phat Willie

What an accent

• Advertisement

pc7 wrote: »
    I'm sitting here looking at my reminder to pay 160 F88King for mine, I hate paying it, of all the things I have to pay this one kills me :mad:

you still have to pay it even if you do not have RTE or TV3.

children as hostages
    won't someone think of the children?

What an accent

where are the dubs today?

if there is a crowd worse than the black and tans its that crowd in clare county council

I think it isn't fair to equate one with the other; the grant (payable to the student) shouldn't depend on the actions of their parents. It's a subtle form of extortion.

I disagree with the emotive use of the word "children" - most 3rd level grants are payable to students over the age of 18, no?

'Clare County Council worse than The Black and Tans'

ffs man will you cop yourself on there.

pc7 wrote: »

I bought a 32inch tv back in the 'good times' and had it for months for watching DVDs on. One week after I got UPC in, I had an inspector at the door wanting to see my license. I told him it was in the post. I went spitting and raging the next day to get the license and really, grudgingly handed over the 160 quid.

"The black and tans wouldn't do that"

I hope he means the hunt. Machine gunning kids was more the other Black and Tans style.

syklops wrote: »
    Sure how would a poor student afford a six pack of dutch gold if he had to pay student grants himself?

steal it from a house party

Fuinseog wrote: »
    you still have to pay it even if you do not have RTE or TV3.

?

Once there is a tv in the house you have to pay whether you use it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The councils are under pressure because of the obscene wages they pay their staff

Does this guys Third-level student offspring know that their father still refers to them as "children"?

• Advertisement

they should be allowed to pay the two euro a week in installments.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement