Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 25/7/12 to 12/10/2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Anyone know what the company has raised for charity has got to do with his attempted rape?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Homer+Rock+Bottom.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

I'm sure all us gurls would much rather be sexually assaulted by a competent predator than an incompetetent one. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

surferdudz wrote: »
    i almost feel sorry for Lyons.......... ( eh..not..)

For having to sponsor Joe Duffy?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Putting that man on the Radio, a man who is a sex offender now is wrong. I dont care what he done in the past. He is a sex offender.

I dont care what his family suffer. They stood by him

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I'm getting so angry listening to this :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Funny that all the recent cases of lenient sentences, Joe is now defending one. The one who rang liveline before.
    Make sure you get onto Liveline, if you even do something dodgy in the future at least Joe will go easy on you

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

And now I've lost my stream, maybe its divine intervention to save my blood pressure levels.

Mine is gone as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

pc7 wrote: »
    And now I've lost my stream, maybe its divine intervention to save my blood pressure levels.
    Gone here too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Joe is advocating the rapists family are more important than the victim.poor tony lyons.

Judges live on a different planet

I have nothing but contempt for judges... They are treated like sacred cows, showered in jewels by the state, and apparently beyond reproach (as Joe Duffy demonstrated yesterday)..

The contrast in the judge's ridiculously over the top description of Sean Quinn last week, compared to the leniency show to Lyons, compared to the ridiculous jailing of that man Paul Begley for importing Garlic...

Jail should be for holding people that are a DANGER to society.. Businessman should be hit in the pocket (which will be of BENEFIT to the state), not locked up... A monetary fine for a man who is a danger to society is not a suitable punishment..

(boxing just starting on RTE TWO, John Joe Nevin)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Gone here too.

Looks like RTÉ.ie is down

Bosco makes an appearance

Wonder are people trying to get online to see John Joes fight at 2, or if even the live lahnnnnn airwaves are so pissed off listening to this bull sh*t. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Character witnesses in my arse. I wonder what these character witnesses think of how that b'stard tried to cynically come up with the pathetic excuse of using cholesterol medication as an explanation for his actions?? :mad:

"If I steal a chicken in Dunnes Stores, I'll end up in jail for three years"..

I spat my pasta all over the desk.. :pac::pac:

Putting that man on the Radio, a man who is a sex offender now is wrong. I dont care what he done in the past. He is a sex offender.

I dont care what his family suffer. They stood by him

talk to joe and say that and you will get cut off.
    joe seems to think he is a saint.

Why is this still being discussed on RTE. It's like listening to a few gossips over the back fence. It's the bizarre sentencing that should be getting highlighted here. :(

Don't know if its legal to say this (apologies mods if it isn't), but who's to say this is the first crime of this nature this man has committed (first he's been caught and found guilty of). Do you at his age suddenly just do something like this?

(again just wondering)

Oh stream back.

Elmo wrote: »
    Looks like RTÉ.ie is down

Bosco makes an appearance

have you no transister radio?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Gone here too.
    Ditto. I should buy a USB-powered actual radio receiver rather than relying on streams.

Can someone let me know when that pile of sh1te is working again

Mine is back, try again you might be lucky, can't get the fight online though.

Boxing - the much nicer kind of violence! :rolleyes:

pc7 wrote: »
    Don't know if its legal to say this (apologies mods if it isn't), but who's to say this is the first crime of this nature this man has committed (first he's been caught and found guilty of). Do you at his age suddenly just do something like this?

(again just wondering)

Oh stream back.

the unpleasantness and awkwardness is gone.its over to marty Morrissey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

sudzs wrote: »
    Boxing - the much nicer kind of violence! :rolleyes:
    It's ok they've got helmets!

That's because of all the people logging on from Australia and NZ.. caused by emigration.. i.e. it's the Government's fault..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Fuinseog wrote: »
    have you no transister radio?

I have wireless! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

stream might be down because they're not allowed stream an Olympic event ?

• Advertisement

Are we being subjected to the whole match?? :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement