Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 25/7/12 to 12/10/2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Nite club promoter recommending increasing drinking age ergo less clientèle.

She's in the wrong job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

pc7 wrote: »
    Where are these free bars! :eek:

Wherever they are, I want to go and i'll book the venga bus to get there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

clare you promote the demon drink encouraging these young folk to drink. no wonder joe cut you off.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

He really does sound like a copper:D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

syklops wrote: »

She's in the wrong job.

She's a pain in the hole, seriously find me 1 Irish adult that hasn't at some stage when younger gone a bit mad at least once in their life (excluding those that took the pledge). This is not new news Joe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

it was an erectable offense for you joe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Think it's time we had a Bingo call on retired Gardai coming on ~(as usual to advise us how things should be done now that they've left the force)

Get him to say VEHICLE Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Great logic. You can't arrest anyone as if you arrested everyone Pearse St would be full.

Ok - I take it back, I missed the end of his point, which actually makes good sense. I'd be up for ID cards, like they have in most European countries, save us and our neighbours. The guards would just need to get the details and follow up later without having to crowd out jails with blokes giving "Mickey Mouse, 123 Fake St" as their name and address.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Who's this, Lugs Brannigan's brother?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Wherever they are, I want to go and i'll book the venga bus to get there :)

WooHooo Live Lahnnnnn Boardsies road trip :D

Lugs would sort them out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Zero tolerance policing.. I like it.. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Yes, bring back allowing the police to kick the shite out of whoever they didn't like the look of :rolleyes:

Where is booklateron? that he plans on bringing these students. :D You'd know it was Friday I'm feeling very giddy!

She's a pain in the hole, seriously find me 1 Irish adult that hasn't at some stage when younger gone a bit mad at least once in their life (excluding those that took the pledge). This is not new news Joe.

Define a bit mad? I never egged houses, or got sick in a taxi, or peed on a homeless man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I think John might be saying he'd have given them a good hard kick up the hole, which is precisely what they should have gotten.

Tell us about your student days Joe?

Blaggard:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

WooHooo Live Lahnnnnn Boardsies road trip :D

and when we're on the street, pi$$ed out of our brains, making a show of ourselves, keep shouting boardsies so when Joe is talking about it, we'll know it was us :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Tell us about the time you arrested Bang Bang..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Oh shut up Joe, it's nothing to do with price of drink :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Zero tolerance policing.. I like it.. :D:D

reminiscent of John O"Donoghue,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Claire's on hold at the minute :D

wharton.jpg

Since when is 14 euros for a bottle of Paddy "cheap alcohol"?

Where do these students get the money for the drink? Minimum wage is what 8 euro? So you have to work for 2 hours to afford a bottle of spirit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

Typical guard looking for every excuse under the sun not to do his job.

syklops wrote: »
    Define a bit mad? I never egged houses, or got sick in a taxi, or peed on a homeless man.

I mean having a few drinks, a sing song and a bit of noise being made, singing down the road or that, the way some of the callers are going on you'd swear they never touched a drop only to stop them fainting while doing the stations of the cross.
    The peeing on the homeless dude, they are just scum and not representative of any normal person.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Well if the price of drink is not the problem it must be the Venga Bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Fuinseog wrote: »
    Lugs would sort them out
    Heard a few stories about him. He's a bigger scumbag than the lads that pissed on the homeless guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Price of drink has nothing to do with booze I agrree with mr x garda

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement