Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 25/7/12 to 12/10/2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Why, thats nonsense, what's the reason for that?

I think you are only required to give a Garda, your name and address, you are not required to carry identification in this country afaik, If you give a false name then its up to the Garda to follow up

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

And to make up for the loss of your son Susan I'd like to offer you 2 nights at the Red Cow Hotel for the Christmas Party Nights with entertainment by June Rodgers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

And to make up for the loss of your son Susan I'd like to offer you 2 nights at the Red Cow Hotel for the Christmas Party Nights with entertainment by June Rodgers.

You're getting them mixed up....that prize is for a (Death by) Suicide Promotion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Somebody else ringing with another 1000 euro.. ca chinnnnnng

signostic wrote: »
    I remember that and I think many posters remarked on his attitude here at the time..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80209779

• Advertisement

How much will Joe give to his cause célèbre?

Joe: "Susan would you think about going to a group"

Woman: "We went to see One Direction last month Joe but it didnt help :-("

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

I think you are only required to give a Garda, your name and address, you are not required to carry identification in this country afaik, If you give a false name then its up to the Garda to follow up

Fair enough though I'm sure the cops know that they would be carrying id to get served and could ask to see it. Why don't we have id cards here anyway, unless you're doing something wrong what's the big deal?

pc7 wrote: »
    Suicide on a Friday too depressing for me, I'm off to movies and booze have a good one Boardsies, see y'all pee'ing in the streets over the weekend as we get on the Venga bus :D

good decision by pc7 i`d say....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

If Brush Shiels and Sonny Knowles were performing in the Red Cow Inn, I would walk another 100 miles to avoid them. Tom is a great chap though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

ok I'm outta here, going to follow pc7 to the venga bus.

This show is enough to send people running to the off license for the cheap drink, see ya'll next week

For one so wealthy and one who often calls on others less secure financially than himself, Joe seems to have very short hands and long pockets when it comes to making any finacial donations. The phrase "putting your money where your mouth is" is clearly alien to him.

Chairty begins in Ballerfermot Clontarf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Thats enough. I cant stand any more.

I'm off to distill some brandy, make myself a large hot brandy with lemon and cloves and get into bed and try to recover from my cold and this weeks liveline.

have a good weekend folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Conor84

Yakuza wrote: »
    Great logic. You can't arrest anyone as if you arrested everyone Pearse St would be full.

Ok - I take it back, I missed the end of his point, which actually makes good sense. I'd be up for ID cards, like they have in most European countries, save us and our neighbours. The guards would just need to get the details and follow up later without having to crowd out jails with blokes giving "Mickey Mouse, 123 Fake St" as their name and address.

We've all done stupid thinks when on the drink. I have and ended up getting arrested for public order stuff and spent a few hours in the cells. Embarrased as anything the following morning and ended up having to go to court and make a donation to charity. The embarrasment of it all was worse than anything but I was a knob that night. Lesson learnt. looking back on it now I know the Guards were right but didn't think that at the time.

ok I'm outta here, going to follow pc7 to the venga bus.

This show is enough to send people running to the off license for the cheap drink, see ya'll next week

off licence is your only option...head shops were closed...;)

How much will Joe give to his cause célèbre?

As much time as he can give.

(Sadly, Joe doen't carry cash anymore since he was mugged by a white van :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Just tuned in... was it wall to wall suicide since 1.45??? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

sudzs wrote: »

Only for the listeners.

syklops wrote: »
    Only for the listeners.

:D

have we re-tuned into Stoneybatter local radio?

• Advertisement

Joe's house in Clontarf is also down 50%. It now only worth €20million.

no Sudzs, Joe spared us from our daily dose of death-by-suicide until about 20 minutes ago.

Jaysus, Joe sounds miserable! :rolleyes: He must be missing the suicide chat! :rolleyes:

The 42 tonne whale carcass in West Cork? Did Brek die? :eek:

Jaysus, Joe sounds miserable! :rolleyes: He must be missing the suicide chat! :rolleyes:

and in addition to the above he had to issue a muffled apology

and in addition to the above he had to issue a muffled apology

haha! for what??

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

According to the powers that be in Feedback, thread tags ate no longer a site feature. I love them in this thread :(
    The bottom breadcrumbs, social sharing and thread tags were removed deliberately this morning.

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

i witnessed a drunken Dublin GAA player giving a false name (Mickez Mouse) and verbally abusing the guards. it went on for half an hour and they did not arrest him.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Molloys Clondalkin

Fuinseog wrote: »
    i witnessed a drunken Dublin GAA player giving a false name (Mickez Mouse) and verbally abusing the guards. it went on for half an hour and they did not arrest him.

yea yea yea they do great work there the gaurds do.
    and tell me windows was mickey drinking in front of the childer?
    was he in a state of inebrieation urininating on the topshop?
    is there a taxidriver who can confirm your story ahhhhh for the love of...
    they need a kick in the sorry thats a very bad line.
    now marion you have 3 pensions but there making you pay 5 cent extra for being 87 and driving go on there and tell us what happened!!!

• Advertisement

Just heard an ad for "funny" friday there.. Next week I fear..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement