Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 25/7/12 to 12/10/2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

wait for joes buddy from laura ashley to ring in. solidarity phone call

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Joe counting the minutes now for a breakeen to come back with death by suicide no doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

neris wrote: »
    wait for joes buddy from laura ashley to ring in. solidarity phone call

What was her name? Berry? Is she still stood outside Laura Ashley?

I wish that Homestore and more ad was gone. and when I say gone I mean gone. In fact I wish they were gone, due to their fuppin annoying ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Molloys Clondalkin

Maud and suicide brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

WOW...again!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Terrible line!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Ahh Jayyyyyyysus , here we go again....

Joe probably thinks the trans run up and down oconnell st past clearys its been so long since hge was in clearys. Once he hit the rte jackpot it was up to brown thomas for him

Never again to meet Bang Bang

attachment.php?attachmentid=84961&stc=1&d=1318602099

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

europa11 wrote: »
    Joe counting the minutes now for a breakeen to come back with death by suicide no doubt.

well done, well done, fair play.

• Advertisement

Hows it going mystic meg

Tears imminent.

Hows it going mystic meg

I wish :D Paddy Power were offering a miserly 1/33 on it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Jesus H Christ, the day after the All Ireland and still Joe is on about suicide...

shes upset coz no one called her about her adult child?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Here we go, 10 mins in and more suicide. I really am sorry for anyone who has lost anyone in this fashion, it must be awful, but I really don't think it should repeatedly feature on the JD show.

How about not discharging the person until they have been properly assessed???!?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Joe is very impatient with his customers today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Adult or not, I would agree with her in that someone (next of kin) should have been informed as to what went on.
    syklops wrote: »
    How about not discharging the person until they have been properly assessed???!?

+1000

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Now Joe, trying to shift some blame on to the health service personnel ain't going to work. There's no way they could have forced him to seek help or stay in hospital.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Oh God, this is awful, just awful :(

Why does he keep saying "died by suicide"? Like it was something that happened to the person, beyond their control.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

The wrist episode? Seriously?

Joe, you make a big deal to tiptoe around the word suicide, and yet you use that sort of phrase? Nice one.

no one was thinking of the childern...

Oh God, this is awful, just awful :(

Why does he keep saying "died by suicide"? Like it was something that happened to the person, beyond their control.

Because its on the bingo card!!

RadioRetro wrote: »
    Now Joe, trying to shift some blame on to the health service personnel ain't going to work.

Why not?

If an aeronautical engineer signs off on a part of a plane that later malfunctions, even if no-one is injured, that person potentially faces prison.

Why do we not have something similar doctors?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Never again to meet Bang Bang
    attachment.php?attachmentid=84961&stc=1&d=1318602099

Ah I remember oul Dublin.. I used to get the bus up to the ma's wearing the tin of fruit to get a bit of coddle... And then Bang Bang would jump on the bus and frighten me by shouting "BANG, BANG".. I would turn to him smiling and say "Bang, Bang if you dont get that f*kn finger out of my f*kn face, I ram it up yer H0le, ye stupid f*kn c**t"...

Ah, the good old days..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Yakuza wrote: »

Adult or not, I would agree with her in that someone (next of kin) should have been informed as to what went on.

+1000

Absolutely agree, but I'm assuming it would be the responsibility of the patient to give the contact details of their next of kin and maybe in this situation he wasn't cooperative.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

This subject and the lashing rain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Why not?

If an aeronautical engineer signs off on a part of a plane that later malfunctions, even if no-one is injured, that person potentially faces prison.

Why do we not have something similar doctors?

Exactly. But I'm not the person to ask.

• Advertisement

Has Joe ever considered changing the title of this programme to something more akin to the present style?, something like this maybe....

3200889.jpg

ffs, it's every feckin' day now :mad:. I'd bet he's hoping someone gets wrapped around a tractor when they're off at the Ploughing thing during the week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement