Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 25/7/12 to 12/10/2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Cienciano wrote: »
    What a brilliant line:
    "There's 2 places where people commit suicide. Indoors, and they also do it outdoors"

Inspired wasn't it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Cienciano wrote: »
    What a brilliant line:
    "There's 2 places where people commit suicide. Indoors, and they also do it outdoors"

It's akin to Joe saying that "everything in Clerys was €9.99 - or some other price"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

"he attempted death by suicide"...

ffs... What sort of softening of "he tried to kill himself" is that? I dont think anything is served by Joe looking through his Big Book Of Expressions for euphemisms.
    Yeah I don't see how what Joe said is less offensive than attempted suicide (no use of the word "committed" which is what bothers some people).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

"It wouldn't have made any difference anyway" Mary brings a dose of reality to the signs wheeze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Was unFunny Friday on the radio... ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Exactly, No amount of signs will stop anybody ''attempting death by suicide'' its like everything else, if they want to do it, they will do it.

They knew she was in dis dress, not dat dress.

Suzie4 wrote: »
    how about people accept suicide as something some people want to do..

they were brought into the world without their consent,some people dont like it here.

nothing wrong with killing yourself .
    That's all very well if people are isolated units but people have families and friends. It's not very easy for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

thought he was going to ask her "what's your difference?" for a sec.

Honestly don't think anyone who has attempted suicide....sorry, death-by-suicide....should be talking to Joe.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Right I'm gone, Joe should not be discussing things like this with this lady, he is not a Doctor. This is very hard listen too and I don't see it helping anyone, if you were on the edge this would push you over. :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

The sleeping tablets are still working!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Suzie4

..wooded area ..no signs for mary...
    yes a darkness came over me while i was cutting the grass...

and how prey tell where you going to kill yourself love..

by getting lost in the woods?

this is getting ridiculous now ..

TREES ALL AROUND HER IN A WOOD :eek:.

I cant believe that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

Is this a samaratins interview,,..... Ffs. Signs in the woods, on bridges, in taxis, on the buses....wont make a difference she says...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

These, people need a councillor not an overpaid over dramatic radio presenter

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

The dogs have since topped themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Windmills? Where was she holland

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Put the dog on Mary.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

Th other dog took a dump.......

"and what did the other dog do?".

JESUS WEPT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

sounds like an acid trip

That's all very well if people are isolated units but people have families and friends. It's not very easy for them.

families and friends dont matter to people who kill themselves...if it did they wouldnt kill themselves...families come to this realisation eventually.

The woman tried to commit suicide and Duffy asks her what did the other dog do.

that man is brilliant :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Christ sake, life is hard enough without having to listen to this.. I'd say she'll find the dog hanging out the back when she puts the phone down..

"I tried to JUMP away".

Sorry, I know I shouldn't but I laughed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I don't understand how people can make sh*tty, sarcastic comments about somebody's suicide attempt.

There are some utter cretins on this thread.

Why didn't Joe ask her - "could you see the word for the trees when you were in the forest?"

He normally never misses the chance to get in a dodgy or inappropriate pun.

Suzie4 wrote: »
    families and friends dont matter to people who kill themselves...if it did they wouldnt kill themselves...families come to this realisation eventually.
    You need to educate yourself about depression and suicide before you make statements like that.

mad woman with dogs goes to sleep in the woods ,and joe duffy has her on as an expert suicide suvivor..:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement

You need to educate yourself about depression and suicide before you make statements like that.

my father was a manic depressive,i have suffered from depression and suicidal idiation...is that good enough for you?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement