Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 25/7/12 to 12/10/2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

can someone post when this woman is off the line and teh subjects changed. her voice and this topic are making me wish i had a rope for the tree outside my window

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Only threadwatching today, am I missing much by way of audio misery?
    Suicide again! I switched off. I want to hear about people being scammed or travellers fucking up peoples driveways when I listen to liveline.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I don't think this is really helping anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Well the caller introduced her story by saying her father attempted suicide by going into a river, and they resuscitated him and he lived in a vegetative state for a further 9 months.

I wish I was only thread watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

only the extra misery being piled on by Doctor Joe's McSuicide Awareness b/s and his interminable sighs.........keep watching :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

all this talk of suicide is going to drive me to it,

I'm not sure this relentless talk of suicide actually helps anyone. In fact I'm fairly sure it doesn't. Ray darcy is at it as well.I think these presenters like nothing more than to be seen as part of some 'campaign' or other.
    I think these people do more harm than good.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I don't think this is really helping anyone

I think it's exposing our health services for lack of proper coordination and joined-up thinking.

I'm not sure this relentless talk of suicide actually helps anyone. In fact I'm fairly sure it doesn't. Ray darcy is at it as well.I think these presenters like nothing more than to be seen as part of some 'campaign' or other.

ray darcy read out a bizarre text the other which went along the lines of the texter saying talk of suicide in the media increased the suicide rates and it shouldnt be talked about because it might remind people that suicide was an opton.

wonder how many listners rte have lost in the last week then

Alcohol bashing effort.....yeah Joe, banning the evil drink will stop it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

yep, if anything i reckon it puts the idea into depressed people's heads

"well others are doing it so i will"

• Advertisement

I think it's exposing our health services for lack of proper coordination and joined-up thinking.

Exposing it? Its flogging the horse in the vegetative state. We know the HSE is a heap of ****. It was a heap of sh1t when we had billions to throw at it. It didnt improve. now we don't have the money. No-one has any suggestions, no-one has any answers, no-one has ideas.

With the power that Joe has he could be helping people in other ways. He has paid plenty of money to actually do something. Instead its just sob story every day.

duffys blocked me from his twitter. guess he doesnt like people telling him reality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

You cannot expect the HSE to give private health info to family members.

I would be seriously pissed off if a medical professional told family members any of my health information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

You cannot expect the HSE to give private health info to family members.

I would be seriously pissed off if a medical professional told family members any of my health information.

Even in that type of instance?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

neris wrote: »
    duffys blocked me from his twitter. guess he doesnt like people telling him reality

Now that is a badge of honour! Congrats!

What did you say to incur his wrath?

No. It is against confidentiality rules.

It is up to the health services to provide proper emergency psychiatric services.

No. It is against confidentiality rules.

It is up to the health services to provide proper emergency psychiatric services.

I know, I'm not sure though I think if it were me I might be glad of some intervention. It's hard to know though.

I wish he would stop saying "died by suicide". It's so obviously a concerted effort by him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

More hand wringing and deep sighs from joe and people repeating "there is help out there". It's as if someone suicidal isn't aware of the samaritans etc.
    Someone suicidal is long past that.
    These people just like the sound of their own voices. Because other than that this is an exercise is stating the bleedin obvious. It's tea and sympathy on the radio. Not worth a **** to anyone.

I know, I'm not sure though I think if it were me I might be glad of some intervention. It's hard to know though.

Well if you get on with your family, if your close to them fine, but Ivy may not be close to her family, or I might not be close to mine. In fact, my family might be part of the cause for me to be suicidal.

syklops wrote: »

Well if you get on with your family, if your close to them fine, but Ivy may not be close to her family, or I might not be close to mine. In fact, my family might be part of the cause for me to be suicidal.

Yeah, good points :)

• Advertisement

I wish he would stop saying "died by suicide". It's so obviously a concerted effort by him.
    I see what you mean but I don't think it's up to the doctors to make that decision. As Syklops says, they don't know what the relationship I have with my family is like. (And I don't mean just in relation to suicide but for any health issue).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

syklops wrote: »
    In fact, my family might be part of the cause for me to be suicidal.

You're related to Joe??!! :eek:

;)

There you go now

nothing would have helped her

sudzs wrote: »
    You're related to Joe??!! :eek:

;)

He's the fourth twin. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I agree completely!

One thing that really annoys me is that when you have a baby in this country, a Public Health Nurse is on your doorstep within 24 hours and could visit the house several times for the first six weeks of the child's life. From speaking to friends, very few people actually need these visits or want these visits (particularly after the first child). I thought the visits I received from my Public Nurses were a complete waste of time and resources and I'd have preferred if she had spent her time visiting the elderly or someone who actually needed help.

However, if you turn to the HSE looking for help for a teenage child who is suffering from depression or is suicidal, it can be next to impossible to access services and where counselling is available there can be a wait of 9 months to a year for it.

So this whole thing is pointless

Joe- "No counselling would make a difference"

And your pop-psycho analysis, amatuer quackery and false sighs while exploiting these peoples' misery are?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

These people's loved ones need a psychiatrist, not a sigh-chiatrist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Suzie4

duffy just didnt get to the happy ending so to speak yesterday ,so needs a little more suicidal pain to get him off...

roll on the next victims..

• Advertisement

Czeckorepublic

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement