Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 25/7/12 to 12/10/2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

This is horrendous stuff

holding her dead boys the cold :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Suzie4

Yesterday you were using your own experience of depression and suicide to dismiss other people's thoughts on the subject.

No i wasnt ivy ,how dare you .

You obviously just have something against me now.

i would advise you to re read all my post ,so you can at least get your petty insults right.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Leave the poor woman alone you prick!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Here he goes again. Doctor Joe solves the twins death-by-suicide mystery....." 'twas the drink! "

Ivy you really have become as bad as joe duffy with your ignorant remarks and petty squabbling.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Joe has hit an all time low..... he is thriving on this, just plain wrong. That poor poor woman my heart is going out to her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Yesterday you were using your own experience of depression and suicide to dismiss other people's thoughts on the subject.

I've added Suzie4 to my ignore list. I suggest you do the same.

syklops wrote: »
    I've added Suzie4 to my ignore list. I suggest you do the same.

yes please do ivy. thanks.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I've been tuning in and out as its not the right place for a woman like that to be exploited, but did her sons commit suicide or was it a drugs overdose? But the lady mentioned alcohol problems? As I say I was tuning in and out so may have picked it up wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

God that only happened in MAY! There is no way she should be on talking about it. Poor woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

pure exploitation .... jesus ...

i will translate that for the uninitiated...in joes thinking.

"margerat,we never cared ,we never will care ,get off the phone will you,as i need to take a break.."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Justask wrote: »
    Joe has hit an all time low..... he is thriving on this, just plain wrong. That poor poor woman my heart is going out to her.

I agree. However there are people out there who think this is brilliant radio. I'd say most of his listeners actually. They don't care about this woman.They think they do, but they just like hearing tragic stories and talking about them and then saying things like "we don't know how lucky we are" etc.
    I'm not sure what a suicidal person gets from hearing story after story of suicides.

pc7 wrote: »
    I've been tuning in and out as its not the right place for a woman like that to be exploited, but did her sons commit suicide or was it a drugs overdose? But the lady mentioned alcohol problems? As I say I was tuning in and out so may have picked it up wrong.

It looks like they overdosed

Sitting here crying listening to that poor mother....before she called I was moaning about a sore toe, my house having to be cleaned, the rain, among a hundred of things jesus did that give me the hard kick I needed.

I agree. However there are people out there who think this is brilliant radio. I'd say most of his listeners actually. They don't care about this woaman.They think they do, but they just like hearing tragic stories and talking about them and the saying things like "we don't know how lucky we are" etc.
    I'm not sure what a suicidal person gets from hearing story after story of suicides.

what a lot of suicidal people get ,is the encouragement to do it,as they hear other people were able to do it..

Sitting here crying listening to that poor mother....before she called I was moaning about a sore toe, my house having to be cleaned, the rain, among a hundred of things jesus did that give me the hard kick I needed.

really...you really needed to hear how a woman found her two dead twin sons ...really...

wow...

Suzie4 wrote: »
    what a lot of suicidal people get ,is the encouragement to do it,as they hear other people were able to do it..

I'm inclined to agree with you Suzie.

really...you really needed to hear how a woman found her two dead twin sons ...really...

wow...

Sorry? :confused:

• Advertisement

I agree. However there are people out there who think this is brilliant radio. I'd say most of his listeners actually. They don't care about this woman.They think they do, but they just like hearing tragic stories and talking about them and then saying things like "we don't know how lucky we are" etc.

You've proved my point. I'm glad YOU got something out of it.

there really is no point in me trying to explain that to you..
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:.just keep listening to joe to get your perspective on everyday things...

Play nice Suzie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

I had a vision there of Joe sending around his researchers with A3 posters advertising the Lahhvhlahhn number on the walls of A&E's up and down the country.

After all who needs The Samaritans, SOS, Pieta House or whoever when Quack Joe is there ready to make you cry your eyes out for the great god of entertainment.

there really is no point in me trying to explain that to you..
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:.just keep listening to joe to get your perspective on everyday things...

Will do thanks....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Joe seems to think that talking, any type of talking, about suicide helps suicidal people.

I don't think it does.

He talks in detail about HOW people do it.

He talks about voluntary services, but only mentions their names in a rushed a vague way, and never gives any emergency numbers or anything. THAT might be more helpful.

This is now ..."radio suicide"

and i am turning the knob off...

take care all the aware people ..

i wish more pain and suffering to all those who are actually enjoying this ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

europa11 wrote: »
    I had a vision there of Joe sending around his researchers with A3 posters advertising the Lahhvhlahhn number on the walls of A&E's up and down the country.

After all who needs The Samaritans, SOS, Pieta House or whoever when Quack Joe is there ready to make you cry your eyes out for the great god of entertainment.

Sorry I know I said I was out but I just can't help myself.....Is Joe suggesting with actual sincerity that the suicide epidemic isn't helped by the lack of posters/leaflets?

Will do thanks....:)

the definition of a sar - chasm.

byebye people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Sorry I know I said I was out but I just can't help myself.....Is Joe suggesting with actual sincerity that the suicide epidemic isn't helped by the lack of posters/leaflets?

He asked if the numbers for various organisations were on the walls of the A&E.

• Advertisement

This is now ..."radio suicide"

and i am turning the knob off...

take care all the aware people ..

i wish more pain and suffering to all those who are actually enjoying this ..

:D I burst out laughing at that!:D Nice one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement