Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 25/7/12 to 12/10/2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Furthermore, why doesn't he have someone from Pieta house on? Or actually advertise their number in case people are listening who may be feeling suicidal.

But no, waffle on about leaflets and the positioning of dead boys TO THEIR MOTHER.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Molloys Clondalkin

another whole show on sicide thats it im sticking with music tomorrow.

syklops wrote: »
    Sorry I know I said I was out but I just can't help myself.....Is Joe suggesting with actual sincerity that the suicide epidemic isn't helped by the lack of posters/leaflets?

He asked if the numbers for various organisations were on the walls of the A&E.

Isn't it a little late when you are in A & E though?
    I'm not suggesting I know what the answer is but I'm pretty sure Joe doesn't have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Suzie4 wrote: »
    the definition of a sar - chasm.

byebye people.

Bye have a nice day ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

The thing is, joe feels now that he probably saved lives today!:rolleyes:
    Fungus just described it as "moving,powerful, radio":rolleyes:

The majority of his listeners think the same and will now put the kettle on and chortle at Brek's latest insights! They don't really care about suicide but they feel good about themselves for listening.
    Sentimentality is an Irish trait and I know I'm genearlising. But sentimenatlity leads to a whinging, naval gazing, alcoholic, woe is me mentality and Joe is the main dealer is this particular drug.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

The majority of his listeners think the same and will now put the kettle on and chortle at Brek's latest insights! hey don't really care about suicide but they feel good about themselves for listening.
    I don't understand how anyone could feel good about themselves after listening to that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Suzie4

The majority of his listeners think the same and will now put the kettle on and chortle at Brek's latest insights! They don't really care about suicide but they feel good about themselves for listening.
    Sentimentality is an Irish trait and I know I'm genearlising. But sentimenatlity leads to a whinging, naval gazing, alcoholic, woe is me mentality and Joe is the main dealer is this particular drug.

The passerbye effect: In a potentially dangerous situation, then, everyone present will appear more unconcerned than he is in fact.
    Looking at the apparent impassivity and lack of reaction of the others, each person is led to believe that nothing really is
    wrong. Meanwhile the danger may be mounting, to the point where a single person, uninfluenced by the seeming calm of
    others, would react.
    A crowd can thus force inaction on its members by implying, through its passivity and apparent indifference, that
    an event is not an emergency. Any individual in such a crowd is uncomfortably aware that he'll look like a fool if he
    behaves as though it were-and in these circumstances, until someone acts, no one acts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

meanwhile in Spain preparations for Dinner begin

SPAIN-articleLarge.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

I don't understand how anyone could feel good about themselves after listening to that!

I don't either Ivy, but they will.Don't forget, most people that listen to liveline do so because they LIKE it.They think Joe is a hero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I don't either Ivy, but they will.Don't forget, most people that listen to liveline do so because they LIKE it.They think Joe is a hero.

To be honest, I think most people listen to liveline because it is after the news and they forget to turn it off. I beat if they did a recap show on a friday they would have problems finding people to come on and talk about their favourite segment of the week because for the majority of people its in one ear and out the other. My parents tend to turn it off about half way through unless something good is on. Which lets face it, there hasn't been since about 1994.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

To be honest, I think most people listen to liveline because it is after the news and they forget to turn it off. I beat if they did a recap show on a friday they would have problems finding people to come on and talk about their favourite segment of the week because for the majority of people its in one ear and out the other. My parents tend to turn it off about half way through unless something good is on. Which lets face it, there hasn't been since about 1994.
    You take that back! What about Shane "If I said you were a paedophile" O'Curry? And that one time PBH was on?

You take that back! What about Shane "If I said you were a paedophile" O'Curry? And that one time PBH was on?

Ok, I take it back, but if we were to look back on the best of Liveline, since 1994 its been anything PBH was involved in, Shane O'Curry and the Rubberbandits and...

Maybe we could release a single for Christmas. The best bits of Liveline. All 14 minutes of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

.... My parents tend to turn it off about half way through unless something good is on. Which lets face it, there hasn't been since about 1994.

... there was something good on Liveline in '94? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

And don't forget the Presidential text poll won by Martin McGuinness!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Oracle wrote: »
    .... My parents tend to turn it off about half way through unless something good is on. Which lets face it, there hasn't been since about 1994.

... there was something good on Liveline in '94? :rolleyes:

Yep, a woman called in from Clontarf for the first time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Was it Syklop's ma? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I uploaded that one..

just noticed the comment
    joe duffy...your an out and out tosser ..cant take it ..a school yard bully

received 87 thankzzz... lol

Also, people are fogetting the Nigerian Embassy incident..

And the results of the Presidential Poll.... It took me a day to stop laughing after hearing this one..

It's what I call public service tubing... *awaits collective slap on the back from other posters* :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Thanks for reminding me Butters :)

Seeing as we've had nothing but non-stop misery for the past who knows when from Joe, and no doubt another suicidal one tomorrow before "Funny Thursday" from the Funny Farm has us all reaching for the whiskey bottle and a revolver :(, time to get a genuine laugh from that very same 'woman from Clontarf' and re-live this classic.

(Watching how the "Joe in the middle" kept himself from bursting out laughing is almost as funny as the sketch itself :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

:) Shane O'Curry .....I'll never tire of that one :) A Lahhvhlahn Legend! excellent, thanks for that JA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

europa11 wrote: »
    :) Shane O'Curry .....I'll never tire of that one :) A Lahhvhlahn Legend! excellent, thanks for that JA

You get a grip, you come on here calling me a paedophile... :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

More ''death by suicide'' i presume today, Glad now i decided to work outside in the cold and the rain, and while i did get soaked, i found it far less depressing then listening to Joe and his morbid tone, more of the same tomorrow me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

You get a grip, you come on here calling me a paedophile... :D

Handbags at dawn :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

2 people died in 'mental institutions' so more of the same tomorrow I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I uploaded that one..

just noticed the comment

received 87 thankzzz... lol

Also, people are fogetting the Nigerian Embassy incident..

And the results of the Presidential Poll.... It took me a day to stop laughing after hearing this one..

It's what I call public service tubing... *awaits collective slap on the back from other posters* :-)

Some absolute gems in there.

Don't suppose you have the Rubberbandits one as well? That's up there with the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Xavi6 wrote: »

Don't suppose you have the Rubberbandits one as well? That's up there with the best.

For you Xavi.....:

• Registered Users Posts: 72,656 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Joe: ''What's the worst part about being a Rose?''

The incomparable June Rodgers: ''The greenfly.''

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Xavi6 wrote: »

For you Xavi.....:

Fantastic, never heard that, thank you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

He's just advertised "Funny Thursday" from the ploughing championship during the news.

sligojoek wrote: »
    He's just advertised "Funny Thursday" from the ploughing championship during the news.

This is some kind of a joke I assume? Sligojoek, please reply and tell me this is a joke.

If its not a joke, I am writing to complain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Glad I missed yesterdays show by the looks of things. Will I need ether at the ready for todays show?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement