Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 25/7/12 to 12/10/2012

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Great show, well done well done :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

The woman is entitled to earn a living without putting up with that. However Dublin is a dangerous place at night,I wouldn't do it. Being attacked seems to be an occupational hazzard.

BTW Fergus Finlay was a Labour Party spin doctor.

I think ive told this story before but I got into a taxi in Dublin once and I turned to the driver and told him where to go and he was pointing what looked like a Walther PPK handgun at me and he said to me "Does this look real to you?". I mumbled something like "wha?", and he ejected the clip, put the clip back in and cocked it and said "Does this look real to you?" I stuttered something else. Then he continued "Some kid left it in the car I was wondering if its realistic looking. I could could use it on the drunks".

My heart started beating again and off we went. If I was allowed a real Walther PPK, then i would consider taxi driving. Otherwise, Id rather go on the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Toenails:D

I'm trying to imagine people hanging on by their toenails but I just can't picture it. :D

sudzs wrote: »
    What colour was it??!! ;)

pink / purple...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Great show, one of the better ones for a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

This show Joe, its gone beyond a joke Joe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Ah damn, looks like I missed Lahvlahn gold today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Ah damn, looks like I missed Lahvlahn gold today!

You did, I'm hoping it was a sign of things to come for the rest of the week, if ONLY ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

00067668-450.jpg

so, its clear, Van Man was trying to overtake the HGV on the outside, its not as if the HGV could have overtaken the van

Now, I wonder what NOONANs' Insurance Policy say about company vehicles being used as family taxi's !

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

my friend wrote: »
    00067668-450.jpg

so, its clear, Van Man was trying to overtake the HGV on the outside, its not as if the HGV could have overtaken the van

Now, I wonder what NOONANs' Insurance Policy say about company vehicles being used as family taxi's !

That's a load of rubbish !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Surely if the van is registered as a commercial vehicle and insured accordingly that means that unless the child is an employee of noonans then the driver was breaking the law?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Arent noonans a cleaning company? Nice mess for them to clear up there. Id say mr van man will be giving his mother an earful wen his p45 lands in the letter box

Owryan wrote: »
    Surely if the van is registered as a commercial vehicle and insured accordingly that means that unless the child is an employee of noonans then the driver was breaking the law?

Thats what I thought too, having seen the pic it is a miracle no one was killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

pc7 wrote: »
    You know the 5 lamps Joe, go hang your boooolllox off them

Following the thread while listening to the pod and pissed myself laughing when I read this.

Made for an awkward made up explanation to my Aussie boss who would have no idea what the 5 lamps, Joe Duffy and Liveline are :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

neris wrote: »
    Arent noonans a cleaning company? Nice mess for them to clear up there. Id say mr van man will be giving his mother an earful wen his p45 lands in the letter box

Twill be back onto joe so, complaining about the heartlessness of them.

Another thing, why was he on that stretch of road ? work or domestic reasons ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Bet your house on 'Holy Communion' today!

Owryan wrote: »
    Twill be back onto joe so, complaining about the heartlessness of them.

Another thing, why was he on that stretch of road ? work or domestic reasons ?

revenue might be onto him aswell using the company van for deomestic use. thats benefit in kind which good aul charlie mcreevy brought in

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The Canonisation of Venerable Matt Talbot today amongst other topical subjects

The Canonisation of Venerable Matt Talbot today amongst other topical subjects

Wha??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Now taking bets on outraged taxi drivers ringing in raging about the new regulations.

• Advertisement

Self is braced! :):D

shockwave wrote: »
    Now taking bets on outraged taxi drivers ringing in raging about the new regulations.

id say the odds are very short

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

How the fup can RTE sponsor a web conference when they're so far in the red?

And we begin with the mickey money issue.

Oh NO! GUTTED, I can't see the latest replies, can reply but last reply I can see is 2 hours ago....

Waaaaaaaaaah :mad:

shock and understatemnet? you do know you have to pay for electricity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

You had a hundred euros in yer wallet.. why didnt they pay the bill with that? Is this another show about hoarders?

you hav e had plenty of time to pay the bill and you wait till its cut off to make a token gesture of payment. fcukin chancer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

She says she's one of the wealthy people that don't need child allowance, yet she can't pay her ESB. More people who confuse snobby with wealthy.

Why did they let it get that far?

Most companies will accept piece by piece payment by arrangement with the customer.

Not sure how it gets so far as to have someone call to your door to cut off electricity.

• Advertisement

June & July?? and the 2 months inbetween then and now?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement