Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 25/7/12 to 12/10/2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Young children in university

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

sudzs wrote: »
    Liveline, sponsered by Tony Lyons Gold Blend, a shorter sentence for richer folk. ;)

I cracked a Lyons joke yesterday and nobody laughed.. :(

(It is cos I'm Polish :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

yeah the poor young children - hopefully they don't have to suffer a sexual attack, particularly now we're letting sex offenders out on the streets to rape again after a few weeks in prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

Why exactly does the attacker get character witnesses in a sex attack case?

What does your "character" have to do with whether you're a rapist (or attempted rapist) or not?

Surely, if you did it, then you did it.

Why does what "sort of person" your mates think you are need to be heard about in court?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Last caller said no one knew them even though they were living there 15 yrs. liar....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

MrsD007 wrote: »
    This is really infuriating :mad::mad::mad: I think this lad would have an entirely different view of his friend if he had attacked his wife/sister or daughter.
    Bang on. Would love to hear Joes reaction if it was his daughter instead. If it ever happens I'll ring in saying I know the guy and it was out of character and he gave to charity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Boxing coming up at 2:45pm

boxing_smiley_animated_1.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

It wasn't a big deal, you guys got it free in the great Driving Licence Amnesty !

"We have a lot of more money after the celtic tiger"
    What planet is this guy on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Why don't the ring the sex attacker lyons, seen as he's so great?

• Advertisement

What's with the 'little boy racer' phrase he's so fond of repeating, I've seen plenty of boy racers that also come in medium, large and extra large.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Cienciano wrote: »
    Bang on. Would love to hear Joes reaction if it was his daughter instead. If it ever happens I'll ring in saying I know the guy and it was out of character and he gave to charity.

If anything happened to Joe's family or anyone else in those circles the attacker would get the full sentence

Boombastic wrote: »
    Why don't the ring the sex attacker lyons, seen as he's so great?
    He's to busy helping out at the local orphanage.

If anything happened to Joe's family or anyone else in those circles the attacker would get the full sentence

Didn't one of the two twins have their bike stolen a year or two and Joe went all Charles Bronson on them and found and took the bike himself ? There's no justice like Joe Justice, the courts are from schmucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

Sounds like the guard got a few dirty brown envelopes..

The amount of disgression the cops have in cases puts them in a position where they are open to corruption.

They don't have to be actually corrupt (I don't know how many, if any, are) but the system leaves that question hanging there, and makes their position as the upholders of the law more difficult.

here we go. Educated. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Haaard Wuurkers! ....just like Joe.

Here we go,
    RADIO favourite Joe Duffy has become a have-a-go hero after taking on a band of "gurriers" who had stolen his son's bike.

The Liveline host (54) has told how he challenged the youths -- who were 40 years younger than him -- even though his head was telling him it was not safe to do so.

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-town/haveago-joe-tackles-bike-thieves-2384064.html

Its a disgrace what this judge has said, everyone in Ireland should get a fair trial with an unbiased judge. Unless you're rich and have given money to charity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I had the legs bet off me in Limerick by kids with bamboo sticks and I ain't Polish. I'm from Limerick.

I'm sorry but that just made me laugh. I'm getting an image of the kids dressed as Japanese prisoner guards ala The Bridge over the River Kwai.

Yeah, I can laugh about it now but I was fair upset at the time, little pricks :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

A wise person I know said:

'those that can't go back won't go back'

Referring to those with criminal records, I can take you to any town in ireland and in 24 hours will show you that this has been proven true.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

Lassie ?

about time a little sense

lassie.jpg

Of course he knows her

"Mars calling Joe"...."Mars calling Joe"..."Come in Joe"

Boxing about to start......stream already breaking up, fck if I have to listen to Magoo instead. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

The "i love antony lyons" goon squad on again. Its just a shame really. I dont think i would like to be the one to give a reference to a sexual offender.

* Cough *

I need to go take some cough syrup....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

Oh thanks for letting us know Joe about "funny" Friday ... my radio will be glued in the "OFF" position.....

untill Monday ....

• Advertisement

jcf wrote: »
    Oh thanks for letting us know Joe about "funny" Friday ... my radio will be glued in the "OFF" position.....

untill Monday ....

Tuesday

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement