Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 25/7/12 to 12/10/2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

ThisRegard wrote: »
    So is on all these benefits and takes a loan out for solar panels ? Anyone got that monorail handy ?

This guy wants to call her.....;)

tumblr_m9s5si3ebg1qzwr0l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

He's having Foiver Froiday on Friday the 13th? Careful now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Cassidy28

Crap shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Suzie4

i know that shop...completely over priced old clothes..hope your business fails .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Feck off with yer plugs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Super plug straight off there, good woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Straight in with the plug there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Can we add Czechoslovakia to the bingo list. Its coming up about once a week now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

We supply czechoslovakia, USSR, Persia, Narnia... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Cassidy28

Suzie4 wrote: »
    i know that shop...completely over priced old clothes..hope your business fails .

I went into that shop about 8 months ago, and the service was dreadful, no interest in the customer.

• Advertisement

Is there a bingo call on "We own the banks, Joe" ?

This wan is well up on current events, she sends stuff to Czechoslovakia!!!!....call the pollicce!

Joe - "Childrens Allowance Tuesday"

It's Mickey Day ......you fop :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

We supply czechoslovakia, USSR, Persia, Narnia... :D

+1

I'm listening from Slovakia and I'm discusted with this womans ignorance.

Has Derek Mooney retired and not told anyone?

Could they not give PBH his own show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I presume those of you without children who may eventually have them will be eschewing the child benefit?

My arse.

Kolido wrote: »
    +1

I'm listening from Slovakia and I'm discusted with this womans ignorance.

Where in Slovakia?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

What a pile of 2 faced crap on the show today. And thats just the callers!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

syklops wrote: »
    Where in Slovakia?

Kosice

I presume those of you without children who may eventually have them will be eschewing the child benefit?

My arse.

I dont expect the government to pay for my kids. Nor do I expect to have to rely on the paltry sum that is the child benefit. If I think I may ever have to rely on it then i will make different choices for myself.

That last one got in solar panels, and now uses her child benefit to pay her airtricity. That is not what the money is meant to be for.

Kolido wrote: »
    Kosice

Sure Im only down the road from you. 400 miles down the road...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

syklops wrote: »

My arse.

I dont expect the government to pay for my kids. Nor do I expect to have to rely on the paltry sum that is the child benefit. If I think I may ever have to rely on it then i will make different choices for myself.

That last one got in solar panels, and now uses her child benefit to pay her airtricity. That is not what the money is meant to be for.

I agree on the solar panels point.

So if you do at some point have children in Ireland, you will be saying "No thanks" to the monthly child benefit payment?

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

I've had no internet for the last few days and yesterday listening to the start of the show i really missed it, the Elderly lady who had her bag with 1000 euros in it :eek:, probably more i would suggest, robbed from the side of the bed and didnt miss it gone for 2 days!!! really got to me

Now I'm sure there are some elderly people in this country struggling :rolleyes: but these are the type of elderly people i have not much time for, they go on talkshows and criticise how much money young people get on childerns allowances, or grants or whatever, then when challenged on how they can contribute, they say oh we cant pay for this, we cant pay for that, sure we're old and we've no money, but yet they can afford to stuff close to or over 1000 euro into their bag and stick it beside the bed :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

We've no idea how long she was saving that up for. A lot of old people down the country don't use banks / post offices that regularly if they have issues getting access to one, so tend to have more than the average amount of cash lying around the house. To be honest, she didn't sound the sort that would be rolling in it, but even if she was, no one deserves to have live through the trauma of have some scrote come and steal it.

Scum like that (targetting vulnerable old folks) should be dumped on some remote island off the atlantic coast.

or preferably...
    Yakuza wrote: »
    Scum like that (targetting vulnerable old folks) should be dumped on some remote island off the atlantic coast.[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Well, direct execution might be a little extreme, but having them try to eat grass and pebbles or each other might be more palatable (excuse the pun), or they could always try to swim back to the mainland. Amputation would be an alternative.

Yakuza wrote: »
    Scum like that (targetting vulnerable old folks) should be dumped on some remote island off the atlantic coast.

i could'nt agree more, my grandmother was robbed 20 years ago when she was alive, but why in this day and age are they still hiding it in handbags or under the mattress, i dont agree that they wont or cant use banks cos im sure she ventures down to the post office for her pension, no matter what age you are, its relatively safe to say, that your money is better off in the bank or post office then in her handbag beside the bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

oh yeah dickiehead rock

heres the start of the Clear Jimmy Saville campaign :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Did Dickie not see Jimmy Saville buying sweets for the kids down the candy store at the corner..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

bet jimmy saville wished he was a priest at the time

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement