Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 25/7/12 to 12/10/2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Council lady still living in the Celtic Tiger era...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

as i missed the show for the last week, did Joe find the 3 fellas who pi$$ed on the homeless guy

No, but Crimecall will be doing a re-enactment on next week's programme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

the coucil woman should just hang up, this is an argument she cant win....as long as duffy runs this show

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Jasus, we're actually listening to Dun Laoghaire corpo propaganda. She knows exactly how many shops have opened, the names of them and where they are, but doesn't have a clue about any business that closed down. If anyone dares say anything negative about the place she openly gives out to them for being negative!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Dunlaoghaire has been dying on it's feet since the '90's and no wonder when elected council officials take this line of attack against rate payers. What'll thay do when the property tax comes in and everyone in Dunlaoghaire will be expecting decent services?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Where would you prefer they talked about?
    Rates and parking charges are a big issue all over the country and is being used to overpay the likes of this arrogant council worker.

I agree with you, but I think the best place to have this discussion is at a local council/business meeting, not the national airwaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Another meaningless petty squabble being aired on national radio.
    It's probably fairly representative of the attitudes of councils to small businesses up and down the land.

Council : Pay up, make sure all your red tape is up to date or we'll put you out of business. What do you mean you want services for the rates you pay? We've no money, so fúck off and pay up or else.

washiskin wrote: »
    Dunlaoghaire has been dying on it's feet since the '90's and no wonder when elected council officials take this line of attack against rate payers. What'll thay do when the property tax comes in and everyone in Dunlaoghaire will be expecting decent services?
    It's gone to shite since Rainbow Rapids closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭Trampas

1000 staff. ffs what a waste

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

1000 staff!

Jesus wept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

You surveyed yourselves? What madness is this?

And I'd wager the entire Wexford CoCo has less than 1k staff! That's unbelievable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

You mean "porking" surely? ;)

Personally I couldn't give a "FOCK" about dun laoighaire.

Where would you prefer they talked about?
    Rates and parking charges are a big issue all over the country and is being used to overpay the likes of this arrogant council worker.

Agreed. If I lived in Dun Laoighaire I would expect this on community radio.

Not on RTE1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

1,000 council staff? WTF are they all doing?:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Suzie4 wrote: »
    The mouth on the councilor..she sounds like a fish wife.

:eek: you mean.........

Twink.jpg

...is on the Council out there??

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

“To make a long story short.”

That would make a nice change.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Not on RTE1.

The point is that DunLaoghaire is indicative of towns up and down the country.It was Naas earlier in the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Yakuza wrote: »
    It's probably fairly representative of the attitudes of councils to small businesses up and down the land.

Council : Pay up, make sure all your red tape is up to date or we'll put you out of business. What do you mean you want services for the rates you pay? We've no money, so fúck off and pay up or else.

They've talked that topic to death on Livelne with little or no progress.

It's pointless continuing this trend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

3.5m pays for the 1000 jobs for wafflers like this one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

No Mary, you've already dialled and got through!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

And the obscene pensions and wages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

1,000 council staff? WTF are they all doing?:mad:

office-games_full.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Not on RTE1.

The point is that DunLaoghaire is indicative of towns up and down the country.It was Naas earlier in the week.

I don't live there either ;)

Still don't care :D

Everyone that supports the Dreary Dun Laoghaire woman is going to get a hike in rates next year

Cienciano wrote: »
    Everyone that supports the Dreary Dun Laoghaire woman is going to get a hike in rates next year

and a revenue audit

thats how this state works

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

This council lady will not be able to stick her snout out in Dun Laoghaire after this

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

The 'young people of Ireland' don't go into these small shops with some oul one lookin at you. They shop on the internet or 'malls'.

:pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Take that back, Take that back. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Oh Joe is getting angry, love it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Joe got a stiffy there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement